PDA

View Full Version : International 4wd

Cuppa
18th April 2018, 08:08 AM
Thought some may be interested to see this 1960's International Troop Transport we came across sitting neglected in the middle of a rubbish dump in a West Victorian town last weekend. Last registered in SA. Eveything on it was massive, must've weighed a lot. No doubt would 'go anywhere' but I can't imagine it would've been very comfortable!

Found this reference online https://www.awm.gov.au/index.php/collection/C110396

Touses
18th April 2018, 08:53 AM
Thought some may be interested to see this 1960's International Troop Transport we came across sitting neglected in the middle of a rubbish dump in a West Victorian town last weekend. Last registered in SA. Eveything on it was massive, must've weighed a lot. No doubt would 'go anywhere' but I can't imagine it would've been very comfortable!

Found this reference online https://www.awm.gov.au/index.php/collection/C110396

Aus army was still using them in the late 80's. You are absolutely right, horribly uncomfortable.

Tip12345
18th April 2018, 09:19 AM
was so much better than a Blitz !

Touses
18th April 2018, 09:52 AM
Then the Mog came along. The diggers were convinced the brass had suffered a top level meltdown. Still no limo but so much more enjoyable from a foot soldier pov.

mudski
18th April 2018, 10:50 AM
God I cut my teeth on selling parts for these (aka butterbox) also old Bedfords, TJ TK etc, Dodges AT4's, D5N's. The good old days.

Ben-e-boy
18th April 2018, 05:22 PM
Mmmmm. You could throw some link suspension and big coilovers under it, make it a comfy place to be and power it with something like 6.7L or 8.9L cummins and Allison trans. The military spec 8.9 with 2010Nm of torque.

nissannewby have this and the power wagon ;D

I like how the link states

Physical description - Steel. You're dam it's made of steel lol

Yeti's Beast
18th April 2018, 05:24 PM
I’ve seen one converted into a camper with a family of hippies from Nimbin driving it [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro