PDA

View Full Version : Long time patroller first time poster!

Jakey_8571225
14th April 2018, 10:38 AM
Hey Guys,

Thought I’d finally join instead of just half assed reading everyone’s posts and not contributing myself!

Had a big accident about 14 months ago, hit the ass of a van at about 80km/h (definitely my fault)
No insurance=big problem
Sorted everything out with old mate he was fine and began the horrible process of what to do next.

Even though it still drove the AC had clonked out and the radiator had a slow leak the stainless bar I got with the Ute took most the brunt of it all (was wanting a new one anyway!)

After about 3 months in a friends garage and a little help from my panel beater mate I ended up only needing a

-new bonnet
-passenger guard
-radiator
-a/c fan
-a/c compressor (when I get round to it!)

And maybe a few little things on the side, my panel beater mate with 25+ years experience introduced me to a slide hammer and got to work he bent smashed and welded everything back into shape and I was left with everything to do myself in between, that included sanding back/priming and the painting the front of the radiator support learning the a/c system refitting the new radiator and every other nigelling parts! It was a massive learning curve not only to always make sure you have paid you insurance but learning so much more about the Patrol then I once knew,

Fast forward 3 months and after a lot of long long confusing/frustrating nights in the garage we finally got her up and running just in time for the big test Moreton Island, to cut it short Ute ran like a dream never got bogged and loved the whole 7 days of it (except that sand...)

That’s an introduction of me and the old girl thanks for letting me join this great community!

Cheers

GQtdauto
14th April 2018, 07:04 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Dhuck
16th April 2018, 07:02 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

drgtr
16th April 2018, 07:36 AM
Welcome mate
That's great news and a good outcome.

Don't beat yourself up if you did.

We all continue to learn in life.

When I was young and did 3rd party property damage only
a girl hit me and clearly it was her fault

As a youngin I tbought my insurance company would chase her up but nope

3 months of harassing her to lodge a claim or I would of had to go to court.

Lucky she did.

Now comprehensive insurance all the way

Mc4by
16th April 2018, 10:57 AM
Welcome and nice intro.

4bye4
16th April 2018, 12:11 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

AB
16th April 2018, 05:36 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Jakey_8571225
18th April 2018, 04:30 AM
Thanks everyone! Yes learning every single day! Hope to post more regularly!

Cheers!

Touses
18th April 2018, 09:58 AM
G'day bloke. Welcome. Stick around for sure, good and learned people here.

Avo
18th April 2018, 12:51 PM
welcome to the forum