PDA

View Full Version : No more Patrol!!

boggy2006
12th May 2011, 04:43 PM
hi,

after my recent accident in the Patrol I'm pleased to say Just Car insurance paid my agreed value within 5 days of making the claim. Very pleased with that service. Only thing I would say be aware of, which I think applies to all insurance companies, is that they cancel your policy with a write off and keep your year's premium. In my case, I was paying monthly so they took the excess and the remaining year's premium.
I had to find a car quickly as I need one for work and unfortunately didn't have time to find a decent Patrol so I am now Patrol-less. I'm afraid I picked up a boring Falcon BA.....well I say boring, but it does have a 5.4 V8 engine!! Now I just need a Patrol to put that engine in LOL!!

Only joking, the Falcon is nice and comfortable for my commute, but I will miss off-roading. Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice from the forum during my brief 6 months Patrol ownership and I might be back!

Bob
12th May 2011, 04:46 PM
What a shame. Hope you remain a member and visit us from time to time and maybe one day you will get another Troll

Bigrig
12th May 2011, 04:49 PM
hi,

after my recent accident in the Patrol I'm pleased to say Just Car insurance paid my agreed value within 5 days of making the claim. Very pleased with that service. Only thing I would say be aware of, which I think applies to all insurance companies, is that they cancel your policy with a write off and keep your year's premium. In my case, I was paying monthly so they took the excess and the remaining year's premium.
I had to find a car quickly as I need one for work and unfortunately didn't have time to find a decent Patrol so I am now Patrol-less. I'm afraid I picked up a boring Falcon BA.....well I say boring, but it does have a 5.4 V8 engine!! Now I just need a Patrol to put that engine in LOL!!

Only joking, the Falcon is nice and comfortable for my commute, but I will miss off-roading. Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice from the forum during my brief 6 months Patrol ownership and I might be back!

Glad it turned out for the best for you mate (apart from not having a patrol!! lol) - hang around for the banter anyways - it might give you just the incentive you need to start hunting for a new off road toy!!!

All the best!!

Silver
12th May 2011, 05:05 PM
did you offer to buy back the remains of your patrol, ready for the engine swap??

boggy2006
12th May 2011, 05:19 PM
did you offer to buy back the remains of your patrol, ready for the engine swap??

LOL, it was offered, but I never asked the price. Haven't got the time and space at the moment. It went to pickles auction (complete with mud), so hopefully someone's got a bargain!

AB
12th May 2011, 05:23 PM
Glad they paid out though mate.

The good news is you are now on the prowl for a PATROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

growler2058
12th May 2011, 05:41 PM
Will keep eyes n ears for another troll for ya mate :-)

DX grunt
12th May 2011, 07:52 PM
Stay in touch, bloke. I'm sure AB will reserve your forum name.....forever.

Take care out there.

Rossco
DX grunt

big_fletch
12th May 2011, 07:59 PM
Sorry to hear about the troll mate, hopefully your back on the forum very soon with your new one..
Let the search begin

Fletcha

Finly Owner
12th May 2011, 11:42 PM
Hope you drop in from time to time Boggy

Tim

Clunk
12th May 2011, 11:47 PM
Sorry to hear about the trol mate, but would be good if ya kept dropping by from time to time.

Warnie
13th May 2011, 01:52 PM
Sorry to hear about the troll.

I would buy my my troll back for sure if it got destroyed. I have secretly been hoping for a hail storm to write mine off, so I can buy it back with more dints and make some money on it. But I have so far been unlucky with that :( .

Sir Roofy
13th May 2011, 02:53 PM
sorry about that mate no trol painfull and no more wheeling for a while bummer
but dont leave us some one will get one for you

YalwalYowie
15th May 2011, 04:24 PM
Sorry to hear that Boggy but rest assured there are plenty of good patrols out there for not too much coin. Now that you have tie-you-over-for-a-little-while-wheels you can take your time and get that mint example from a deceased estate that every bloke with blood in his veins dreams about!
Glad insurance paid up promptly and hope you can save some coin to get back out in the bush!