PDA

View Full Version : complete noob

holmsy
30th March 2018, 12:26 PM
Hey everyone.
never had a 4wd before. got bored this week and decided why not.
picked up an 02 patrol with a 4.8 last night
now just have to work out what the hell im doing.

anyone know if a winch will go on this bar.

GQtdauto
30th March 2018, 01:48 PM
Welcome mate never seen that exact design before although it looks like a cutout for the winch fairlead at the bottom I'm thinking it's too low .
If no one else chimes in just check with your nearest ARB store , most bullbars can be converted or adapted to run a winch .

Dhuck
30th March 2018, 02:55 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

threedogs
30th March 2018, 05:44 PM
Hi mate and welcome first go join a club so you know whats what
espessscially whenit comes to recovery, NEVER USE THE TOWBALL TO RECOVERY ANTONE
Runva maka an affordable winch See Hodges build thread or Iron man
both do a good winch.
Ask away and tag along on one of the VIC trips dont pick up bad habits going out 4x4ing with cowboys
it will kill.
What to check maybe get the radiator rodded or even fit a larger one if funds allow.
most of all enjoy and ask what ever you want.
Where abouts in Vic are you???

Mc4by
30th March 2018, 07:35 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum

drgtr
30th March 2018, 07:48 PM
Welcome mate

Looks like my ARB bullbar

I think non winch and winch ones have the same design except winch ones have extra reinforced area and the bottom has the mounting section.

My one looks like yours but when you look underneath there is no winch mount area

4bye4
30th March 2018, 10:43 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

happygu
30th March 2018, 11:27 PM
Welcome mate,

If you love camping and as a Victorian, you also love the High Country, then you will love the new beast.

Join a club, ask around, tag along and learn ..... there is no excuse for going out on your own and getting yourself into trouble, or even worse hurting someone.

holmsy
1st April 2018, 09:26 PM
Hi mate and welcome first go join a club so you know whats what
espessscially whenit comes to recovery, NEVER USE THE TOWBALL TO RECOVERY ANTONE
Runva maka an affordable winch See Hodges build thread or Iron man
both do a good winch.
Ask away and tag along on one of the VIC trips dont pick up bad habits going out 4x4ing with cowboys
it will kill.
What to check maybe get the radiator rodded or even fit a larger one if funds allow.
most of all enjoy and ask what ever you want.
Where abouts in Vic are you???

Yeh thats one thing i do know.
im in no rush to do stupid things and either wreck my car or kill someone.

im in geelong so most likely spend most of my trips to start with in and around the otways.
went for a nice easy drive out the back of anglesea the other day just to check the car even goes into 4wd etc.

have ridden bikes a little bit out that way so knew i wouldnt have any real issues.

Clunk
1st April 2018, 11:56 PM
Welcome aboard mate..... If your in Geelong, then I believe MudRunnerTD would be the man that you should get to know.

AB
2nd April 2018, 03:47 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.