PDA

View Full Version : Power steering keeps droping out and making me crazy

First Pooy
22nd March 2018, 08:41 AM
This is driving me crazy and time is against me, I picked up my new pooy last week and when i parked on my driveway witch is on a incline over night and the next morning I have no power steering, it is a new pump how new i don't know but she looks brand spanking new and I found out that the guy put it in 2 weeks ago so I thought that it must have air in it still so I gave a heavy bleed and all lines are good with no leaks the first night it was good so I thoughy that is was fixed but today it has failed again it does come back after a while like it is bleeding it's self again but why is it bleeding back over night, I have never heard of this before oh it is a 92 Gq Td42 and it is a Gu power steering pump,are the Gq and Qu pumps different some how?

the evil twin
22nd March 2018, 11:30 AM
Must be either bypassing or have an air lock in it somewhere.
It is a pretty basic hydraulic system after all, which in itself makes it frustrating when it plays up

First Pooy
26th March 2018, 08:09 PM
I have started parking my Patrol up the drive way back wards and so far that is working so my be the the by pass valve is sticking

Mike02Ti
29th March 2018, 03:20 PM
They do have a one way valve plunger type of jobbie in them and if that isnt working properly it wont control the flow for high speed/ low speed and could possibly be your issue.
I forget what line it is exactly but from memory its the one that comes out straight up near the top of the pump. When i rebuilt my pump i noticed mine was sticking a bit now and then. cleaned it down so it moved freely and all was good.
Other than that not much else to go wrong with them apart from a bearing and seals

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk