PDA

View Full Version : Latharna

latharna
19th March 2018, 03:56 PM
Hi All,
Just joined your forum today as a result of looking on the net for some info.
My wife and I do a bit of outback touring in our 2012 Gu Patrol. We have kitted out the back of the wagon
to suit our cooking and storage requirements. I want to improve the arrangement and also the time it takes
to install everything prior to taking off on a trip.
So my thought is if I can find dimensions or even better a 'to scale' 3d model of a GU Patrol particularly the interior
storage area (with the two rear auxiliary seats removed) it would make the improvements a whole lot easier.
I could then prepare a 3d model with dimensions of the installation and share it on your forum.
The current configuration is of a steel frame with ply shelves and dividers and my aim is to keep it that simple.
Works quite well and is sturdy and quiet.
Naturally I have included an Engel Fridge/freezer on my home built slide but other than that it is simple layout.
It is meant to be a DIY project on a small budget.
So if anyone has access to a model of a GU or interior dimensions and wants to share, let me know.

GQtdauto
19th March 2018, 04:58 PM
Welcome to the forum mate , I just googled rear storage compartments for four wheel drives then made my own .

AB
19th March 2018, 06:00 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, never seen a 3d model of a GU but if you find one please let us know.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Dhuck
19th March 2018, 07:34 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

4bye4
23rd March 2018, 03:42 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

Aquarian51
24th March 2018, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the fit out.

Mc4by
24th March 2018, 05:14 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Evo
25th March 2018, 02:28 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

threedogs
26th March 2018, 05:06 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum, a few mobs have a rear system and a system for when the rear seats are removed
the even have side drawers, Take into account your GVM it'll creep up on you quickly.
All Ive done is remove the rear seat behind the driver for the Engel on a platform. but I travel light
there are many build threads of all kinds of configurations. Ring around and get some prices .

threedogs
26th March 2018, 05:24 PM
Lucky you'' Ive done a quick ring around and a mob called Quipit in Brisbane.

Sorry no number but think they were called outback. If you have any trouble Ill get some more info for you