PDA

View Full Version : Were should my tempature gauge be sitting?

First Pooy
18th March 2018, 09:45 PM
I have tried looking this up but found no specific info,I was drivng up a reasonabley steep hill in fifth gear foot flat to the floor with 10 psi on the dieal and the temp geage was reading a bit passed 12 o'clock at about 80-90 kph is this normal op temps for this?

Clunk
18th March 2018, 10:09 PM
I have tried looking this up but found no specific info,I was drivng up a reasonabley steep hill in fifth gear foot flat to the floor with 10 psi on the dieal and the temp geage was reading a bit passed 12 o'clock at about 80-90 kph is this normal op temps for this?Depends on what the temp reading says on the guage at the 12 o'clock position..... Presuming it's an aftet market gauge you're looking at.

If it were the factory gauge then you'd be well into the red and boiling the kettle nicely

MB TD42
18th March 2018, 10:12 PM
Mine sits around half to 2/3rds when driving loaded in the hills...around town it sits at 1/3rd on the GQ stock dash temp gauge

GQtdauto
18th March 2018, 10:17 PM
If it's a stock gauge ouch that's head warping territory or close to it ,mine got there once due to a faulty thermostat that stuck shut and from memory that cost three grand but had some other issues mixed in .

Winnie
19th March 2018, 06:20 AM
There is more than 1 GQ dash. If yours looks like this then 12 o'clock is absolutely normal operating range.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/03/199.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
19th March 2018, 06:52 AM
Sounds normal. I would recommend changing down to 4th though and get your revs into the low to mid 2000rpm range for a hill.climb. TD42 hate 2000rpm especially under load.

Clunk
19th March 2018, 12:31 PM
There is more than 1 GQ dash. If yours looks like this then 12 o'clock is absolutely normal operating range.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/03/199.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using TapatalkForgot about those ones, would that ne a series 1 cluster though?

Tip12345
19th March 2018, 02:56 PM
on the right hand side of the speedo .......

Clunk
19th March 2018, 05:22 PM
on the right hand side of the speedo .......As per the pic Winnie put up?

GeeYou8
26th March 2018, 08:16 AM
What is the significance of the yellow band on the tacho between 1600 & 2600?
Graham

the evil twin
26th March 2018, 09:11 AM
Graham

Recommended operating RPM power band for torque of a TD42 engine

First Pooy
26th March 2018, 08:18 PM
Graham

I think it is the recommended rang of rpm for the gear changes

First Pooy
26th March 2018, 08:28 PM
Thanks for your response guys sorry I didn't get back to you sooner I have been flat out and the picture up the top is my cluster and mine is a series 2 cluster dash and I have learnt to shift down going up the hills and not labour it so that has brought the temp down a bit and I have learnt that it is about the normal temp rang to run half way to two thirds up the dash depending on load, but to my understanding three quaters would be to high

drgtr
29th March 2018, 10:20 AM
Thanks for your response guys sorry I didn't get back to you sooner I have been flat out and the picture up the top is my cluster and mine is a series 2 cluster dash and I have learnt to shift down going up the hills and not labour it so that has brought the temp down a bit and I have learnt that it is about the normal temp rang to run half way to two thirds up the dash depending on load, but to my understanding three quaters would be to high

Honestly if you just bought the car and not sure of condition.
Buy a new radiator and fan clutch . Redo the thermostat too. If you have enough then do water pump
Just a piece of mind.

Dumping coolant and refilling seldom does help with the radiator.
If you want to use that radiator then take it out and take to a radiator shop. The will undo the end tanks
rod each tube clean then reseal end tanks. That's when you say Radiator is like new.