PDA

View Full Version : The end of the mighty GQ and some GU's ?????

Bob
18th March 2018, 12:53 PM
I hope this does not eventuate

https://www.msn.com/en-au/motoring/news/death-traps-push-to-phase-out-cars-made-before-2002/ar-BBKkI51?ocid=spartandhp

MudRunnerTD
18th March 2018, 12:56 PM
I will register the GQ as a Classic if that happened or run the gauntlet. Buy a trailer maybe.

the evil twin
18th March 2018, 01:14 PM
Won't be able to afford to drive 'em on the road by 2030 anyway, unless you swap the engine for a washing machine motor.

The cost in eleccy vehicle subsidies that fossil fuel vehicle owners will have to pay will be prohibitive.

GQtdauto
18th March 2018, 01:33 PM
The study is a bit of a wank when you read it they contradict themselves , I don't think they will have a chance of passing that here in oz but I would worry about the push to ban new sales of fossil fuelled cars after 2030 .

NissanGQ4.2
18th March 2018, 01:36 PM
They can buy my GQ off me for 10k and buy me a new car if they want it off the road

....... oh wait :(

So what are all the people that can't afford new cars going 2 do..... be forced 2 catch our reliable public transport, yeh right

Bob
18th March 2018, 01:37 PM
Won't be able to afford to drive 'em on the road by 2030 anyway, unless you swap the engine for a washing machine motor.

The cost in eleccy vehicle subsidies that fossil fuel vehicle owners will have to pay will be prohibitive.

That wont concern me as I will be 88 if I am not pushing up Daisies and if I am still alive probably wont be allowed to Drive LMAO

Only you young whipper snippers will have to worry about that

GQtdauto
18th March 2018, 01:46 PM
Probably will be in the same in 12 years Bob but until they can work out how to plug an electric Fourby into a sand hill or gumtree we dont need to worry about it .

garett
18th March 2018, 08:50 PM
remove all the safety features and let natural selection take its coarse.

mudski
18th March 2018, 08:57 PM
That wont concern me as I will be 88 if I am not pushing up Daisies and if I am still alive probably wont be allowed to Drive LMAO

Only you young whipper snippers will have to worry about that

No way. You don't look 88 Bob. I would have guessed you were late 60's, early 70's. Doing well mate!

AB
18th March 2018, 09:11 PM
No way. You don't look 88 Bob. I would have guessed you were late 60's, early 70's. Doing well mate!

Christ you better edit that post reeeeal quick before bob sees it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warthog1
18th March 2018, 09:41 PM
I read that cr@p article in the paper today.
Not worried about it at all.
Just a thought bubble around some lies, damn lies and statistics.
It is explained by the fact that older vehicles are driven by the very young and very old.
The very young are inexperienced and crash at a far higher rate than the median.
This is also the case per distance travelled, for elderly drivers who are in a state of physical and cognitive decline.
Furthermore the "study" contradicts itself whereby even older classic vehicles are under represented in fatality statistics.
Must've been a slow news day.

mudski
18th March 2018, 09:47 PM
Christ you better edit that post reeeeal quick before bob sees it lol

Haha! too many brews and im seeing double. Lol woops. Having a few brew, watching David Rabitborough and forum surfing isn't a good combo.
Atleast I was guessing correct then.

MB TD42
18th March 2018, 10:46 PM
A: How old were the drivers responsible for the deaths?
B: no one will have a home as there will be no tradesmen to fit the bill...lol
C: good luck chasing me into the bush with your electric police car.
D: My oiler runs on civilizations byproducts (sump oil, cooking oil, diesel well pretty much anything that has oil in it)

AB
20th March 2018, 10:18 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/03/211.jpg

Plasnart
20th March 2018, 10:22 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/03/211.jpg

Fukn LOL!!

GQtdauto
20th March 2018, 10:30 PM
That's gold AB , just heard the RSL is banning old military vehicles that participate in the Anzac Day march due to emissions concerns .

the evil twin
20th March 2018, 11:55 PM
That's gold AB , just heard the RSL is banning old military vehicles that participate in the Anzac Day march due to emissions concerns .

Makes sense...

Guns don't kill people... the emissions from the trucks carry the Soldiers that held the guns kills people

dads tractor
22nd March 2018, 10:00 AM
So who's behind thought bubbles like this try pollies and note the party and work history

Darren Chester MP (My Pension)
Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
Newspaper and television journalist 1986-98.
Self-employed marketing consultant 1998-2002.
Executive Officer, Champions of the Bush 2002-04.
Chief of Staff, PJ Ryan, MLA (Vic.) 2004-08.

Replaced by our now deputy prime minister

and ANCAP with self-reverse parking, anti-lane wandering, airbags that don't work, collision avoidance (then why do we need airbags) etc etc enough or look up the management of the ANCAP board all x pollies .Bring back guns we need to cull.