PDA

View Full Version : Licola trip 2018

Pages : 1 [2] 3

garett
13th July 2018, 08:04 PM
i'm a qlder and i survived last years....

PeeBee
13th July 2018, 08:09 PM
Avo, Licola is at 300m approx, it won't snow down there, but would get down around 5 deg at night I guess, maybe a bit cooler. Up on the mountain where the crew heads is about 1300m. It can be very mild if the sun is out, tee shirt stuff, but if its windy and snowing, minus 5 - minus 10 with wind chill would not be unexpected. If its really crap, lower than that.

You will need a beanie for sure, plus 'layers' of cloths are best. We wont be standing around in the rain, so a wind proof jacket with some degree of waterproofing would be best to counter melting snow. Boots preferred over sandshoes/runners and gloves of some description for warmth - if you get into a snow fight and the gloves get wet, they will be cactus. I am guessing the group might be able to rabbit around for some of this stuff you might never wear again. The wind will be your enemy up there but it could be bright and sunny and you get sunburnt - just can't tell.

Hope this helps.

Avo
14th July 2018, 09:11 PM
Thanks hepas peebee...yeah ok have good wind jackets.....might just have to put the snow bunny outfits aside then....do a little shoppibg when i get over there maybe....oh are we having a onezee parry?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rusty_nail
14th July 2018, 11:08 PM
Thanks hepas peebee...yeah ok have good wind jackets.....might just have to put the snow bunny outfits aside then....do a little shoppibg when i get over there maybe....oh are we having a onezee parry?

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkI'm sure Tegan will be up for the onesy party

mudski
14th July 2018, 11:27 PM

You can borrow AB’s mankini Avo.

Sent from my crapPhone using Tapatalk

Avo
16th July 2018, 07:24 PM
Licola bound......very excited i must sayhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/07/125.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/07/126.jpg

AB
16th July 2018, 07:26 PM
My god Avo you bring delicious treasures from the west!

We welcome you anytime to our land, can't wait mate!!! YUM!!!!!!!!!!!

pearcey
16th July 2018, 07:45 PM
You and me good buddy hey Avo. Sxxt this could cost me abit. LMAO.

Avo
16th July 2018, 08:13 PM
You and me good buddy hey Avo. Sxxt this could cost me abit. LMAO.As long as we dont empty ya liquor cabinet this time hey

Winnie
16th July 2018, 08:22 PM
Licola bound......very excited i must sayhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/07/125.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/07/126.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkYou're making me hungry ya pwick!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
16th July 2018, 08:22 PM
Cant wait gents

rusty_nail
16th July 2018, 08:51 PM
i love the change of signature( for how long i dont know lol) but its great mate ahha

pearcey
16th July 2018, 10:09 PM
As long as we dont empty ya liquor cabinet this time hey

It's had a bit of a replenish since I saw you last. Hope the new stuff is up to your standard LMAO

matfew
18th July 2018, 09:19 AM
So don't think I actually said we are coming here lol. We are in but won't be up to either frosty night or Saturday morning. The 3 of us again. Looking forward to this. Only downside may not be in a patrol... Will see what happens

Sir Roofy
18th July 2018, 06:25 PM
So don't think I actually said we are coming here lol. We are in but won't be up to either frosty night or Saturday morning. The 3 of us again. Looking forward to this. Only downside may not be in a patrol... Will see what happens

Thats ok Matthew neither are we lol Go the pulsar lol

Winnie
18th July 2018, 06:48 PM
We were in the Toyota last year so you are excused.

AB
19th July 2018, 07:05 PM

This just turned up at work today from the west!

Holy crap Avo you have gone above and beyond with your gifts.

Anyone not coming to the meet up is missing out on a colon good time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AB
19th July 2018, 07:07 PM
Actually I have an idea!!!

Any members who are coming and missed out on supplying treats for the big cook up would they be keen on bringing some cheeses and biscuits to accompany these treats perhaps???

Winnie
19th July 2018, 07:09 PM
Actually I have an idea!!!

Any members who are coming and missed out on supplying treats for the big cook up would they be keen on bringing some cheeses and biscuits to accompany these treats perhaps???

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkGood idea mate!

garett
19th July 2018, 07:11 PM
i will have cake... and probably alcohol, they could well be mixed. ( fruit cake)

pearcey
19th July 2018, 09:22 PM
Hi Folks .Yep I should be able to find a bit of cheese and a couple of bickies.

Avo
19th July 2018, 09:32 PM
Hi Folks .Yep I should be able to find a bit of cheese and a couple of bickies......and what cheese sir....not moon cheese Grommet......no fear...

pearcey
19th July 2018, 10:19 PM
.....and what cheese sir....not moon cheese Grommet......no fear...

Hope I can find some thing to complement that stuff you`ve posted over (thats if there`s any left when I get there LMAO)

Rossco
19th July 2018, 10:29 PM
Good snow b falling now. . .

mudski
19th July 2018, 10:32 PM
Hi Folks .Yep I should be able to find a bit of cheese and a couple of bickies.

Bring some Fromunder cheese. I was told that people from the west like Fromunder cheese.

Avo
19th July 2018, 10:53 PM
Hope I can find some thing to complement that stuff you`ve posted over (thats if there`s any left when I get there LMAO)Mersey Valley mate...no pressure but thats the ducks nuts... ploughmand or picled onion....

Winnie
20th July 2018, 08:27 AM
Mersey Valley mate...no pressure but thats the ducks nuts... ploughmand or picled onion....

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkHow good is that stuff? My Mrs doesn't like it either so that means more for me.

Stropp
20th July 2018, 05:42 PM
7585975859Avo aka possum has permission to go now that Jess has these 🤣

Bidja
20th July 2018, 10:04 PM
Please put your names down too folks, a lot of chats have happened and there's some people missing off the list.

I still think 6 cabins are adequate but I want to make sure we have enough room or if not, get cabins 7 ++++

Good chance that I may make it to Licola mate.
Had my dressing removed Wednesday (surgery was 10 Jul) and all looking good and must say my recovery has been uneventful. Have been driving and doing light stuff around, mainly veh related. No more real pain that is bothering me (care taken). Good couple of weeks to go, so think I will be good for it. If no beds that is OK the truck works for me.
John

MB
20th July 2018, 10:12 PM
Big pot is boiling again too folks!
Bidja mate’s hauling down the best base ingredients:-)
https://youtu.be/qztuEucrNBc

Avo
20th July 2018, 11:04 PM
Just happened across some of these...I've heard they go well on pizza.... anyone keen?http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/07/141.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/07/142.jpg

MB
20th July 2018, 11:10 PM
Too too much you over generous Truffleupugas good man, stop stop [emoji113]:-)

Bidja
20th July 2018, 11:11 PM
Big pot is boiling again too folks!
Bidja mate’s hauling down the best base ingredients:-)

Can't pull out now mate, just have to hang in there and do it. The tom paste is blocked / frozen ready for pot and just need to sort the garlic.

When are you guys heading up, Friday or what?

MB
20th July 2018, 11:21 PM
Believe so mate, arrival before midday would be nice for a few hours weekend wood harvest prior to dark arrivals. Sore from surgery you may be, no stress, we’ve got a Donk or Two :-)
https://youtu.be/ufDTDUPZrag

Avo
20th July 2018, 11:33 PM
Too too much you over generous Truffleupugas good man, stop stop [emoji113]:-)

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMate if I'm coming over might aswell knock ya socks off....and no not a collingwood supporter

Avo
20th July 2018, 11:38 PM
It was a gift from the gods or a mate..who cares. . ..handed to me on a platter.....well not quite but still

MB
20th July 2018, 11:39 PM
Mate, Fair Dinkum, came back from a work trip and office smells and looks like a top of the pops wog shop! Salami and Vino Ex-WA Legend:-) !!!!!!!

Avo
20th July 2018, 11:41 PM
Mate, Fair Dinkum, came back from a work trip and office smells and looks like a top of the pops wog shop! Salami and Vino Ex-WA Legend:-) !!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkTry living here..... big kevvy.....im excited

Bidja
20th July 2018, 11:43 PM
Believe so mate, arrival before midday would be nice for a few hours weekend wood harvest prior to dark arrivals. Sore from surgery you may be, no stress, we’ve got a Donk or Two :-)
https://youtu.be/ufDTDUPZrag

Might have to include in the plan (lighter duties, donk sort the rest). If good, with strength in the belly, might stop over on way down look for a couple of salmon.

MB
20th July 2018, 11:47 PM
That’s the Spirit mate! Gold ‘Celta’ Green or Black Stripes :-)

Bidja
21st July 2018, 12:55 AM
That’s the Spirit mate! Gold ‘Celta’ Green or Black Stripes :-)

Initially. lurking around the gutters along coast line (ganged pillies the go).

MB
21st July 2018, 01:02 AM
Tight Lines, Best of Luck Mate!
Them Tailor Love a Double Gang at best, me reckons they sense the third out there on small Pillies ;-)

Bidja
21st July 2018, 01:26 AM
Tight Lines, Best of Luck Mate!
Them Tailor Love a Double Gang at best, me reckons they sense the third out there on small Pillies ;-)

Use to chase Tailer further down sth (Vic), these days mainly do around Marlo area 3 x 6/0 ganged for sambos. PM me of suggestion of lower down if known good spot as would have a look. Too many yrs since down sth (forgotten as it is 35 yrs back when wetting a line down that way).

MB
21st July 2018, 03:58 PM
Haven’t been in the salt meself for years, used to do alright in the tinnie around Venus Bay-Anderson Inlet although forever fighting off little lizards stealing the pillies down here. Some good Salmon off the backbeaches around Walkerville if your heading that far south mate.

Bidja
21st July 2018, 08:04 PM
Spent a lot of time early yrs around sth Walkerville, Sandy Point, Waratah(gap) etc. Grew up in Drouin/Tarago so went over often and later yrs Prom, Phillip Island all round. Yeah a bit far sth, know a couple of places may have a look. Never know, might hook up some tucker for the pan. thanks mate.

I have a dumb phone all basic comms this end will exchange mobile # via PM if sounds good.

rusty_nail
21st July 2018, 08:23 PM
Any ideas what were doing for the big cookup? Happy to bring my Phil pizza oven if it's pizzas but as Tegan is pregnant were limited to what she can have.

Bidja
21st July 2018, 09:04 PM
Any ideas way we don't for the big cookup? Happy to bring my Phil pizza oven if it's pizzas but as Tegan is pregnant were limited to what she can have.

MB will respond I am sure. For your pizza idea, as you can then select toppings to suit your good lady, I am bringing down some reduce tomato which some could be set aside and used for pizza base and go from there.

Will throw a spanner in the works here (there may be others), I do not eat red meat here nor down at Licola..haha

Clunk
21st July 2018, 09:44 PM
I'm so gutted and jealous right now [emoji24]

MB
22nd July 2018, 08:24 AM
We can all pack the Pizza ovens for sure mate, Phil may still be coming along with his too. The big pot was planned for Saturday night with Seafood Bouillabaisse and we can also set aside some stew base before adding shell/fish etc..

rusty_nail
22nd July 2018, 09:05 AM
We can all pack the Pizza ovens for sure mate, Phil may still be coming along with his too. The big pot was planned for Saturday night with Seafood Bouillabaisse and we can also set aside some stew base before adding shell/fish etc..

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkPerfect mate thanks for that, Tegan just can't do the seafood =(

Winnie
22nd July 2018, 09:20 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHey mate what was that dried lemon rind you wanted? Just chunks of rind or crushed into powder?
Perfect mate thanks for that, Tegan just can't do the seafood =(

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkMore for us!

MB
22nd July 2018, 10:01 AM
Thanks mate, yeah it’s basically ground dehydrated lemon peel. Think it’s boiled first, no pulp, then run through your ripper machine. Mortar & Pestle and we’ll mix it in with some shaker salts for the skewers, awesome [emoji41]

Sir Roofy
22nd July 2018, 02:39 PM
Sorry guys we have to pull out after all something family wise has popped up

Rossco
22nd July 2018, 03:32 PM
Bugger mate, hopefully see you round the traps soon. . .

Winnie
22nd July 2018, 04:11 PM
Sorry guys we have to pull out after all something family wise has popped upSorry to hear Roofy mate. Always next time

Maxhead
22nd July 2018, 05:27 PM
Sorry guys we have to pull out after all something family wise has popped up

Bummer mate, was keen to catch up with yourself and Janeo. Next one!
Hope all is well.

Winnies-missus
22nd July 2018, 05:39 PM
Perfect mate thanks for that, Tegan just can't do the seafood =(

I think last time I just ate the juice n bread was so yummy.

JonnoD
22nd July 2018, 06:56 PM
Sorry guys I am out :-( its our wedding anniversary.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Winnie
22nd July 2018, 07:07 PM
Sorry guys I am out :-( its our wedding anniversary.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TapatalkBe honest, your RACV membership has expired, hasn't it?

JonnoD
22nd July 2018, 07:31 PM
Be honest, your RACV membership has expired, hasn't it?

Sent from my SM-G960F using TapatalkHahaha

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MB
22nd July 2018, 08:05 PM
I think last time I just ate the juice n bread was so yummy.

Cheers Amy :-) Can Chrisso please get a shed pass to get busy on the Lemon powder ;-) Mini skewer thigh snacks are almost ready for a Cryogenic shed sleep over here tonight. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/07/185.jpg Thinking Saturday lunch snacks atop of the mountain might be fun for the kiddies and keep our hands warm coal flipping them :-)

Winnie
22nd July 2018, 08:12 PM
You're a good man MB, I reckon it'll take me 3 weeks of nights in the shed after work to get it all ready in time but I'll do it for the people.

MB
22nd July 2018, 08:55 PM
Extremely tedious process for sure mate! Just make sure you don’t return more dehydrated than them Lemons or the jig is up :-)

Rossco
22nd July 2018, 09:01 PM
YUUUM Champion Markie they were delish last time can't wait . . .

MB
22nd July 2018, 09:20 PM
Reckon they’ll Blitz the Dargo efforts mate! Missing ingredient for sure is Chrisso’s skilled machine contribution. First had em in China years ago and never been able to get that Lemon/Salt flavour right. Street vendor wouldn’t give up his secret but we’re there now I hope :-)

Sprock
22nd July 2018, 10:20 PM
Mersey Valley mate...no pressure but thats the ducks nuts... ploughmand or picled onion....

Oh god yes - that’s the shit 👍🏻

Sir Roofy
22nd July 2018, 10:54 PM
Bummer mate, was keen to catch up with yourself and Janeo. Next one!
Hope all is well.

Alls good mate Jane-o s daughter and granddaughter are coming down for a vew days from Qld so i wont have any wheels

Rossco
24th July 2018, 09:01 PM
So have the Friday off and plan to head in the scenic way of sorts. Most likely come across South Face Road then through Aberfeldy and Burgoines Gap. Depending on interest and group may have a couple of options as Burgoines is fairly rough at the moment and might not be for everyone. Anyway thought i might put up a bit of an EOI at this stage and if anyone else is keen happy to lead a trip in on the Friday.

Winnie
24th July 2018, 09:05 PM
So have the Friday off and plan to head in the scenic way of sorts. Most likely come across South Face Road then through Aberfeldy and Burgoines Gap. Depending on interest and group may have a couple of options as Burgoines is fairly rough at the moment and might not be for everyone. Anyway thought i might put up a bit of an EOI at this stage and if anyone else is keen happy to lead a trip in on the Friday.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkCould be keen mate... I have the Friday off work as well. Could meet you at Aberfeldy. I will let you know.

MB
24th July 2018, 09:09 PM
I vote Avo mate for Scenic Navi Experience Rossco mate! Our family trucksters are safely hauling WA & Vic tucker in via the trailer highway :-)

Rossco
24th July 2018, 09:17 PM
What about wood I'll take the trusty saw and happy to do a run Friday arvo / evening if there's s spare trailer to fill. .

Avo
24th July 2018, 09:19 PM
What about wood I'll take the trusty saw and happy to do a run Friday arvo / evening if there's s spare trailer to fill. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkIm flying in wednesday so happy to help with the wood..dunno where I'll be but i sure to be somewhere

MB
24th July 2018, 09:22 PM
Sprock is in charge of local hot as hell trailer logging mate :-) ! Definitely pack your track clearing weapon though with the gusts Vics had of late :-)

Winnie
24th July 2018, 09:24 PM

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkI can bring my saw and trailer too if needed.

MB
24th July 2018, 09:26 PM
I can bring my saw and trailer too if needed.

Trailer for sure Chrisso, that’s a beast mate!

Maxhead
24th July 2018, 09:33 PM
We’ll be rolling in around lunch time on Friday so we can get the shanigans started early....:)

mudski
24th July 2018, 09:35 PM
Trailer for sure Chrisso, that’s a beast mate!

Yeah I remember loading up Sprocks trailer last year. It was a wee bit overloaded.

matfew
24th July 2018, 09:38 PM
I'm out [emoji24] working the Saturday night and stupid me didn't realise the dates are somewhat the same. Think sars is still gunna go though. Spewing I was really looking forward to this one. Can we make it a week later haha

Sir Roofy
24th July 2018, 10:00 PM
Who's going past my place if you have an empty chair, im in
cant really miss it just me and my swag

Rossco
24th July 2018, 10:16 PM
I'm out [emoji24] working the Saturday night and stupid me didn't realise the dates are somewhat the same. Think sars is still gunna go though. Spewing I was really looking forward to this one. Can we make it a week later haha

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkBugger Matty sux mate. Well still be up there Sunday night if your up 4 it. .
cant really miss it just me and my swagWas going to cut across south face road probably but if no one else is going past could do a detour. .

MB
24th July 2018, 10:39 PM
We’ll make it happen Sir Roofy, light the Bat lattern for directions in and ya swag will surely enclosed trailer fit too mate!

Avo
24th July 2018, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the phone call MB appreciated...very excited

PeeBee
24th July 2018, 11:32 PM

Rossco the river is going to be your challenge at this time of year, think carefully about that final leg. I lost my patrol 200m downstream after getting washed off the crossing route, at this time of year, it's a fearsome river in flood. The Burgoynes back track is a mess but ok going downhill I reckon. The licola side of the river offers little obstacle with good tyres. Green hills track is a fair bit tamer from memory.

MB
24th July 2018, 11:45 PM
Zip it Philstar!!
True HC good, bad & ugly experiences a must :-)
EDIT: Rossco wrote da Km book up there, FJ early days and SkinnyBushMan Skills ;-)

PeeBee
24th July 2018, 11:59 PM
Zip it Philstar!!
True HC good, bad & ugly experiences a must :-)
EDIT: Rossco wrote da Km book up there, FJ early days and SkinnyBushMan Skills ;-)

Apologies I didn't realise how green I was, or how my personal experience was of such low value. Comments duly noted, nothing further to add from here.

MB
25th July 2018, 12:00 AM
:-)

MB
25th July 2018, 12:10 AM
Dark side of the slippery moon this time of year, Avo I believe is a great rope swimmer :-)
Hearing you mate, all good :-)
They’ll make it, hell or high water at midnight:-)

Bidja
25th July 2018, 12:51 AM

Doing run by myself. Heading down via Orbost, was going to cross over to Heyfield from Stratford but pepared to do the extra hour down to Traf and offer you a lift in if suits(Friday morn). Swag up on top if need be, that way you can definitively have the passenger front chair (bolted in). Your call mate.

Maybe someone else could help you out on return journey back home. All good, let me know.

MudRunnerTD
25th July 2018, 01:19 AM
Applied for leave today and granted for Friday Monday.

New Fuel Pump and Intercooler fitter last weekend with thanks to mattfew and Rossco for their help. Clutch is fried so booked in for a new clutch and Dyno run next Monday. Front and rear diffs rebuilt. New Front air locker i need to hook up this weekend. Damn it i have bloody earned a drive i reckon. Bring it.

Rossco
25th July 2018, 07:21 AM
Rossco the river is going to be your challenge at this time of year, think carefully about that final leg. I lost my patrol 200m downstream after getting washed off the crossing route, at this time of year, it's a fearsome river in flood. The Burgoynes back track is a mess but ok going downhill I reckon. The licola side of the river offers little obstacle with good tyres. Green hills track is a fair bit tamer from memory.Yeah did think about the crossing and assuming it will be fairly low considering it has been relatively dry however will need to assess when we get there. If too dodgey its not a long back track to head out through Green Hills / Cob Spur or South Rd. Yep it defiantly is rough and needs to be clear that everyone is aware of that if interested. Probably worth making it a locker only option or strongly advised at least.

MudRunnerTD
25th July 2018, 08:20 AM
Yeah did think about the crossing and assuming it will be fairly low considering it has been relatively dry however will need to assess when we get there. If too dodgey its not a long back track to head out through Green Hills / Cob Spur or South Rd. Yep it defiantly is rough and needs to be clear that everyone is aware of that if interested. Probably worth making it a locker only option or strongly advised at least.

Nothings dry mate. There has vern so much snow that the rivers will be up.

Rossco
25th July 2018, 08:30 AM
Yeah maybe, was expecting that with the Avon last year when we came down from the Howit High Plains in the snow but was at summer levels. Expect it to be up a bit but if its to high its literally under a K backtrack to Green Hills. . .

Sir Roofy
25th July 2018, 09:45 AM
Yeah maybe, was expecting that with the Avon last year when we came down from the Howit High Plains in the snow but was at summer levels. Expect it to be up a bit but if its to high its literally under a K backtrack to Green Hills. . .

The Macalister was rising a couple of weeks ago the Wellington was patchy

Sir Roofy
25th July 2018, 09:51 AM
Doing run by myself. Heading down via Orbost, was going to cross over to Heyfield from Stratford but pepared to do the extra hour down to Traf and offer you a lift in if suits(Friday morn). Swag up on top if need be, that way you can definitively have the passenger front chair (bolted in). Your call mate.

Maybe someone else could help you out on return journey back home. All good, let me know.

Mate that is a genorus offer but i cant expect you to drive an hour out of your way
Thank you very much for the offer

Sir Roofy
25th July 2018, 09:54 AM
We’ll make it happen Sir Roofy, light the Bat lattern for directions in and ya swag will surely enclosed trailer fit too mate!

Thanks Mark maybe you or Rossco might toss a coin head wins

Bidja
25th July 2018, 10:15 AM
Mate that is a genorus offer but i cant expect you to drive an hour out of your way
Thank you very much for the offer

Would do it if you get stuck mate.

Avo
25th July 2018, 01:31 PM
Dark side of the slippery moon this time of year, Avo I believe is a great rope swimmer :-)
Hearing you mate, all good :-)
They’ll make it, hell or high water at midnight:-)

shit MB i can barely float let alone swim...cheers

AB
26th July 2018, 06:01 PM
1 more week folks!!!

Just a bump for anyone who missed this, if you are not bringing any food for the cook up would you mind bringing some cheese and biscuits so we can enjoy them with Avos special treats he has sent over?

Maxhead
26th July 2018, 07:30 PM
Ohh crap, I better go and knock some chooks for the broth/stock...lol

pearcey
26th July 2018, 08:15 PM
No probs AB Pearcey`s on the cheese and bickies. Already been given hints of what to get.

mudski
26th July 2018, 10:17 PM
1 more week folks!!!

Just a bump for anyone who missed this, if you are not bringing any food for the cook up would you mind bringing some cheese and biscuits so we can enjoy them with Avos special treats he has sent over?

Dont remind me. My Patrol is still not done!

MB
26th July 2018, 10:38 PM
Quick copy&paste tucker summary below folks with some recently kindly added treats.
Feel free to update, add or correct us.
Phil’s ‘Davesstuff’ Pizza oven owners I believe are also kindly packing their ripper kits so we’ll no doubt need a new list also of toppings/bases required there too.

Platters:
Salamis & Truffles = Avo
Cheese & Biscuits = Pearcey

Mini Chicken Skewer (Lunch snacks):
Chicken, Herbs, Spices = AB + MB
Lemon Powder= Winnie

Mussel/Seafood Bouillabaisse:
Mussels, Prawns, Fish (Costco :-) ) = AB + MB
Dry White Wine (4L cheap cask) = Rossco
Chicken Stock (20L fresh is best) = Krisso
Tobasco Sauce (full small bottle for table) = Rossco
Crushed Tomatoes (5kg) = Bidja
Onions (brown 2kg) = Winnie
Garlic (5 bulbs) = Bidja
Celery (2 bunches) = mudski
Carrot's (2kg) = Winnie
Basil (2 big bunches/fresh is best) = mudski

Sides:
Mini French Bread Sticks 6" (1 for every man, woman, child, other) = Mudski.
(local bakery's can usually make them up with 48 hrs notice)
Butter (1.5kg) = Winnie
(For rolls and stewing down onions/garlic in big pot)

mudski
26th July 2018, 11:07 PM
Quick copy&paste tucker summary below folks with some recently kindly added treats.
Feel free to update, add or correct us.
Phil’s ‘Davesstuff’ Pizza oven owners I believe are also kindly packing their ripper kits so we’ll no doubt need a new list also of toppings/bases required there too.

Platters:
Salamis & Truffles = Avo
Cheese & Biscuits = Pearcey

Mini Chicken Skewer (Lunch snacks):
Chicken, Herbs, Spices = AB + MB
Lemon Powder= Winnie

Mussel/Seafood Bouillabaisse:
Mussels, Prawns, Fish (Costco :-) ) = AB + MB
Dry White Wine (4L cheap cask) = Rossco
Chicken Stock (20L fresh is best) = Krisso
Tobasco Sauce (full small bottle for table) = Rossco
Crushed Tomatoes (5kg) = Bidja
Onions (brown 2kg) = Winnie
Garlic (5 bulbs) = Bidja
Celery (2 bunches) = mudski
Carrot's (2kg) = Winnie
Basil (2 big bunches/fresh is best) = mudski

Sides:
Mini French Bread Sticks 6" (1 for every man, woman, child, other) = Mudski.
(local bakery's can usually make them up with 48 hrs notice)
Butter (1.5kg) = Winnie
(For rolls and stewing down onions/garlic in big pot)

Ive counted 43 people in the poll. Maybe I should round it up to 50 bread sticks ya think?

MB
26th July 2018, 11:29 PM
Perfecto Mundo [emoji106][emoji106]

Rossco
27th July 2018, 07:15 AM
Good job Markie, took me a bit 'o scrolling to find it the other day [emoji6]

MudRunnerTD
27th July 2018, 10:02 AM
I'll grab some Cheese and Bickys too and a couple of Dips maybe.

matfew
27th July 2018, 10:10 AM
I really wanna come but it's coming from all angles at me atm. Working Friday night and Saturday nights now with a very small chance of night all get moved totally so I'm up in the air. Basically if I show up you will see me if not I won't be there haha I'm not likely to know until the very last minute either...

Sir Roofy
27th July 2018, 11:00 AM
[QUOTE=MudRunnerTD;764478]I'll grab some Cheese and Bickys too and

Thats the best i can offer as well

Maxhead
27th July 2018, 08:05 PM
I really wanna come but it's coming from all angles at me atm. Working Friday night and Saturday nights now with a very small chance of night all get moved totally so I'm up in the air. Basically if I show up you will see me if not I won't be there haha I'm not likely to know until the very last minute either...

All good Matty, don’t stress mate. There will be another one around the corner buddy.

Maxhead
27th July 2018, 08:07 PM
[QUOTE=MudRunnerTD;764478]I'll grab some Cheese and Bickys too and

Thats the best i can offer as well

If the cheese is as well aged as yourself it will be great....bwahahah
See you soon mate!

Sprock
27th July 2018, 10:21 PM
There’s heaps of snow up there at the moment looking from our place , it’s way down low on the side of Mt Useful , same on the Sentinals & all along the ridge from Licola to Dargo - it looks like Kosiosko in 1 spot , haven’t seen it like that for a few years . Me & my boys camped up above Cheynes bridge a few weeks ago - was planning on going right up & around & down into Burgoynes but got away to late & the sun was setting as we turned off at Cheynes bridge & as Rossco has said it’s pretty knarly & I didn’t fancy doing it in the dark with no other vehicle with us if we got into strife . Anyway the Macalister river at Cheynes bridge was right up - & that’s before any snow has melted so would be ‘interesting’ crossing that down in Burgoynes . Pretty pumped for this trip - BRING IT ON 👍🏻

PeeBee
27th July 2018, 11:50 PM
Yeah was in there 4 weeks ago and vehicles were struggling at the crossing then, in both directions, motorbikes washed over, no chance, water so cold it hurt your hands to wash them. We camped on the Licola side, and a pair of trucks with deer stalkers took 2 days to get from the river back to the main road, but they were on the wrong tyres.

Bidja
28th July 2018, 01:34 AM
Never know might have to drag out the old chains (might see if they fit). My tyres don't have lugs.

MB
28th July 2018, 10:58 AM
Seafoods all booked in now through a monger folks. Bugger Costco, they want $60 membership renewal from us, fresherer is betterer anyway [emoji106]
Getting excited now!

Winnie
28th July 2018, 11:08 AM
Seafoods all booked in now through a monger folks. Bugger Costco, they want $60 membership renewal from us, fresherer is betterer anyway [emoji106]
Getting excited now!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkGeez mate, awesome effort MB! Too generous my man, seriously.

MB
28th July 2018, 01:09 PM
All good mate, AB’s in on the fishy business too and you good blokes are all putting in the big hours salaming, stewing, boiling & dehydrating goodies!

Bidja
28th July 2018, 04:13 PM
Did a stamina run this arvo (2 1/2 weeks post hernia op), to keep the home fires warm while I am at Licola (more to get) have a break before unloading.

mudski
28th July 2018, 10:35 PM
Did a stamina run this arvo (2 1/2 weeks post hernia op), to keep the home fires warm while I am at Licola (more to get) have a break before unloading.

Bloody hell, I keep forgetting I need to get some wood too. I'm literally down to about six pieces left.

Bidja
28th July 2018, 11:07 PM
Bloody hell, I keep forgetting I need to get some wood too. I'm literally down to about six pieces left.

In the shed just in time, bit of rain here tonight that is settling a bit of the dust (been so dry and the ground is hard as).

Sprock
29th July 2018, 12:56 AM
Yeah I need to start organising more wood Muddy - I’m down to about 30T haha . Buying a b double truckload of logs last year was the best thing I ever did 🤣👍🏻

Winnie
29th July 2018, 06:07 PM
Getting ready. Will see how much dried lemon powder this makes but I have enough lemons to do another 10 batches at least. Might be onto a winner here I reckon @MB

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/07/198.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/07/199.jpg

MB
29th July 2018, 07:25 PM
That’s awesome mate, ripper!

Rossco
29th July 2018, 07:35 PM
YUM can't wait for these. . .

Winnie
29th July 2018, 07:58 PM
That’s awesome mate, ripper!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI might have to test it on some steak tomorrow night I reckon. Huge winner idea here MB. Would be great for spreading over rotisserie chook cooked over the camp fire or smoked fish in Phil's special oven

PeeBee
29th July 2018, 09:28 PM
Guys, with much regret I am unable to attend the Licola event this year. I am up to my neck in house refurb activities in prep for going to market. I have guys arriving next week for quotes etc with immediate action in mind. Have a great one, as i am sure you will. Looking forward to the snow report up the top near Arbuckle Junction also. Enjoy the feasts you are all working so hard to prepare.

mudski
29th July 2018, 10:02 PM
Guys, with much regret I am unable to attend the Licola event this year. I am up to my neck in house refurb activities in prep for going to market. I have guys arriving next week for quotes etc with immediate action in mind. Have a great one, as i am sure you will. Looking forward to the snow report up the top near Arbuckle Junction also. Enjoy the feasts you are all working so hard to prepare.

Maaaaate!.......

BSRT.Beast
29th July 2018, 10:35 PM
Looking forward to this .... got a call on Friday from my mechanic and baring any unforeseen
internal engine problems the RB25 will be up and running again by weeks end.

My theory is if its running well enough to drive then I'll put the finishing elec touches on hold and bring it.
Cant wait to be able to finally take it off road again.

Sprock
29th July 2018, 10:49 PM
WHAT ?! No Philestein ?! NOOOOOOO ! It won’t be the same without you PeeBee 😔

PeeBee
29th July 2018, 11:32 PM
WHAT ?! No Philestein ?! NOOOOOOO ! It won’t be the same without you PeeBee 😔

You popped my cherry last year, so it wouldn't be the same , second time round!! Go hard Sprocky-doodle.

PeeBee
29th July 2018, 11:35 PM
Maaaaate!.......

Houses Mark, you know better than most of us what a chore they can turn into. I have not done a scrap of preventative maintenance for maybe 5 years so its just too obvious to not rectify the multitude of small issues before going to market. PIA timing, but there is always next year.

PeeBee
30th July 2018, 05:21 PM
Avo, just checked the forecast for Mt Howitt, which is the NP regional playground, Saturday is ranging from minus 1 to minus 1, with a wind chill of minus 8. Beautiful Victorian weather for you!!!! Fresh snow dump friday as well, but not saturday. Enjoy.

Winnie
30th July 2018, 05:36 PM
MB not sure how much of this is required but this is the dried and blitzed rind of 24 organic sourced lemons from Winnie's backyard. Another batch should fill this container to the top. What do you reckon?
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/07/200.jpg

MB
30th July 2018, 05:54 PM
Hard to gauge perspective from the pic mate, needs a beer can in frame for me to comprehendy :-)

MB
30th July 2018, 05:59 PM
All good, that’ll be heaps mate! Test up some blends on tonights tucker good man, maybe 50/50 with Rock Salt? Should be pretty powerful rind so possibly even 25/75 would make it stretch further too!

MB
30th July 2018, 06:05 PM
Clean ‘Corona’ beer bottles with plastic ‘Sprite’ caps (1/8th drilled) I’ve seen used for cheap shakers before too mate!

MB
30th July 2018, 06:11 PM
Avo & Mudski would prefer these though ;-)
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/07/201.jpg
@MissusWinnie is Chrisso allowed back to the shed for some final prep/bottle emptying work?

Winnie
30th July 2018, 06:24 PM
All good, that’ll be heaps mate! Test up some blends on tonights tucker good man, maybe 50/50 with Rock Salt? Should be pretty powerful rind so possibly even 25/75 would make it stretch further too!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLet you know how I go... Stick around.

MB
30th July 2018, 07:41 PM
Bugger! Tucker trailer spare almost fits :-(
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/07/204.jpg

mudski
30th July 2018, 07:54 PM
Avo & Mudski would prefer these though ;-)
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/07/201.jpg
@MissusWinnie is Chrisso allowed back to the shed for some final prep/bottle emptying work?

I got more bottles if you need. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/07/205.jpg

MB
30th July 2018, 08:05 PM
Far out mate, one sitting or two?
Making me feel real healthy, thank you ;-)

mudski
30th July 2018, 08:16 PM
Far out mate, one sitting or two?
Making me feel real healthy, thank you ;-)

Nah theres a few sittings there Marko.

Winnie
30th July 2018, 08:19 PM
Lemon steak not bad. Not quite the zing that I was expecting, a bit more subtle. Would be shit hot with chicken or fish I reckon.

MB
30th July 2018, 08:31 PM
Liver or Kidney powder for a steak maybe :-) Lemon for sure on snake, tastes just like citrus chicken or fish :-)

MB
30th July 2018, 08:46 PM
Almost forgot mudski mate, your Mini French Sticks are ordered and a ready at 8:00am Friday. New bakery owners have jacked the custom built prices to $0.70pc sorry mate so we only booked in 150 sticks!

Sprock
30th July 2018, 09:50 PM
Hey mudski , AB , MB - text me your numbers will ya ? I smashed another phone & lost all my numbers ......

Avo
30th July 2018, 09:50 PM
Avo, just checked the forecast for Mt Howitt, which is the NP regional playground, Saturday is ranging from minus 1 to minus 1, with a wind chill of minus 8. Beautiful Victorian weather for you!!!! Fresh snow dump friday as well, but not saturday. Enjoy.Better stock up on asthma spray n winnie blues by the sounds of it..cheers

MB
30th July 2018, 09:57 PM
Hey mudski , AB , MB - text me your numbers will ya ? I smashed another phone & lost all my numbers ......

Thank Christ! Those pictures were making us all feel tiny ya show off Lumberjack:-(

mudski
31st July 2018, 08:10 AM
Almost forgot mudski mate, your Mini French Sticks are ordered and a ready at 8:00am Friday. New bakery owners have jacked the custom built prices to $0.70pc sorry mate so we only booked in 150 sticks!

I had my phone set to remind me today. Thanks mate.

Edit : 150 sticks?! I hope there room in your trailer...

MB
31st July 2018, 09:38 AM
All good mate, only 50 [emoji106]

Avo
31st July 2018, 04:58 PM
Incoming or outbound not sure yet...on me way to stropps for the night before i fly out early tomorrohttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/07/221.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/07/222.jpg

Avo
31st July 2018, 05:15 PM
Yep, looking like some top efforts!!
Bugger a reccy trip, let’s just make it a week long adventure ;-)!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOk then i will..see ya tomoro

MB
31st July 2018, 05:20 PM
Man of ya word mate, smashing effort old chap!

jack
31st July 2018, 05:23 PM
Come on you guys, when are you going to tell Avo this is all a joke and there is no trip. You lot are so mean.

AB
31st July 2018, 05:27 PM
Come on you guys, when are you going to tell Avo this is all a joke and there is no trip. You lot are so mean.

Sshhh not until he lands in Melbourne.

Clunk
31st July 2018, 05:51 PM
Sshhh not until he lands in Melbourne.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkJust don't tell him I was in on it

jack
31st July 2018, 05:52 PM
Sorry, I'll delete my post. :hijacked:

AB
31st July 2018, 05:57 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=75949&stc=1

Avo
31st July 2018, 07:15 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=75949&stc=1Omg you lot are killing me...its ok....still got a week away from the burdens...i reckon I'll have fun either way

AB
31st July 2018, 07:20 PM
Omg you lot are killing me...its ok....still got a week away from the burdens...i reckon I'll have fun either way

To make up for our silly prank MB has booked you in for a night at the Formula 1 motel right next to the airport as an apology.

It's a very very classy establishment!

Rossco
31st July 2018, 08:18 PM
Pretty nice time of year to enjoy dreary old Melbourne. . . Single digit temperatures and howling arctic winds, lovely [emoji6]

lucus30
31st July 2018, 09:56 PM
Yeah did think about the crossing and assuming it will be fairly low considering it has been relatively dry however will need to assess when we get there. If too dodgey its not a long back track to head out through Green Hills / Cob Spur or South Rd. Yep it defiantly is rough and needs to be clear that everyone is aware of that if interested. Probably worth making it a locker only option or strongly advised at least.

Did Burgoyes on the weekend just gone mate and was fine doubt the depth wouldn't have changed that much as we have only had a little rain so far.

Rossco
31st July 2018, 10:49 PM
Did Burgoyes on the weekend just gone mate and was fine doubt the depth wouldn't have changed that much as we have only had a little rain so far.Yeah sweet has been a really dry winter so far. . . and bloody cold. . .

Avo
1st August 2018, 12:02 AM
Pretty nice time of year to enjoy dreary old Melbourne. . . Single digit temperatures and howling arctic winds, lovely [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkFlying out of perth tommorro at 6am forecasted wind of 125km h....yeah me..ill buy some rugs when im theres i think...

Stropp
1st August 2018, 12:13 AM
Flying out of perth tommorro at 6am forecasted wind of 125km h....yeah me..ill buy some rugs when im theres i think...

Don’t worry guys I’m trying to get him to the plane late so it will save you all the embarrassment of meeting avo, I’ll do me best anyway 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Clunk
1st August 2018, 12:18 AM
He's on a cuddle mission

Avo
1st August 2018, 04:06 AM
Who needs mates hey

MB
1st August 2018, 05:49 AM
Flying out of perth tommorro at 6am.....
Wakey wakey, 2hr International check-in!

Rossco
1st August 2018, 06:59 AM
Flying out of perth tommorro at 6am forecasted wind of 125km h....yeah me..ill buy some rugs when im theres i think...

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkNice tail wind hopefully, should make it here in an hour or so. . .

MB
1st August 2018, 07:31 AM
Uniform..check? Catch Avo if you can, and no mate, they’re not Virgins! http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/1.jpg

Stropp
1st August 2018, 07:57 AM
Sorry guys I tried my best but when he turns up at your bed at 4am you jump out just in case he wants to jump in 🤣🤣🤣

Maxhead
1st August 2018, 04:47 PM
Stock on the go now.
4 chooks ,
3kg of carrots, potato, onion, swede, turnip, parsnip, celery.
Garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper to taste
Might have to make another small batch to make up 20l.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/2.jpg

Winnie
1st August 2018, 05:03 PM
This is gonna be one epic cookup!

MB
1st August 2018, 05:29 PM
Awesome Krisso, smashing effort mate!

Avo
1st August 2018, 05:32 PM
mudski jack flash in the hillshttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/3.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/4.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/5.jpg

garett
1st August 2018, 06:39 PM
looks like i have half a dozen bottles of alcohol for sharing...

Clunk
1st August 2018, 06:51 PM
mudski jack flash in the hillshttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/3.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/4.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkAlmost bed time hey?

Avo
1st August 2018, 09:08 PM
Almost bed time hey?Neverhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/6.jpg

Clunk
1st August 2018, 09:38 PM
Neverhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkBwahahahahahah...... Cold much?

Avo
1st August 2018, 10:40 PM
Bwahahahahahah...... Cold much?Nah in me shorts

MB
2nd August 2018, 01:11 AM
Top Effort ;-)
Night Pearcey:-)

Maxhead
2nd August 2018, 08:13 AM
Neverhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/6.jpg

So, did you survive night 1?

mudski
2nd August 2018, 08:13 AM
mudski jack flash in the hillshttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/3.jpg

Eh? There more than one of you westerners here?

Avo
2nd August 2018, 09:34 AM
So, did you survive night 1?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYep

Maxhead
2nd August 2018, 01:17 PM
Yep

It will be on a downhill slide this time tomorrow [emoji41]

Avo
2nd August 2018, 03:01 PM
Sorry replied to wrong person

AB
2nd August 2018, 03:33 PM
Woohoo work finished pick up kids, food shop, pack Gq, bring it on!!!

jay see
2nd August 2018, 04:22 PM
Safe travels everyone.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Rossco
2nd August 2018, 05:03 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOhh yeah baby same here. Can't wait . .

Winnie
2nd August 2018, 05:40 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkJust knocked off now, got heaps to do as have been slack this week... Bring it on!!

NissanGQ4.2
2nd August 2018, 05:49 PM
Has anyone mentioned lately you guys suck? Because you guys really suck!!!!!

Bidja
2nd August 2018, 06:18 PM
Almost packed, tomatoes paste (frozen block) in engel, wont need too many amps to keep her cold, just going over packing shed to get garlic, hopefully leave sometime tonight and camp over on the way. Should be all good...

garett
2nd August 2018, 06:22 PM
packed all but food and a couple things... 7 hrs to go lol

Winnie
2nd August 2018, 06:47 PM
Almost packed, tomatoes paste (frozen block) in engel, wont need too many amps to keep her cold, just going over packing shed to get garlic, hopefully leave sometime tonight and camp over on the way. Should be all good...Brilliant mate, glad you could make it in the end.
Just spent more on grog for the weekend than food haha.

mudski
2nd August 2018, 10:29 PM
I got a bottle of 100 proof Single Barrel Jack, a Master distiller 6 JD and a Gentleman jack. Do I have enough? Contemplating bringing one of the rarer 2013 Single Barrels I have too and cracking it for the cause... Just so I have choice. Lol Might even bring a Master Distiller 2...

Sprock
2nd August 2018, 10:37 PM
As per tradition I’ve got 2 bottles of Jäger , heap of red bull & I’ve got the proper meat for the spit - a big fat genuine heyfield butchers own Stras. This is guna be awesome .

mudski
2nd August 2018, 10:39 PM
As per tradition I’ve got 2 bottles of Jäger , heap of red bull & I’ve got the proper meat for the spit - a big fat genuine heyfield butchers own Stras. This is guna be awesome .

I got some extra Red Bulls for ya too Adam.

Winnie
2nd August 2018, 10:48 PM
As per tradition I’ve got 2 bottles of Jäger , heap of red bull & I’ve got the proper meat for the spit - a big fat genuine heyfield butchers own Stras. This is guna be awesome .Do we have a spit organised? I could throw mine in if needed.

garett
3rd August 2018, 01:28 AM
ok leaving about now

MB
3rd August 2018, 05:56 AM
Safe travels everyone, no rushing, stay safe, see ya’ll at Licola [emoji106][emoji106]

AB
3rd August 2018, 06:32 AM
So we have salamis, liqueurs, whiskeys, homebrews, wine, cheeses, seafood and beer.

NOW THAT IS CAMPING!

Our colons are going to drop out of our bums come Monday!

BSRT.Beast
3rd August 2018, 09:21 AM
Footy tonight #GOTIGES

See yas all tomorrow.

Unfortunately no 4by so here's a pic of where we were this time last year

Winnie
3rd August 2018, 09:28 AM
Footy tonight #GOTIGES

See yas all tomorrow.

Unfortunately no 4by so here's a pic of where we were this time last year

75960Please let me know the result of the melb storm vs rabbitohs game that is on tonight!

Avo
3rd August 2018, 10:37 AM
Are we there yethttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/12.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/13.jpg

Clunk
3rd August 2018, 09:11 PM
Are we there yethttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/12.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/13.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkWell are you?

Stropp
3rd August 2018, 10:12 PM
Do we have a spit organised? I could throw mine in if needed.

You would need batteries or a long weekend to cook it 🤣🤣🤣

Stropp
3rd August 2018, 10:14 PM
Our colons are going to drop out of our bums come Monday!

Yes whatch that Avo bloke he’s a bit odd ��������

Maxhead
5th August 2018, 11:53 AM
Yes whatch that Avo bloke he’s a bit odd í*¾í´£í*¾í´£í*¾í´£í*¾í´£

Odd is an understatement! Lol
But I’d have the crunt as my brother anyday.

Heading home now. Great weekend and good to catch up with everyone

Bring the n the next one

Maxhead
5th August 2018, 12:11 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/138.jpg

Woof
5th August 2018, 12:55 PM
Odd is an understatement! Lol
But I’d have the crunt as my brother anyday.

Heading home now. Great weekend and good to catch up with everyone

Bring the n the next one

Sorry Kriso but as odd as he is, he is ours mate

Stropp
5th August 2018, 02:22 PM
Sorry Kriso but as odd as he is, he is ours mate

Yes fortunately or unfortunately the odd bloke belongs to us 🤣🤣

Maxhead
5th August 2018, 04:00 PM
Ohh shit. No no no no .
I mean he’s a great bloke for a day or two but fark! Take him back please...lol

Clunk
5th August 2018, 05:52 PM
Ohh shit. No no no no .
I mean he’s a great bloke for a day or two but fark! Take him back please...lol

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNahhhhh you can keep him

rusty_nail
5th August 2018, 06:19 PM
were home and unpacked. another fantastic weekend, catching up with a fantastic bunch of guys and girls. thanks for the great company this weekend guys, another great success!

mudski
5th August 2018, 07:21 PM
Yep finally home. What a ripper weekend it was. I didn’t get many pics though. Was having way to much fun to even think about getting out the phone for pics.
The snow did not look promising, but it delivered in the end. Our usual spot was covered in maybe 1 1/2 feet of snow. Watching AB plough through the fresh snow and fish tail every metre or two was a cracker. Then I had to follow, same as, then Rusty nail, same, then Pearcy in his Triton and Garrets Q. Was a cracker.
We turned around and went back to the car park and Sprock waved his magic fire wand and produced a fire for us to warm us to. It was farkin cold. Good old MB delights us with his skewers. Bloody awesome mate!
After lunch some of us went for a drive and stopped at a helipad near the Mt Margaret track. Views to die for.
Friday nights antics were entertaining to say the least. Then Saturday night came and it was on for all. I have not laughed so much. Drank a bit too. So good...
Anyone thinking of coming next year.
Do not miss this! Bring on Licola 2019!

mudski
6th August 2018, 08:28 AM
75981 Hopefully this works.

BSRT.Beast
6th August 2018, 09:39 AM
Thanks for a fantastic Saturday night everyone spewing my rig wasn't finished but the commonwhore was a comfy drive
and a certain someone who shall not be named (Nicole) prolly wouldn't have survived a trip home in the GQ anyhow,
she's also vowed to not drink Jagermeister ever again haha.

AB
6th August 2018, 06:08 PM
Thanks for coming everyone, what another fantastic catch up and awesome Saturday night feast!!!

Some new faces and old and kudos for the interstaters for their efforts!

My photo bomb...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/139.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/140.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/141.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/142.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/143.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/144.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/145.jpg

Rossco
6th August 2018, 06:11 PM
Last photo a classic, Lachie is loving it lol. What a ripper weekend home now and all unpacked. Cheers to everyone had any absolute ball. .

MudRunnerTD
6th August 2018, 06:51 PM
What a Cracka!!!!

My head Hurts!!

Poor old Avo he got something in his eye just as we were all saying goodbye and he couldnt stop them watering.....

Was great to meet you Avo. Great bloke.

I have to say folks. This might have been the best one yet!! Saturday night really cemented a few relationships. The wives ran a mock. The Battys gave out kisses, Roofy had a jagerBomb!!! And we partied hard way passed 2am. Nicole out drank everyone and was last one standing at 4:30am.

Sunday was pretty Laid Back!!!!

Last Weekend in July 2019 is already BOOKED. Put in your leave requests. Friday and monday is the way to go.

Thanks for a great time everyone. Not a Single Photo was taken by me!!!

Rossco
6th August 2018, 07:12 PM
Yep wicked wicked wicked. Saturday night was an absolute pisser. Sir Roofy and Nicole last 2 standing in the wee hours of the morning after yager bombs and sweet sweet Bundy (thanks MB & Sprock absolute champions yet again). Seafood broth was delicious as was cheesecake and other delicious snacks to celebrate Mrs MB's birthday topped off with a ride of the wheelie bin for a bit of fun [emoji6]

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/146.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/147.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/148.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/149.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/150.jpg

Winnie
6th August 2018, 07:32 PM
Brilliant trip! Best one yet by a big margin. What I love about this group of people is that we have never had a drama between anyone. Everybody gets along and is included.
Kids had a great time too which was awesome to see. Dogs all behaved well.
I did not take a single photo but made a few memories. Can't wait until next year!

Avo
6th August 2018, 08:30 PM
What an awesome week weekend.. the love flows and is never ending...thanks fot the warm welcoming the hugs ...the reach arounds was from clunk...you all ended up being exactly as i thought...loved every minute...and the best bit 2hrs forward meant i could go to bed at 5 30....i love licola..cant believe you guys reckon its cold..bwhaaa.... hop3 ya all loved the ding snagga n the zin...http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/152.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/153.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/154.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/155.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/156.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/157.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/158.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/159.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/160.jpg

mudski
6th August 2018, 08:37 PM
Avo I hope you sampled the 100 proof Single Barrel I left you guys. And that Zin Liqueur is the bomb!

pearcey
6th August 2018, 08:51 PM
Thanks folks for the fab time. Great accommodation, Saturday cook up, play in the snow. When i can work out how to post a few painting up I`ll post them.

Plasnart
6th August 2018, 09:08 PM
So jealous. Was in QLD, Mrs family visits, home on Sunday. Warm and balmy in shorts and thongs the whole time. Had a good time but would prefer to be rugged up, freezing cold in the snow with you great people. Next year.

Avo
6th August 2018, 09:32 PM
So jealous. Was in QLD, Mrs family visits, home on Sunday. Warm and balmy in shorts and thongs the whole time. Had a good time but would prefer to be rugged up, freezing cold in the snow with you great people. Next year.It wasnt cold plassy.... licola turned it on...sunshine on my window makes me happyhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/161.jpg

Stropp
6th August 2018, 09:32 PM
I would have loved to attend but as avo was going I thought he would be all you could handle from the West 🤣🤣. No really it was too close to the blackdog ride to Darwin, I’m still trying to get my shit together.

Avo
6th August 2018, 09:34 PM
Thanks folks for the fab time. Great accommodation, Saturday cook up, play in the snow. When i can work out how to post a few painting up I`ll post them.Matey.....you go alright for a young fella dressed up....really enjoyed seeing you again....keep rolling and see you again soon....wish the world was full of more people like you

Avo
6th August 2018, 09:35 PM
I would have loved to attend but as avo was going I thought he would be all you could handle from the West 🤣🤣. No really it was too close to the blackdog ride to Darwin, I’m still trying to get my shit together.I was on my bestest...you would have been amazed

Stropp
6th August 2018, 09:40 PM
I was on my bestest...you would have been amazed

I am amazed, no reports of burns or misbehaviour 🤣🤣🤣

Plasnart
6th August 2018, 09:43 PM
It wasnt cold plassy.... licola turned it on...sunshine on my window makes me happyhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/161.jpg

It's never cold down here Avo. Just wrong clothes.

garett
6th August 2018, 10:08 PM
made it home.

mudski
6th August 2018, 10:09 PM
made it home.

Where'd you nic off too mate. I was looking for you when we left and you were no where to be found.

garett
6th August 2018, 10:17 PM
Where'd you nic off too mate. I was looking for you when we left and you were no where to be found.

probably chasing james around.. i left this morning

mudski
6th August 2018, 10:28 PM
probably chasing james around.. i left this morning

Yeah righto. Was good to see you there again bud. All the best in the UK.

Rossco
6th August 2018, 11:00 PM
A few pics from the weekend . . . Met up with Daz on the dam wall on the Thomson Friday morning after coming in through South Face Road. Few sneaky drone pics was nice and still on the water . . .

Then headed in through Fultons Track to Binns Road, Mcevoys Road then into Licola down Cheneys Bridge. Didn't go through Burgoines as time was ticking and were getting weary, nice drive in but. . .

Aberfeldy River

Found a cool hut . . .

Chicken skewers & fire in the snow was pretty wicked . . .

Rossco
6th August 2018, 11:25 PM
Some of us drove back via B1, B2 and Mt Margaret Tracks which goes through some pretty beautiful country and others headed back to base to prepare the feast among other things. . .

Looking up to the Sentinels at the Cromite Mine . .

Stopped on the Helipad near the junction of Mt Margaret. . .

After feeling sorry for ouselves for most of the day after Saturday nights antics went for a drive up Cobb Spur and out Green Hills and then back through South Road Was good to get out & about . . .

Looking back down to camp . .

Pretty awsome sun set up the top.

Drove back on Monday over the top through Mt Skene, Matlock and Marysville. Was a fair bit of snow through Mt Selma with a bit of wild weather. Bumped into a couple of guys hikeing near the hut we stayed in off Mt Selma Rd last high country trip we did. Stopped and had a good chat, they were doing half of the Alps walking track and had skis strapped to their packs too. Pretty epic effort were going from BawBaw to Hotham with food drops along the way would be pretty cool i reckon.

Anyways headed home with snow falling reasonably heavy after Matlock then pissing down later. . .

PeeBee
6th August 2018, 11:34 PM
Rossco, what was the snow coverage like at Arbuckle Junction on the way to your Saturday snow play?

Rossco
6th August 2018, 11:43 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/160.jpg

Hey Phil, this was the junction @ B1 & the main road. Was a fair bit less at the junction but still a but around. .

Bidja
7th August 2018, 01:57 AM
Full on enjoyment had. Great company and doing the Mt Margaret drive will remain memorable. Stopped off on the way home and wet a line, no hits (wrong tides and calm) but did not matter too much so took a selfie.

Licola was all good, thanks. Will do again.

pearcey
7th August 2018, 08:35 AM
Matey.....you go alright for a young fella dressed up....really enjoyed seeing you again....keep rolling and see you again soon....wish the world was full of more people like you

Mate sxxt I hope I can call you that LMAO. Was great to have your company as it was with all that attended. Took me all blxxdy night to edit the funny words off the go pro, now there`s only " g`day" and "hit the apexes" left on the audio. Blxxdy funny sxxt hey!!! Now to tackle the teeth marks, scratches, and dents on the passengers side. And yes there is a pleasant quiet side to AVO, Yeah there`s a big chance of a catch up on the tracks some where some day.

growler2058
7th August 2018, 02:41 PM
And yes there is a pleasant quiet side to AVO, Yeah there`s a big chance of a catch up on the tracks some where some day.

BoooooOOOLSHEET

Stropp
7th August 2018, 03:29 PM
BoooooOOOLSHEET

no its true, ive seen him asleep :)

Stropp
7th August 2018, 03:32 PM
nice pics Guys

MB
7th August 2018, 03:38 PM
Awesome trip folks, looking forward to seeing ya’ll and growing hopefully next year again!
Avo finally made it to AB’s Church also!! http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/169.jpg

AB
7th August 2018, 03:43 PM
It needs a spring clean lol

Plasnart
7th August 2018, 05:44 PM

Looking up to the Sentinels at the Cromite Mine . .

New screen saver, thanks Rossco. Beautiful pic.

Rossco
7th August 2018, 05:50 PM
New screen saver, thanks Rossco. Beautiful pic.Cheers Plassy but thanks need to go to Nicole and pretty much all other pics too, I didn't really take many this time. She does well, is a beautiful spot too through there too . . .

Clunk
7th August 2018, 06:23 PM
BoooooOOOLSHEET
no its true, ive seen him asleep :)Yeah that's not true though is it Stropp

pearcey
7th August 2018, 08:31 PM
OK see if I can get a couple of paintings to stick here.7600276003760047600576006