PDA

View Full Version : Sway bar disconnects

simple83
8th March 2018, 05:03 PM
Sorry in advance for the newbie question

Im looking at putting sway bar disconnects in the rear of my 03 gu patrol
Ive got a 2 inch lift in it although the rear has actually gone up 3 inches.

Now here is the newbie question
Should i get 2 or 3 inch lift sway bar disconnects?

Cheers in advance

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
8th March 2018, 10:17 PM
I wouldn't bother to be honest mate. I had them on my GQ and they were a pain in the arse to get back in. You will get more from removing the front and keeping the back in as it forces the front to work.

happygu
8th March 2018, 10:26 PM
If it is just your normal 4 wheeling you are doing, then you don't really need them.

My lift will tuck up all the way up into the guards so it touches on the inside of the tyre with them connected ... not sure that for normal stuff that you would really benefit from much more without them, and you have to get under to reconnect them when everything is all covered in mud afterwards.

PS: I had the factory auto disconnect in my old GQ, and I barely used them or noticed the difference in all the High Country driving, or any of the desert touring I ever did when I lived in Alice

simple83
9th March 2018, 12:35 AM
I wouldn't bother to be honest mate. I had them on my GQ and they were a pain in the arse to get back in. You will get more from removing the front and keeping the back in as it forces the front to work.Removing the front sway bar altogether do you mean???

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Avo
9th March 2018, 12:43 AM
yep ..................

JackCollo
9th March 2018, 06:49 AM
I removed the front on mine and noticed the difference. Just keep it in the garage somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

51KGU
9th March 2018, 07:23 AM
I have front disconnects. Hate it on road with it out, but it’s a little nicer off-road with it disconnected. However I got them for free, I wouldn’t buy them.