PDA

View Full Version : Rough on the equipment!

Left Lane Lady
7th March 2018, 10:21 PM
Hey!
I have an 02 ZD30 wagon called “the old lady”. She’s done almost 350k and I got her 2 years ago. Since then we have spent about 10k at the mechanic ��
We have replaced:
Cylinder head
Head gasket
Top end kit
Turbo
Alternator
Water pump
Steering dampener
Clutch
2 punctures
Alloy bull bar
Passenger step
And she has more bush stripes than paint!!!!!!!
My husband hates her (and dies inside when I go off-road, he’s always had cruisers.
The biggest problem is the fact that she has less go than a Prius and that’s after a new turbo!!!
So I’m here for the professional advice and 4x4 meets.

4bye4
7th March 2018, 11:00 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum. They are not a sports car but it would be interesting to see what boost and egt's are. Any gauges fitted?

Left Lane Lady
7th March 2018, 11:19 PM
No gauges, I have been told so many conflicting “must haves” that I haven’t done any of them!
My mechanic put in a slightly bigger than factory turbo and she improved a little - only losing 20km up a hill instead of 40+.
If I dont get a run up at 120, I will end up in 3rd gear with my foot to the floor on even a low grade hill.
Brisbane to Bathurst via Newcastle was an 18 hour trip and I wasn’t towing the trailer until I got to newy.
Reckon she’s stuffed?!

Avo
7th March 2018, 11:35 PM
No gauges, I have been told so many conflicting “must haves” that I haven’t done any of them!
My mechanic put in a slightly bigger than factory turbo and she improved a little - only losing 20km up a hill instead of 40+.
If I dont get a run up at 120, I will end up in 3rd gear with my foot to the floor on even a low grade hill.
Brisbane to Bathurst via Newcastle was an 18 hour trip and I wasn’t towing the trailer until I got to newy.
Reckon she’s stuffed?!

welcome to the froum...I don't know shit...well I klnow onbe thing,if ya want it straight,youi'llk get it here,keep asking and tell them muggle mechanics what ya know from here..

Evo
8th March 2018, 01:52 AM
Welcome to the forum

Left Lane Lady
8th March 2018, 05:00 AM
Thanks Avo!

Dhuck
8th March 2018, 06:57 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

GQtdauto
8th March 2018, 08:20 AM
Welcome to the forum , without a load ours seems to fly the only time it does what you're describing is yeah pulling 2.5 tonne of caravan up steep hills .
Bigger exhaust and a chip and tune generally gets the best out of them but if you're running massive tyres and have the thing loaded with gear and a roof rack it could be affecting things a bit .

happygu
8th March 2018, 09:32 PM
A performance chip makes a big difference to the way the 3 litre Di's go about their business.

You need to remember they aren't sports cars either .... hitting the bottom of a hill at 5 kph less than ideal can cause you to lose speed fairly rapidly, but hit it at the right speed and revs means they will manage to pull quite well

simple83
8th March 2018, 11:31 PM
Get your hands on a chip
I got a DTRONIC which is plug and play
Wad the first upgrade i did and you can tell the difference right away
I got mine off gumtree
There is 1 on there at the moment going real cheap

$225 is a bargain if you ask me

Please view this ad:

Safari dtronic nissan patrol gu 3l turbo diesel.,
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lutwyche/other-parts-accessories/safari-dtronic-nissan-patrol-gu-3l-turbo-diesel-/1173636330?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Price: $225

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/7NzhP

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk