PDA

View Full Version : Fitting an exhaust system

JackoGQYoot
6th March 2018, 12:18 PM
Hi Guys
I am looking at getting a Manta Exhaust with extractors for my n/a 4.2 diesel GQ. How hard would it be for me and my dad to fit? Or do you recommend having it fitted by professionals?
LINK: https://www.exhaustshop.com.au/performance-exhaust/manta-nissan-patrol-gq-4-2l-td42-diesel-tb42-petrol-wagon-ute-2-5-aluminised-steel-full-exhaust-system-mkni0064-2433?mfp=17-diametre%5B2%201Lw%3D%3D2Ig%3D%3D%5D%2C14-finish%5BAluminised%20Steel%5D&sort=p.price&order=DESC
Cheers :beer:

JackCollo
6th March 2018, 03:59 PM
How much patience do you and your dad have? It’s a pretty straight forward job the hardest part is getting the rusted nuts off. But other than that it should just be a take off put on kind of job. Don’t forget to let the nuts and such soak with wd40 or rp7 or bloody locktite freeze release spray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hodge
6th March 2018, 04:07 PM
I haven't done one to a GQ but fitted up one on an 3L crd and a 4.2 and they are straight forward.

It's not rocket science and Jack was spot on. Flood every nut you intend to undo with crd or equivalent, overnight . Especially at turbo end.

Sent from Note 5 using TapaPro

JackCollo
6th March 2018, 04:17 PM
I snapped two out of three studs on the back of the turbo bc I was impatient.

Seeing as its non turbo and your doing extractors as well should be super easy. Just don’t go spraying the wd40 while the motors hot. I’ve made that mistake before as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JackoGQYoot
7th March 2018, 02:19 PM
Cheers guys, do I need to remove the inner front guard to fit the extractors?