PDA

View Full Version : G'day for Tassie

tskrause
4th March 2018, 11:51 AM
Hey Guys Tyler form Tassie here

got my first patrol a couple of years ago being a MQ sd33 wagon, use it mainly in the bush and takes on the hardest tracks i could throw at it down here (twin welded diffs 35s ect) really supprised everyone that a 500,000km leaf all round MQ qould go just as far as a new 79 series. repaired the cracked head and slaped a turbo on it with a heavy duty rd28 clutch behind it and runs 15psi happily all day (will easily pull up long hills at 110 in top gear), have a real soft spot for this car now its pretty beat up and ratty but just keeps on going and showing up the cruisers all day long.

i recently have got myself a GU series 1 thats had a 4.2 conversion from 2.8 its been done a bit dodgy (no dash works, drivers engine mount was flat bar ect) so engine and box out and starting again, clutch was filled with mud and wouldn't drive at all, am looking at sealing all the belhousing watertight and slightly pressurizing it for when going through deep holes, 12mm pump is sitting in shed ready to go and most likely going to do a compound set up to be a bit unique, need a new clutch that can handel the torque and going to pull head of and check everything before i wind it up (is a gq silvertop) 5 link front and E locker is next on the cards once i have it running all sweet.

would love to know how many other blokes on here are from northen tas

cheers Tyler

GQtdauto
4th March 2018, 12:24 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and there are a few on here from Tassie .

AB
4th March 2018, 04:21 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, there's a few Tassie blokes on here...

feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Dhuck
5th March 2018, 09:22 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Evo
6th March 2018, 12:32 AM
Welcome mate

4bye4
7th March 2018, 11:13 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum.