PDA

View Full Version : Key problem

woodster
3rd March 2018, 03:49 PM
Hi there
Anyone have any ideas on this one?
My spare key will open doors remotely and crank the engine however it wont start .
As soon as i put in main key it starts first time?
Its a GU 2012 patrol 3.0st .
Any help would be great?
Cheers
W

Clunk
3rd March 2018, 04:09 PM
Spare key lost it's coding for the immobiliser maybe

woodster
3rd March 2018, 04:25 PM
Yeah think thats the problem .
Can they be programmed by ourselves?

TPC
3rd March 2018, 05:59 PM
Yeah think thats the problem .
Can they be programmed by ourselves?

Nissan nead to do it, the car gets programmed to accept the key transponders.

Evo
3rd March 2018, 06:05 PM
Is the spare key just that, a spare?
As in a spare to only unlock the car?
My GU had one that did all, unlock, start, and the spare would only unlock.

woodster
3rd March 2018, 06:07 PM
yeah its an identical key to the main key but the immobiliser wont switch off when i try with the spare and apparently the key was never used.

trev zd30
3rd March 2018, 10:40 PM
If the spare looks like the main key it should be able to disable The immobiliser.
I’m led to believe Nissan are not the only ones who can program keys these days. Any good locksmith should be able to do it. Might pay to ask around.

Avo
4th March 2018, 12:27 AM
If the spare looks like the main key it should be able to disable The immobiliser.
I’m led to believe Nissan are not the only ones who can program keys these days. Any good locksmith should be able to do it. Might pay to ask around.

it's already cost him over 300 by listening to that same advice

trev zd30
4th March 2018, 02:26 PM
it's already cost him over 300 by listening to that same advice

That’s a bugger.

Just did a bit of a dig around. Seems any good locksmith with the right tools can reprogram the transponder in the key. Guess he didn’t find the right place yet. [emoji848]

What area is the original poster from?

TPC
4th March 2018, 03:05 PM
That’s a bugger.

Just did a bit of a dig around. Seems any good locksmith with the right tools can reprogram the transponder in the key. Guess he didn’t find the right place yet. [emoji848]

What area is the original poster from?

I find that strange as I believe the transponder is not programmed, the ecu is programmed to accept the transponder. Has anybody on here had a key matched to a post 2006 patrol by a locksmith?

trev zd30
4th March 2018, 03:17 PM
Happy to be corrected. You may be right. Just reread the info I found and it does say Pre 2006.
My appologies.

TPC
4th March 2018, 03:56 PM
Happy to be corrected. You may be right. Just reread the info I found and it does say Pre 2006.
My appologies.

Yea Nissan went to a new system that nobody but a Nissan dealer can program and is a bloody pain in the ass when it fails.