PDA

View Full Version : Diesel service - Cockburn

paulthekelly
10th May 2011, 11:09 PM
Can anyone recomend a good mechanic in the Cockburn area?
The big white beastie TD42 needs a service and a good eye cast over her to point out any potential problems. The main part is a good injector and pump service, which should, I stress "should" give me a couple of extra kW/nM and the extra mile or two from the tank.
Thanks in advance!
Paul

Finly Owner
10th May 2011, 11:15 PM
where's Cockburn, I could answer, but it wouldn't be family friendly!

Tim

paulthekelly
10th May 2011, 11:20 PM
Sorry, in Perth, South of the river.

Un-amusingly, the "ck" is silent.

Aquarian51
10th May 2011, 11:25 PM
Hi Paul
I live in Dawesville and there is a gr8 mobile mechanic in Mandurah. He has about 5 GQ's on his books. He used to be a Nissan mechanic in Kalgoorlie. I highly recommend, he does all the jobs on mine that I don't feel like doing or are beyond me. I'll PM you with his details. Not sure if he goes that far, but it'd worth the effort to go down to him if he doesn't as he prefers to work in his workshop.

Len

katwoman
10th May 2011, 11:44 PM
Hey Paul,
we've got quite a few westies here, they should be around later to help you..

XLR8
11th May 2011, 12:23 AM
no suggestions for general servicing/mechanical, but for injectors and pump, worth the drive up to Gt Eastern Hwy and talk to Matt or Steve at United Fuel Injection

GUte
11th May 2011, 01:00 AM
Hi Paul
I live in Dawesville and there is a gr8 mobile mechanic in Mandurah. He has about 5 GQ's on his books. He used to be a Nissan mechanic in Kalgoorlie. I highly recommend, he does all the jobs on mine that I don't feel like doing or are beyond me. I'll PM you with his details. Not sure if he goes that far, but it'd worth the effort to go down to him if he doesn't as he prefers to work in his workshop.

Len

Can you post the details for me also, im in Baldivis so he should travel here

Cheers

Aquarian51
11th May 2011, 01:09 AM
Just sent you a PM GUte with details

DX grunt
11th May 2011, 07:48 AM
Hi Paul

Len

Len, can you please pm me your mechanic's details. Obviously you're happy with the pricing?

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Aquarian51
12th May 2011, 12:24 AM
Evening Ross

I PM'd you earlier with his details, mate.

regards
Len

GUte
12th May 2011, 09:58 PM
thanks len