PDA

View Full Version : Hello from geelong victoria

aleyn87
25th February 2018, 03:41 AM
Well g’day folks...

Just picked myself up my first 4x4 after my last car was written off

Long story short I've gone from 2004 ford territory to this rig and so far i'm happy as a pig in poo with it!

Had the terry for over 3 years and spent way to much on it BUT it’s gone now and I’ve got to focus on what i have and try to enjoy the good life.

I usually go away every year as often possible to places such as Cobram, Rocklands reservoir and Lake Tooliorook etc with my dad and his mates who have been doing this sort of stuff for as long as i can remember and now I decided it’s about time I get my first 4x4 and so here I am...

Details are :
2004 Nissan patrol st gu s3
3lt intercooled turbo diesel
243xxxkms
5 speed manual
touchscreen head unit with reverse camera/Bluetooth/gps/dvd player etc...
side steps
bull bar
7 seats
tinted windows

Keen to do stuff to it as soon as I finish paying off what's left of my loan but so far I have added a 12" stedi light bar

Pictures to follow asap...

Thanks for having me aboard and a big cheers from me and mine to you and yours...

aleyn87
25th February 2018, 03:44 AM
forgot to mention it come with uhf and dual batteries as well which was a bonus...

Also i'm new to 4x4's but I'm keen to learn as much as I can :)

MB
25th February 2018, 07:08 AM
Welcome aboard!
Very tidy looking truck there mate, congratulations!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winnie
25th February 2018, 07:22 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.
That is a super clean car you've got there!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

GQtdauto
25th February 2018, 07:26 AM
Welcome to the forum mate ,needs some bush pin stripes .

AB
25th February 2018, 07:46 AM
Welcome to the forum and feel free to ask any questions. I deleted your other intro as it was a double up.

aleyn87
25th February 2018, 09:45 AM
Welcome to the forum and feel free to ask any questions. I deleted your other intro as it was a double up.

okay thanks for letting me know mate. and thanks for having me :)

aleyn87
25th February 2018, 09:50 AM
And yeah I drove about 1 hour away in a small mazda 6 to pick it up and it honestly felt like I was driving a mack truck at first after getting out of the mazda hahaha.
But after looking high and low I was lucky enough to be able to get this one and i'm very happy with it...
My budget was 10 but I stretched it to 12 for this tidy rig which came with 1 year reg and RWC :)

aleyn87
25th February 2018, 09:53 AM
just thought I would more pictures of the interior

Dhuck
25th February 2018, 09:59 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

aleyn87
25th February 2018, 10:51 AM
Thanks dhuck :)

Mc4by
25th February 2018, 10:54 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Evo
25th February 2018, 01:44 PM
G'day and welcome

threedogs
25th February 2018, 02:48 PM
Hi mate and welcome first thing get that shacle off that loop at the back it IS NOT A RECOVERY POINT
remove your tow hitch and shove your snatch strap up that using the pin, NEVER USE THE TOW BALL
THEY KILL, other than that nice clean rig Read up on Nads at least fit a Boost and egt guage just to let
you know whats going on under the bonnet, Remove your engine cover if the intercooler is oily chances
are the thing is leaking and youre losing boost. A fully tigged one from Diesel Smart cast about $400ish.
Very clean unit you have there very clean.
If you ever remove your cargo seats I have these plate to make things kook neater

aleyn87
25th February 2018, 05:44 PM
Hi mate and welcome first thing get that shacle off that loop at the back it IS NOT A RECOVERY POINT
remove your tow hitch and shove your snatch strap up that using the pin, NEVER USE THE TOW BALL
THEY KILL, other than that nice clean rig Read up on Nads at least fit a Boost and egt guage just to let
you know whats going on under the bonnet, Remove your engine cover if the intercooler is oily chances
are the thing is leaking and youre losing boost. A fully tigged one from Diesel Smart cast about $400ish.
Very clean unit you have there very clean.
If you ever remove your cargo seats I have these plate to make things kook neater

thanks for the advice mate, much appreciated :)
My patrol was a family car for sometime just used for school runs and daily duties so I was lucky enough to pick it up in good condition
The family who had it moved from Dandenong south to hillside and all the kids had grown up so they no longer needed it.
I just had the car at my local pedders for a $28 brakes, steering and suspension safety check for peace of mind and they said the car was pretty clean.

Only issues picked were front/rear shocks recommend replacement (But I don't think they are bad as the car drives nice)
Leading arm and bushes torn so require replacement - cost $184
Drag link - $330
steering damper recommend replace due to age - $160
sway bar and bushes worn, require replacement - $26
front wheel bearing need adjusting - $?
tyres old recommend replacing which I intend to get new wheels soon enough
and a brake fluid flush is recommended...

aleyn87
25th February 2018, 05:50 PM
Also I've read the nads kit consists of the following done in this order

1 : boost and pyro gauge
2 : Dawes/tillex valve and needle valve
3 : EGR blanking plate
4 : Oil catch can

and to also add the following
1 : 2 3/4 or 3" exhaust
2 : snorkel
3 : welded intercooler, bigger if possible (I've found rabbas radiator near me sell them so I'll need to look into it)
4 : Larger intake system
5 : EDS/ECU TALK
6 : remap

I need to find a good mechanic in geelong that can help me with all the above

MudRunnerTD
25th February 2018, 09:51 PM
thanks for the advice mate, much appreciated :)
My patrol was a family car for sometime just used for school runs and daily duties so I was lucky enough to pick it up in good condition
The family who had it moved from Dandenong south to hillside and all the kids had grown up so they no longer needed it.
I just had the car at my local pedders for a $28 brakes, steering and suspension safety check for peace of mind and they said the car was pretty clean.

Only issues picked were front/rear shocks recommend replacement (But I don't think they are bad as the car drives nice)
Leading arm and bushes torn so require replacement - cost $184
Drag link - $330
steering damper recommend replace due to age - $160
sway bar and bushes worn, require replacement - $26
front wheel bearing need adjusting - $?
tyres old recommend replacing which I intend to get new wheels soon enough
and a brake fluid flush is recommended...

Welcome to the forum mate. I'm in Geelong and happy to help you out any time mate.

How long have you had the car? Did you buy it from a dealer or private?

Who write the list above Mate? Everything on that list is a Roadworthy Requirement. If your RWC is LESS than 30 days old whoever signed that RWC is liable By Law to replace all of those items AT THEIR COST. The RWC License is on the line. I would be all over that mate.

The whole point of a RWC is to protect you from that list. If that list was written by another licensed Road Worthy Tester then the Signatory of the RWC is liable. If it was written by someone not licensed you can ask the question or take it somewhere and pay $50 for a RWC check then give the bloke the list tyo make good.

aleyn87
26th February 2018, 12:08 AM
Welcome to the forum mate. I'm in Geelong and happy to help you out any time mate.

How long have you had the car? Did you buy it from a dealer or private?

Who write the list above Mate? Everything on that list is a Roadworthy Requirement. If your RWC is LESS than 30 days old whoever signed that RWC is liable By Law to replace all of those items AT THEIR COST. The RWC License is on the line. I would be all over that mate.

The whole point of a RWC is to protect you from that list. If that list was written by another licensed Road Worthy Tester then the Signatory of the RWC is liable. If it was written by someone not licensed you can ask the question or take it somewhere and pay $50 for a RWC check then give the bloke the list tyo make good.

Brought it privately for 12k with 1 year reg and rwc..
There was two things picked on the rwc from what I've read
- L/H brake light not working and
- front wiper blade...

Then I went to vic roads and paid the fees.
The above list I just mentioned was from a pedders safety check I had done for peace of mind and they said overall the car is alright apart from a few things

aleyn87
26th February 2018, 12:16 AM
used this stuff yesterday when I filled up
Figured why not give it a go

MudRunnerTD
26th February 2018, 08:13 AM
- front wiper blade...

The above list I just mentioned was from a pedders safety check I had done for peace of mind and they said overall the car is alright apart from a few things

If the RWC is less than 30 days Old then i would be asking the RWC signatory to replace the following, this is not your problem. it certainly is His though. the whole point of buying with a RWC is that this stuff is in good order and you dont even need to check it. a Professional has put his name and License on the line stating that they are Road Worthy. VACC would take a very dim view.Give him a call and tell him about your list, he will magically invite you to bring it to him and he will make good, he has too much to loose.

Only issues picked were front/rear shocks recommend replacement Road Worthy Item

Leading arm and bushes torn so require replacement - cost $184 Road Worthy Item

Drag link - $330 What is wrong with it? ===> Road Worthy Item

steering damper recommend replace due to age - $160 Road Worthy Item only if it is knackered. age is not the deciding factor. unbolt one end and see if it restricts in both directions

sway bar and bushes worn, require replacement - $26 Road Worthy Item

front wheel bearing need adjusting - $? Road Worthy Item

tyres old recommend replacing which I intend to get new wheels soon enough Road Worthy Item if they were deems unroadworthy? not sure if Date is the factor though (Could be, I'm not a RW tester). Maybe Pedders wanted to sell you tyres.

and a brake fluid flush is recommended... Not technically a Road Worthy Item unless function is affected.

You have nothing to loose, the RWC Tester is not your friend but might be a mate of the seller. he should have done a better job. He knows his obligations. If he has done a dodgy RWC then put it on him. if your worried have a New RWC check done by someone local and present that back to the original tester and he will need it to PASS a RW with the New Tester. let the 2 testers figure it out. You purchased in Good Faith mate.

4bye4
27th February 2018, 10:28 AM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

MudRunnerTD
1st March 2018, 09:33 AM
- front wiper blade...

Hope you sorted it out mate, i was not busting your balls. Just trying to help. Hope you enjoy the form. Plenty to learn here and a great bunch of guys in Vic.

aleyn87
1st March 2018, 11:00 AM
It's okay mate. I just got an awning from BCF and we are going to try and fit it. I'll find a photo of it and upload it so use can see it :)

aleyn87
1st March 2018, 11:01 AM
here it is

MudRunnerTD
1st March 2018, 12:55 PM
here it is

Bargain. best part about that is it doesnt have a "Kings" tag on it. ;P

Rossco
1st March 2018, 02:10 PM
Bargain. best part about that is it doesnt have a "Kings" tag on it. ;PHere here, starting to make me sick everytime I see that logo everywhere now[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

aleyn87
11th March 2018, 03:52 AM
Oh really haha. I didnt think kings were that bad. My father not long got a new kings generator and it does the job.

Anyway the boys have gone to beachport, south australia for the long weekend. And I'm just kicking back at home. Really couldn't be bothered going there

Yeti's Beast
11th March 2018, 10:59 AM
I don’t think they meant Kings products are bad but that every man and his dog has a car with Kings written on it somewhere. Ie ; Kings side awnings.
Nice car you bought.

Not sure if it’s still open but when I lived in Geelong there used to be good 4x4 tracks out behind Anglesea across to Moriac and could drive down into the Otways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MudRunnerTD
11th March 2018, 01:29 PM
I don’t think they meant Kings products are bad but that every man and his dog has a car with Kings written on it somewhere. Ie ; Kings side awnings.
Nice car you bought.

Not sure if it’s still open but when I lived in Geelong there used to be good 4x4 tracks out behind Anglesea across to Moriac and could drive down into the Otways.

hahahaha nah i really did mean that Kings are Junk. :p

I was out with some lads until 5am this morning in that area......

I cant believe you did not go to Robe. Awesome 4wdriving on the Beach there. Love that place.

Yeti's Beast
11th March 2018, 01:39 PM
Back when I lived down there I didn’t own a fourby. We used to ride motor bikes out there. Lots of fun and a good way to stay fit.

aleyn87
12th March 2018, 04:50 AM
got my eyes on this on ebay

aleyn87
12th March 2018, 04:51 AM
also thinking of using franks auto electrical in north geelong for an alarm system fitted

MudRunnerTD
12th March 2018, 11:40 AM
got my eyes on this on ebay

Start a Build thread mate so it doesn't get lost in your intro thread.

That kit is sold by one of our member sponsors mudski anything you need to know he is your man.

aleyn87
14th March 2018, 04:17 AM
Start a Build thread mate so it doesn't get lost in your intro thread.

That kit is sold by one of our member sponsors mudski anything you need to know he is your man.

thanks mate. I'll start one now

aleyn87
14th March 2018, 04:33 AM
alright I've just started a thread so i'll stop posting in this one. thanks guys