PDA

View Full Version : TB 42 from GQ changing water hoses

Silver
10th May 2011, 06:29 PM
G'day,

I've done this job before on other engines, but would be grateful for tips and tricks to save skin, time and swearwords.

I have the 7 hoses required, 5 litres of concentrate anti corrosion/free2e/boil and 10 litres of demineralised water. Also new hose clamps all round.

Doing my best to grow some more elbows and wrists:clownredpuff:

AB
10th May 2011, 08:40 PM
Hopefully you'll get some other advice too but all I can say is get some good quality clamps rather then the crimping ones.

Tech Talk question...lol...Are you doing the one that looks like this "?" shape...lol....NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are doing that one, just curius where did you get it from?

XLR8
10th May 2011, 09:52 PM
Heater hoses under the manifold can be a pain to get to. If you run it up on ramps and get from underneath it is easier, otherwise the rest are straight forward. The missus compact mirror comes in handy for seeing what you're doing too :)

Silver
10th May 2011, 10:52 PM
Hopefully you'll get some other advice too but all I can say is get some good quality clamps rather then the crimping ones.

Tech Talk question...lol...Are you doing the one that looks like this "?" shape...lol....NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got them all from Nissan, except the thermostat bypass hose, which is 5/16" straight hose. That one does look to be in a difficult spot. Am thinking about replacing fan belts while I am at it, since I'll doubtless be taking them off.

Silver
11th May 2011, 11:35 AM

G'day AB, it has part # 14055-03J10

Silver
16th May 2011, 05:28 PM
Heater hoses under the manifold can be a pain to get to. If you run it up on ramps and get from underneath it is easier, otherwise the rest are straight forward. The missus compact mirror comes in handy for seeing what you're doing too :)

right, what an exercise in frustration this has been so far :-) the main hoses and the ? shaped hose were ok. the heater hoses going to and from the firewall are do-able but have not got to them yet.

There is another sneaky one, part # 14055M that goes from a metal hose that starts behind the thermostat housing, to the block side of the inlet manifold, under the PCV type hoses. Any tips for this one?

Has anyone bypassed the inlet manifold altogether?

Silver
17th May 2011, 09:37 AM
I've decided the mechanic and his hoist are going to be better than me doing this on the ground :-)