PDA

View Full Version : Extra securing an angle grinder

dom14
14th February 2018, 03:47 PM
Hey guys,

Is there a way(or rather necessity) to extra secure an angle grinder( a 100mm one in this case).

I mean once the switch is flicked on, it only disconnects if I drop it.

Why don't the smaller ones like 100mm don't have the switch like the 230mm one where you have to hold onto the switch for the thing to turn and can't lock it on the on position?!!

I am thinking about a 'braking system' & a switch similar to bigger ones where I have to hold onto it.

All these 'cos of getting an area of my palm well 'ground' accidentally, but luckily not a deep one that needed immediate immediate visit to the emergency.

Any ideas, thoughts? Or am I overthinking instead of being careful?
Is it a waste of time to extra secure with my own additions instead of being careful with it, 'cos the authorities would've made such safety things compulsory if there is a necessity for it?

Ben-e-boy
14th February 2018, 04:49 PM
I think you just need to man up and use common sense when grinding. Or don't use one at all. If you're worried about getting hurt when using it you're not thinking about the task at hand, then the likelihood of getting hurt increases because your mind is not on the job at hand

MB
14th February 2018, 05:08 PM
Rossco mate, was it Sparky Matty the other week that mentioned your old ripper Dewalt 240v 4” grinder style with trigger lock were now not allowed on big commercial sites here in Mexico? I think he also mentioned the thin 1mm cutting blades that we love were also either now or soon to be kicked off site too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rossco
14th February 2018, 05:14 PM
Rossco mate, was it Sparky Matty the other week that mentioned your old ripper Dewalt 240v 4” grinder style with trigger lock were now not allowed on big commercial sites here in Mexico? I think he also mentioned the thin 1mm cutting blades that we love were also either now or soon to be kicked off site too?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkRight you are Markie. Yeah I love both of them is great having a solid little toggle switch i reckon. . . Shes done a bit of grind'n that DeWalt . . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MB
14th February 2018, 06:29 PM
Me too mate! It does suck though they say picking ones schnoz with a thumb later in life, lol :-)

MB
14th February 2018, 06:30 PM
Apologies Dom mate, was referring to another bullbar cutting situation, lol :-)

dom14
14th February 2018, 11:24 PM
Apologies Dom mate, was referring to another bullbar cutting situation, lol :-)

No dramas, but next time you hijack one of my threads, you'll owe me a one non alcoholic stubby from ALDI, or even an alcoholic one on weekend, but that has to be a Carlton Dry. ;) :cheers:

dom14
14th February 2018, 11:25 PM
I think you just need to man up and use common sense when grinding. Or don't use one at all. If you're worried about getting hurt when using it you're not thinking about the task at hand, then the likelihood of getting hurt increases because your mind is not on the job at hand

Thanx for your comment mate, and you're right but you also have enough experience to tell me whether one of my key questions has any point to it, which is quoted below.

"Why don't the smaller ones like 100mm have a switch like the 230mm one where you have to hold onto the switch for the thing to turn and can't lock it on the on position?!!"
Or can lock into position, but as an additional choice.

I do get it. Thinking about having 'braking system on a small 100mm grinder is probably bit over the top safety thinking. :), but don't you think it makes more sense for 100mm ones to have a switch like the 230mm ones. I think it helps the damn thing slowing down while it accidentally grinds you 'cos you automatically let go the hold of the switch(I presume as a natural reaction).

After the accident, I'm more comfortable with the damn big 230mm than the small 100mm one, which is of course in my head, but that the way it is for now. :1087:

You'are also right about attention. Angle grinder demands total attention. It's not a good tool for day dreamers(which I am sometime).
It's better to practice the imagination game of the mind without an angle grinder or a circular saw in my hand.

But, are you guys also aware it is NO rocket science to integrate a simple braking mechanism to bigger ones like 230mm? I reckon they haven't done that 'cos there can be concerns about the wheel stopping too quickly when the switch is released, depending on the grinding job(particularly the cutting disc jobs). Chainsaws already have that braking mechanism and a damn good idea considering the job they do, but the circular saw doesn't. All for reasons I reckon. I'm just bit late at picking up I reckon.

Ben-e-boy
15th February 2018, 05:17 PM
Thanx for your comment mate, and you're right but you also have enough experience to tell me whether one of my key questions has any point to it, which is quoted below.

"Why don't the smaller ones like 100mm have a switch like the 230mm one where you have to hold onto the switch for the thing to turn and can't lock it on the on
Some already do and have been commercially available for some time.

You'are also right about attention. Angle grinder demands total attention. It's not a good tool for day dreamers(which I am sometime).
It's better to practice the imagination game of the mind without an angle grinder or a circular saw in my hand.

But, are you guys also aware it is NO rocket science to integrate a simple braking mechanism to bigger ones like 230mm? I reckon they haven't done that 'cos there can be concerns about the wheel stopping too quickly when the switch is released, depending on the grinding job(particularly the cutting disc jobs). Chainsaws already have that braking mechanism and a damn good idea considering the job they do, but the circular saw doesn't. All for reasons I reckon. I'm just bit late at picking up I reckon.

Not rocket science? Righto.
Firstly. Chainsaws aren't really a true direct drive as such. They have a clutch, used with a steel band breaking system to stop the bar very quickly.
Secondly. Some circular saws and mitre saws etc have electical breaking. That does not stop it instantly but it does stop quicker than just ramping down. Have also been commercially available for some time.
Thirdly. If you're that worried about a mechanically latching switch mech and too tight to buy a proper one, pull the swich off and file down the catch so it can't physically lock........
None of that is rocket science.

dom14
15th February 2018, 08:31 PM
Not rocket science? Righto.
Firstly. Chainsaws aren't really a true direct drive as such. They have a clutch, used with a steel band breaking system to stop the bar very quickly.
Secondly. Some circular saws and mitre saws etc have electical breaking. That does not stop it instantly but it does stop quicker than just ramping down. Have also been commercially available for some time.
Thirdly. If you're that worried about a mechanically latching switch mech and too tight to buy a proper one, pull the swich off and file down the catch so it can't physically lock........
None of that is rocket science.

Why didn't you say so in the first place? :)
I can do that with the existing one, and get rid of one of my above complaints.
I'm onto it. :D
About the braking system idea, I'm gonna leave that to another genius to work it out and sell it to
the manufacturers. ;)

Ben-e-boy
15th February 2018, 09:43 PM
Why didn't you say so in the first place? :)
I can do that with the existing one, and get rid of one of my above complaints.
I'm onto it. :D
About the braking system idea, I'm gonna leave that to another genius to work it out and sell it to
the manufacturers. ;)

I'm going to be blunt.
I didn't say it in the first place because I don't believe you should be anywhere near a grinder until you get to a night school or the like and get taught how to do stuff properly.
I've been reading your threads on the other forum (and here obviously) Those trailer welds on that trailer you take on the road around other people, 3 pairs of gloves, 2 pairs being rubber, to use a grinder, Synthetic material on the skin whilst doing hot work is insanity. That's some recent examples.
I'm trying to make this post as blunt and straightforward as possible whilst remaining constructive. You are a safety hazard to yourself and others around you. You need proper training, before you badly hurt yourself or an innocent bystander

Avo
15th February 2018, 11:23 PM
I'm going to be blunt.
I didn't say it in the first place because I don't believe you should be anywhere near a grinder until you get to a night school or the like and get taught how to do stuff properly.
I've been reading your threads on the other forum (and here obviously) Those trailer welds on that trailer you take on the road around other people, 3 pairs of gloves, 2 pairs being rubber, to use a grinder, Synthetic material on the skin whilst doing hot work is insanity. That's some recent examples.
I'm trying to make this post as blunt and straightforward as possible whilst remaining constructive. You are a safety hazard to yourself and others around you. You need proper training, before you badly hurt yourself or an innocent bystander

i'll drink to that

Clunk
15th February 2018, 11:51 PM
I'm going to be blunt.
I'm trying to make this post as blunt and straightforward as possible whilst remaining constructive. You are a safety hazard to yourself and others around you. You need proper training, before you badly hurt yourself or an innocent bystanderI think the lack of meat in ones diet is a major contributing factor

threedogs
16th February 2018, 02:07 PM
A 5" grinder will do most jobs with ease.
A 9" is a weapon in the wrong hands and can do terrible damage
I use my 4" for a flap disc just to save a few pennies
and my 5" mainly with a 1mm cut off wheel hardly use any of them to
grind these days. my go to is my 5" Makita for flap disc or cut off wheel

dom14
16th February 2018, 03:28 PM
i'll drink to that

Me too. :cheers:

dom14
16th February 2018, 03:30 PM
A 5" grinder will do most jobs with ease.
A 9" is a weapon in the wrong hands and can do terrible damage
I use my 4" for a flap disc just to save a few pennies
and my 5" mainly with a 1mm cut off wheel hardly use any of them to
grind these days. my go to is my 5" Makita for flap disc or cut off wheel

I don't have a 5" one yet, but working on getting a one.
I 'realized', a cordless one may be better and even safer, even though they are hell lot dearer?

dom14
16th February 2018, 03:38 PM
I'm going to be blunt.

Thanx for the blunt comment mate.
There are no 'innocent' bystanders around me. I'm the only guy around me when I use power tools, honestly.

As for the trailer comment, thanx for doing the home work and pointing out the above tips.
I'll retire synthetic material with power tool work after your warning above.

Rossco
16th February 2018, 04:46 PM
I don't have a 5" one yet, but working on getting a one.
I 'realized', a cordless one may be better and even safer, even though they are hell lot dearer?Cordless ones are handy for little jobs but not suited to any decent grinding where it will going for a bit. They probably both have just as much potential to cause damage / injury i would reckon. . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ben-e-boy
16th February 2018, 05:24 PM
Thanx for the blunt comment mate.
There are no 'innocent' bystanders around me. I'm the only guy around me when I use power tools, honestly.

As for the trailer comment, thanx for doing the home work and pointing out the above tips.
I'll retire synthetic material with power tool work after your warning above.

If you tow that piece of shit trailer on the road (don't forget you have a thread on THIS forum wanting it to carry more weight) there are innocent bystanders everywhere.
Don't forget you started a thread wanting to know about bog so you could cover up your horrendous welds, those pics are on the other forum aswell as this direct quote.

I just need something to direct highway cops eyes into short skirt chicks on the road than my beat up trailer.
Then there is the other side of an accident. These poor people who may not be accustomed to blood and guts may be in the wrong place at the wrong time to help you after you have seriously fucked yourself up or killed yourself, They will have to live with those images for a very long time. They're innocent.
You've also said in this very thread that you are a 'dreamer', yet you want to get behind the wheel of a heavy rigid. (Another thread on this forum)

What I am doing here is called 'Duty of Care'. Duty of care prevents more accidents and deaths than any of stupid control measures in this over the top Marxist safety culture we live in now where skilled people have to be treated like the dumbest knuckledraggers around because of people with delusions of fabrication grandeur.
I'm being harsh. That I do NOT and will NOT apologize for. Anyone reading this and scoffing at the way I have handled this thread from there moral high ground doing nothing are just as useless and very much apart of the problem. At least I have exercised my duty of care.

dom14
16th February 2018, 08:01 PM
If you tow that piece of shit trailer on the road (don't forget you have a thread on THIS forum wanting it to carry more weight) there are innocent bystanders everywhere.
Don't forget you started a thread wanting to know about bog so you could cover up your horrendous welds, those pics are on the other forum aswell as this direct quote.
Then there is the other side of an accident. These poor people who may not be accustomed to blood and guts may be in the wrong place at the wrong time to help you after you have seriously fucked yourself up or killed yourself, They will have to live with those images for a very long time. They're innocent.
You've also said in this very thread that you are a 'dreamer', yet you want to get behind the wheel of a heavy rigid. (Another thread on this forum)

What I am doing here is called 'Duty of Care'. Duty of care prevents more accidents and deaths than any of stupid control measures in this over the top Marxist safety culture we live in now where skilled people have to be treated like the dumbest knuckledraggers around because of people with delusions of fabrication grandeur.
I'm being harsh. That I do NOT and will NOT apologize for. Anyone reading this and scoffing at the way I have handled this thread from there moral high ground doing nothing are just as useless and very much apart of the problem. At least I have exercised my duty of care.

Yes, you're being harsh and in a pretty pointless way, 'cos I am non of those things you were painting me as above.
Your comments do have a point, except they are pointing at the wrong fella and in the wrong thread.
Dunno how much I've been contributing myself, but I'll have to watch that by trying to be bit more serious, but
then I fear I may piss off somebody else instead of you.
No problemo if you don't apologize for the harsh way you've treated this thread and my request for advice, but I have no problem with apologizing if I have in anyway ridiculed your skills or anybody's 'cos had I've done that, that was totally unintentional.

Some of you guys who may be suffering from "lack of actions and entertainment", please try to be bit more creative and open up your own threads to amuse yourself. There is plenty of room in the "general chat" section and existing threads for that kinda action.

As for Ben-e-boy, regardless of your harshness, most of your comments have been useful to me. For that, I give you:thumbup:. Please don't be concerned. I am not the person you see in few pictures, posts and comments.

Ben-e-boy
16th February 2018, 10:43 PM
Yes, you're being harsh and in a pretty pointless way, 'cos I am non of those things you were painting me as above.
Your comments do have a point,

except they are pointing at the wrong fella and in the wrong thread.
All my posts in this thread are based on your posts and your posts only, I could get really petty and post screenshots if you like or repost the photos that YOU have posted that support the points made? Or are you denying it on purpose to piss people off?

Dunno how much I've been contributing myself, but I'll have to watch that by trying to be bit more serious, but
then I fear I may piss off somebody else instead of you.
No problemo if you don't apologize for the harsh way you've treated this thread and my request for advice, but I have no problem with apologizing if I have in anyway ridiculed your skills or anybody's 'cos had I've done that, that was totally unintentional.

you can start with your rocket science comment on the previous page. I find that hard to believe it was unintentional. To ask for advice and the go on about how simple it is to rectify when you didn't even know how to do it or completely understand the point you were trying to make. That's not the first time that has happened either. Is that also a deliberate act to piss people off?

As for Ben-e-boy, regardless of your harshness, most of your comments have been useful to me. For that, I give you:thumbup:. Please don't be concerned. I am not the person you see in few pictures, posts and comments.

Pointless way? Nope. Tough but fair and straight to the point, and those points have merit. A pointless way would have been to sugar coat it. You'll likely just ignore this like you do with so many other peoples advice when it doesnt match what you want to hear anyway.

dom14
17th February 2018, 11:38 AM
Pointless way? Nope. Tough but fair and straight to the point, and those points have merit. A pointless way would have been to sugar coat it. You'll likely just ignore this like you do with so many other peoples advice when it doesnt match what you want to hear anyway.

If you wanna calm down a bit & post those things in the relevant threads, then it's ok.
The rest of the complaints about me asking for advice and then not taking it need to be posted in the relevant threads.
Or if you already have done that in those relevant threads, then lets forget and move on.
It is my responsibility to follow up with the advice or suffer the consequences, not yours.

If you really do give a damn about your "duty of care" for me & 'bystanders', then by all means do take all the necessary
actions except posting stuff here that are totally unrelated to this thread. Those threads you mentioned are still active if you wanna have a crack at me or there always are PMs. If you PM, I'll let you know my personal details, so you can personally tell me and show me my idiocy by showing up at my place, assuming you do carry that "duty of care" for me and bystanders as much as you say you do.

So no keyboard fart battles here please mate. Constructive criticism & advice only. If the person don't take your advice that they ask for, then try not taking it too personally.

Below are the things I am interested in discussing.

https://www.pfonline.com/products/metabo-instant-brake-angle-grinders-improve-safety

http://www.bosch-presse.de/pressportal/de/en/bosch-professional-angle-grinders-with-brake-system-42538.html

https://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/209972/ISBN-Safe-use-of-angle-grinders-2011-03.pdf

I opened the thread as a light hearted discussion to find out why the angle grinders not having a braking system and I more or less got the answers I require from you and others, as well as answering my own questions myself as a part of the brainstorming process, hence the reason I enjoy these discussions.

We've already dealt with the topic a fair bit in this thread and that's with your help, obviously.

So, lets not continue irrelevant conversations in this thread. This is my last post replying to you, unless it is about angle grinders safety & their braking systems.

dom14
17th February 2018, 11:44 AM
I am considering kevlar safety gloves with angle grinder handling & similar stuff.

Are they any good or recommended?

dom14
17th February 2018, 12:02 PM
http://www.safetyandhealthmagazine.com/articles/safety-at-hand-use-the-right-glove-for-proper-protection-4

the evil twin
17th February 2018, 12:24 PM
Because you live in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Victoria, legislation undoubtedly says you need to use one of these https://www.google.com.au/search?q=eod+suit&num=30&client=firefox-b&dcr=0&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwimu4iK6qvZAhVMH5AKHe4mClgQsAQIOA&biw=1317&bih=923#imgrc=yMgkP-iAvmq7HM:

But get in and get the Grinding done quick... you won't have enough power soon and the proletariat will be banned from using what little amount is available.

In the free state of WA we don't use any gloves with Angle Grinders 'cause we are tougher than 10 month old sun dried Wombat Turd and we learnt to try and avoid hitting any flesh 'cause it wears the grinding disc out too quick.

Bottom line as always is if in doubt try using your head

garett
17th February 2018, 12:48 PM
if you not sure about using an angle grinder may i suggest you use one of these. https://www.dlsweb.rmit.edu.au/toolbox/electrotech/toolbox1204/resources/03workshop/05hand_tools/08files.htm
much safer, more accurate and saves power.

dom14
17th February 2018, 01:00 PM
if you not sure about using an angle grinder may i suggest you use one of these. https://www.dlsweb.rmit.edu.au/toolbox/electrotech/toolbox1204/resources/03workshop/05hand_tools/08files.htm
much safer, more accurate and saves power.

thank you. More smartarse comments are all I need.
Didn't you read the heading of the thread? Or are you also having a hissy fit and looking for action that's lacking in your Saturday at home? A nice constructive thread that should be about angle grinder safety has turned into a shit battle, and you have no trouble
adding more shit into it, eh?

Ben-e-boy
17th February 2018, 01:05 PM
If you wanna calm down a bit & post those things in the relevant threads, then it's ok.
The rest of the complaints about me asking for advice and then not taking it need to be posted in the relevant threads. I will not be posting that in the many threads where this has occured.
Or if you already have done that in those relevant threads, then lets forget and move on. Many others have.
It is my responsibility to follow up with the advice or suffer the consequences, not yours. you're dam right it is

If you really do give a damn about your "duty of care" for me & 'bystanders', then by all means do take all the necessary
actions except posting stuff here that are totally unrelated to this thread. Those threads you mentioned are still active if you wanna have a crack at me or there always are PMs. If you PM, I'll let you know my personal details, so you can personally tell me and show me my idiocy by showing up at my place, assuming you do carry that "duty of care" for me and bystanders as much as you say you do.

for the simple fact that I bothered to waste my time telling you that you are a hazard and need proper training whilst others say nothing means I take it very seriously. Duty of care means "A moral or Legal obligation to ensure the saftey or well being of others. Just because you don't want to hear it doesn't mean it is not true. Who the hell are you to compare my attitude to safety with the basis of spending thousands of dollars to get to the other end of the country to give you free lessons. That is really piss poor. The simple fact that I and others have used the term proper training should be saying something

So no keyboard fart battles here please mate. Constructive criticism & advice only. If the person don't take your advice that they ask for, then try not taking it too personally.
keyboards battle? Ha! My points are short, sharp, direct and constructive. Constructive criticism doesnt mean coated in sugar.

Below are the things I am interested in discussing.

https://www.pfonline.com/products/metabo-instant-brake-angle-grinders-improve-safety

http://www.bosch-presse.de/pressportal/de/en/bosch-professional-angle-grinders-with-brake-system-42538.html

https://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/209972/ISBN-Safe-use-of-angle-grinders-2011-03.pdf

There is not much to discuss on that. If you want a braked grinder, buy one. Like I said on the previous page, they have been commercially available for some time. You do not have the ability to make one yourself.

I opened the thread as a light hearted discussion to find out why the angle grinders not having a braking system and I more or less got the answers I require from you and others, as well as answering my own questions myself as a part of the brainstorming process, hence the reason I enjoy these discussions.

We've already dealt with the topic a fair bit in this thread and that's with your help, obviously.

So, lets not continue irrelevant conversations in this thread. This is my last post replying to you, unless it is about angle grinders safety & their braking systems.

it is all relevant. You, power tools, accidents, reinvention of wheels, common sence and skills.
This thread is all about safety, it's all relevant. You have multiple threads on multiple forums
All this is is another tool for you to get out of spending money to do something and do it the nastiest way possible for free.

dom14
17th February 2018, 01:08 PM
FYI, I couldn't give rat's arse about what laws they have about power tools safety & what is allowed and what is not.
I opened the damn thread to discuss a DAMN TECHNICAL ISSUE of possibilities.

NOT DAMN POLITICAL BULLSHIT any off you wanna discuss.

I simply should've googled instead of opening this bullshit here. I get it.

Ben-e-boy
17th February 2018, 01:14 PM
FYI, I couldn't give rat's arse about what laws they have about power tools safety & what is allowed and what is not.

And there it is. You give a rats about the laws of what you can and can't do with power tools. Yet still have the hide to question other people on their attitude

dom14
17th February 2018, 01:15 PM
it is all relevant. You, power tools, accidents, reinvention of wheels, common sence and skills.
This thread is all about safety, it's all relevant. You have multiple threads on multiple forums
All this is is another tool for you to get out of spending money to do something and do it the nastiest way possible for free.

I couldn't give a rat's arse about your damn maxist bullshit or political crap baggage.
And I have multiple threads in multiple forums 'cos I choose to do so and I have balls to do it.
You don't like it, don't read it the damn threads and find a better damn hobby.

dom14
17th February 2018, 01:21 PM
And there it is. You give a rats about the laws of what you can and can't do with power tools. Yet still have the hide to question other people on their attitude

Who's hiding?. You're the gutless one having a go at me from whatever the bullshit reason instead of developing some balls between your legs and take it out at home. I offered you to come to my place and show me your "expertise" and point what I should and shouldn't do, 'cos you were going on and on about the damn "DUTY OF CARE".

So, if you have balls, come over and do it. Show your damn "DUTY OF CARE" or find a better hobby.

Avo
17th February 2018, 01:53 PM
You're a fucking troll dom nearly every one of your posts turns to shit you ask a question and quote the fuck out of people when you dont agree .....go eat a fucking steak and man the fuck up ....hate seeing your name even got you on ignore list so i cannot see the dribble you constantly post. ...youd be the first person to question such helpful advice ...or constructive critizm..... ...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ben-e-boy
17th February 2018, 03:06 PM
Firstly I said hide. Not hiding. 2 different word with 2 different meanings. My short sharp attitude displayed in this thread is a direct reflection of the attitude I display for such crap in real life. You accusing people of being gutless and not having the balls to do anything just means you are clutching at straws.
I have made my points clear.

the evil twin
17th February 2018, 04:23 PM
Jeez Dom, did you get a bad bunch of Kale or something.

Anyway, happy to help you get the thread back onto "extra securing an angle grinder" so the Sudanese Gangs can't pinch it I assume?
My suggestion is, after returning from the Hospital is lock it in the Shed and don't use it again until after the skin grafts heal.

Actually, I don't know anyone, up until now, who has been attacked by a Grinder they were holding (disintegrating discs, yes, but the Grinder they were holding, no) and my world acclaimed treatise in Aspects of Rocketry Sciences when managing Gyroscopic Precession due to uncommanded braking of High Speed non-Orbital Tooling is banned by the P.D.R.V. so will be of no help.

Anyway, I'm off to rearrange my sock draw, let me know how it all turns out.

Clunk
17th February 2018, 08:00 PM
Love, love, love
Love, love, love
Love, love, love

There's nothing you can do that can't be done
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung
Nothing you can say, but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy
Nothing you can make that can't be made
No one you can save that can't be saved
Nothing you can do, but you can learn how to be you in time
It's easy

All you need is love, all you need is love
All you need is love, love, love is all you need

All you need is love

There's nothing you can know that isn't known
Nothing you can see that isn't shown
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
It's easy

All you need is love, all you need is love
All you need is love (All together now)
All you need is love (Everybody)
Love is all you need
Love is all you need
Love is all you need
Love is all you need
Love is all you need
Love is all you need
Love is all you need
Love is all you need
Love is all you need
Love is all you need
Love is all you need

Oh and I've found a bit of meat from time to time also helps

growler2058
17th February 2018, 08:20 PM
Ok team nissan. Ive been asked to look at this thread. Locking it till I can get a chance to read it all. NOTE: Not deleted chaps!

dom14
18th February 2018, 01:24 PM
This is what I've come across by googling about angle grinders and latest safety improvements.
And this may be of importance to guys who does DIY work using them.
I am sure professionals know how to handle them with care and diligence, but rookies, youngsters get
injured by power tools all the time.
My solution is to stick with the ones with better safety features as I am not a professional user.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8SIXxyhz_A

NissanGQ4.2
18th February 2018, 01:42 PM
I think you should stop googling about things

Place your bets people

Clunk
18th February 2018, 01:50 PM
Really Dom, why don't you just start up your own webpage, then you can fill it with all your googling knowledge to your hearts content..... Meat free and all

growler2058
19th February 2018, 05:12 AM
thank you. More smartarse comments are all I need.
Didn't you read the heading of the thread? Or are you also having a hissy fit and looking for action that's lacking in your Saturday at home? A nice constructive thread that should be about angle grinder safety has turned into a shit battle, and you have no trouble
adding more shit into it, eh?

That was pretty funny ya got to admit :)

Dom and here lays the problem. Your attitude to safety...................bit like Todds really :)

Who's hiding?. You're the gutless one having a go at me from whatever the bullshit reason instead of developing some balls between your legs and take it out at home. I offered you to come to my place and show me your "expertise" and point what I should and shouldn't do, 'cos you were going on and on about the damn "DUTY OF CARE".

So, if you have balls, come over and do it. Show your damn "DUTY OF CARE" or find a better hobby.

I think you should stop googling about things
Safety dude of the year................something Toddy will never get accused of bwahahahaha

Place your bets people

Dom you're very aggressive when people are trying to help. I'll unlock this thread as some good may come from it. Please google angle grinder injuries and also pay attention to the road traffic act. Ive seen the photos of your welds on that trailer and I hope you're taking the piss. If you kill someone towing with that you will go to gaol. In fact someone should ring vic roads or whoever the regulatory authority is in Mexico and have that thing defected and cashed in for scrap.

Maxhead
19th February 2018, 06:15 AM
Here we go,

AB
19th February 2018, 06:35 AM
Ok folks, going too far now, had to edit, thread closed....