PDA

View Full Version : central locking

Pete49
14th February 2018, 12:04 AM
Guys I would like to know if I can change the drivers side key central locking to a fob based system and what would I need if it can be done.
Its one of the changes I'm looking at doing once the clutch is replaced. Any pros or cons with that idea? I should have that out in the next day or so as the 40C+ days have kept me away from it. Also looking at a rear draw system.
I tow a teardrop when I travel around as I find it the better option than caravan or camper trailer.
Cheer
Pete

MudRunnerTD
14th February 2018, 12:24 AM
Hi Pete,

I installed an after market alarm for my GUIV and this came with much better fobs than the Nissan supplied units and i have a much better range with them. Very happy with the change and the added security.

As for the drawers. I Hate 4WD SuperCentre with a passion but i'd buy their rear drawers if i needed some as they are bargain basement and made of steal! cant really walk passed them.

Evo
14th February 2018, 12:41 AM
Hi Pete,

I bought the central locking unit with 2 x remotes off ebay for under $20.
Then all I needed was the master actuator for the driver door as mine didnt have it (key only central locking). Was about $10 from Jaycar.
Unit came with instructions, easy to do yourself in a couple of hours if you are handy with a soldering iron and a screwdriver.
This was in a 1998 GU ST.

Pete49
14th February 2018, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the info fellas. I'll keep it in mind when I go for the changes. I was looking at the 4wd supercentre drawers but was wary as they seemed too cheap. I might just keep an eye on them.
Pete