PDA

View Full Version : Our Gq from CQ!!

Gqness
10th February 2018, 09:49 PM
Hey all.

Husband and I purchased our GQ off of my father. Been in my family for 20+ years. Thought it was a good buy until we started cleaning it up. My dad is abit of a bush mechanic.. Anyway we found alot of rust like drivers side floor was almost extinct. Got all that fixed thinking it was all sweet... Until we started doing stuff in engine bay and found more around the firewall. Found another gq roller with the plan to swap everything over eventually. So we were getting the roller sorted out before the swap. Then one night we had our running gq stolen from our place. It was found a few days later but the thieves made a mess of her. Which in turn hastened our swap. We got the swap done in less than 2 months. Alot of late nights were involved. Here is how she stands now. Looks good, goes well Td42+t. Still have a few things to do before she is properly finished but we are just glad we have her back on the road.

When we first got her

What she looked like set up

When she was found after been stolen. Turbo let go. We are lucky an ic pipe blew off. So much oil everywhere. She took 4 litres of oil :(

After the chassis swap. Still abit to go.

GQtdauto
10th February 2018, 09:58 PM
Welcome , in the old days they knew how to deal with horse rustlers .

Gqness
10th February 2018, 10:03 PM
Thanks mate. Just glad it was found and not a burnt out shell :(

Avo
10th February 2018, 10:14 PM
welcome to the forum

AB
11th February 2018, 07:10 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

TrollinAround
11th February 2018, 10:34 AM
Lucky you got her back so quickly.. looks great now. Welcome.

Dhuck
11th February 2018, 02:04 PM
Welcome to the forum mate