PDA

View Full Version : GU TD42 boost control

Tip12345
4th February 2018, 09:50 PM
Hi All just doing some more work on my GU ii .
What does a turbo boost control do ? id it a pressure regulator or what ?
In the process of fitting 3" Exhaust .and a front mount inter-cooler 700mmx 400 x75
I hope it is worth the effort . I will then have the pump and injectors re- built .
then onto the dyno and c what we get .
I am not expecting too much but hope for some improvements.
Both in Power and fuel economy. I am not sure what expect .
Have already front locker diff which is fantastic .

Rossco
5th February 2018, 05:52 AM
Hey mate, yeah boost controller is pretty much a pressure regulator which will adjust what pressure goes to the wastegate actuator and hence when it opens.

What turbo are you running, would think that it will all be worth it should see some reasonable gains as long as it's tuned by someone who knows what they are doing. The front mounts are a good way to go i reckon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tip12345
5th February 2018, 07:29 AM
yes the tuning is the easy part . I do the machine work for a local Diesel shop that has a Dyno and all the good toys ( Cooma Diesel )
I will run a standard Turbo and see how it goes .
I am thinking about removing the head to have a look at the valve seats as they samto have a bit of trouble with the seats wearing out . I have adjusted the valves they were a bit tight !
oh well this toy keeps me busy ..

mudski
5th February 2018, 07:21 PM
yes the tuning is the easy part . I do the machine work for a local Diesel shop that has a Dyno and all the good toys ( Cooma Diesel )
I will run a standard Turbo and see how it goes .
I am thinking about removing the head to have a look at the valve seats as they samto have a bit of trouble with the seats wearing out . I have adjusted the valves they were a bit tight !
oh well this toy keeps me busy ..

I was in Cooma three weeks ago. Well, passing through...

TimE
5th February 2018, 08:10 PM
I was in Cooma three weeks ago. Well, passing through...

Funny thing is Cooma Diesel is in Fyshwick Canberra !!

Tip12345
5th February 2018, 08:59 PM
Yes started in cooma