PDA

View Full Version : Front Passenger door doesnt always shut

simple83
30th January 2018, 08:55 PM
I picked up a 2003 patrol a week ago and the front passenger door is very temperamental in regards to shutting. Sometimes it shuts with no problems. Other times it doesnt shut and just bounces back open. To resolve it when it doesnt want to shut at the moment it has to be kinda slammed so that it does shut but i dont waa have to continue doing this.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Im going to try and have a look at the locking mechanism on the weekend so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance!

Clunk
30th January 2018, 11:15 PM
The issue might well be the door locking mechanism itself. It'll probably crap itself completely. Bugger of a job to replace.

Avo
30th January 2018, 11:31 PM
The issue might well be the door locking mechanism itself. It'll probably crap itself completely. Bugger of a job to replace.

thought they just locked ya in,,ask Growler

Lawrence
31st January 2018, 01:06 AM
The locking mechanism on the body is adjustable. Adjusted mine over the weekend. A lot of times the hinges wear and the door starts to drop. Eventually you may have to repair the hinges, but in the mean time. the adjustment is an easy fix.

simple83
31st January 2018, 07:51 AM
The locking mechanism on the body is adjustable. Adjusted mine over the weekend. A lot of times the hinges wear and the door starts to drop. Eventually you may have to repair the hinges, but in the mean time. the adjustment is an easy fix.

How is this adjustment done????

The hinges on drivers door have dropped but it still shuts everytime.

simple83
31st January 2018, 07:53 AM
thought they just locked ya in,,ask Growler

Sometimes when it does shut it also locks you inside aswell. Forgot to mention that also.

mudnut
31st January 2018, 08:15 AM
I don't know if the passenger door lock is built the same as the drivers side, but this thread might help if the adjustment fails. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?36743-Now-The-Drivers-Door-Wont-Open!!!&highlight=door+lock+replacement

happygu
31st January 2018, 05:47 PM
Replace the door locking catch mechanism before it fails .... it is way too hard to get into it if it stops opening.

Others have had trouble with unlocking, and the locks failed soon after

simple83
31st January 2018, 08:05 PM
Replace the door locking catch mechanism before it fails .... it is way too hard to get into it if it stops opening.

Others have had trouble with unlocking, and the locks failed soon after

Is this an easy enough thing to do?

Cuppa
31st January 2018, 08:13 PM
Is this an easy enough thing to do?

Easy enough if you do it before it fails, but not a cheap part..... you just have to look on it as cheaper than the potential aggro involved if you don't do it.

Clunk
31st January 2018, 09:23 PM
Drivers door mech
https://patrolapart.com.au/product-search?criteria=Door+lock&association%5B1%5D=

I've just realised you said it was the passenger door. Might be an idea to give Patrolpart a call and see about that side. I could only see the actuator on their site