PDA

View Full Version : Newbie ....an intro..........Hi to all

Bigfly David
29th January 2018, 10:30 AM
Had my patrol since new build May 2002.... Ive got to say the most reliable Vehicle Ive ever owned...ever. I originally leased her but was so impressed I bought out the lease after 3 years. My previous 4WD land Cruiser Sahara Turbo had a great motor but there was always a leaking seal or air conditioner or something to spend money on

Only ever towed the boat I bought at the same time (2002) (4.55 Quintrex Top Ender) usual off-road use in that if there's a fishin' spot, I'm going to find it !!!
She ran 16 years as standard ,(except for all goodies bull bar,dual batteries snorkel) without any issue or part required, very regular maintenance, I use to change the oil between services (still get her serviced every 5000K) The old grenade ZD30 Di has did 245,000K without missing a single heartbeat

Then on the way to the Mainland she wouldn't climb hills (just before Xmas) , first thought it was a fuel issue , everything was closed so no help anywhere, used this (Thanks!!!) and other forums to check things like vacuum, inter cooler leaks etc but no joy but it was eventually tracked down to a faulty (but very clean) MAF sensor...(something Ive always done)

Now that scared me a bit (lot?) after some sleepless nights and after reading about NAD's etc.... Ive decided to fit the old girl out NAD's wise , as shes still in superb nic... besides a recent divorce has hit the pocket somewhat, but it means more fishing trips (In fact I like the Nissan so much Id probably keep her regardless).

GQtdauto
29th January 2018, 11:00 AM
Welcome mate ,we also have a 2002 no nads and still going strong so I'm wondering if it was maybe every vehicle made on a Friday or something that was to blame for the grenading.

4bye4
29th January 2018, 02:06 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

bennyp
29th January 2018, 02:29 PM
Welcome mate

AB
29th January 2018, 03:24 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Dhuck
29th January 2018, 07:30 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

MB TD42
30th January 2018, 01:05 AM
Gday Gday...welcome aboard.

threedogs
30th January 2018, 11:52 AM
Welcome to the forum, enjoy