PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard lights are very dim

Perkins58
27th January 2018, 09:58 AM
Hi guys
I have an ‘04 GU Patrol and noticed that the dashboard lights appear to be very dim. Even at night when my eyes have become adjusted to the dark. I have adjusted the rolling dimmer switch to maximum but this setting is similar to my old Xtrail on a dim setting. Is this normal for these models? Otherwise they all appear to be working well. I have only had the car for a couple of months so I’m still getting used to all of her habits and traits. Is there something I can check? Or can I upgrade anything? If not then I’ll put up with it.
Cheers
Paul

Yeti's Beast
27th January 2018, 11:01 AM
Yes my car is the same, they are very dull. It’s been covered in here before.
Do a search of old threads and you will see what others have done to fix, such as replacing with led’s
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

happygu
27th January 2018, 11:10 AM
I wouldn't say they are normally particularly dim, but they are designed to keep the light level low to make night driving easier on the eyes .... so you aren't constantly looking at dark, then bright, etc....

Perkins58
27th January 2018, 05:08 PM
Thanks happygu and yeti’s beast. Actually did search through the older threads as suggested. Lots of inf there. I'm glad I did start looking as now I have Lund a lot of led and electrical suppliers online. I think I will end up swapp Ng as many lights as I can to LED and also getting some extra lighting for outdoor and camping etc.
Thanks again.
Paul