PDA

View Full Version : Another grease monkey

Me-hanic Trav
26th January 2018, 07:30 AM
Hi guys, my name is Travis and I’m a diesel mechanic from Melbourne. I’ve been working on engines since the day I could pick up a spanner! My dad ran a diesel shop where we rebuilt engines gear box’s and diffs, we had a machine shop as well which kept everything in house and I was down there every school holidays since I was eight. I built my first engine when I was 10 for my Dodge back paddock basher, that was back in 85, it still runs like a beast today, some 33 years later and at least 100,000 doughnuts later, it would have spent 95% of its running life at full throttle. Every one of my mates and cousins learnt how to drive in the old dodge & whenever I speak to them one of the first questions I normally get asked is if I’ve still got it and if it still runs! Then Quickly followed up by “Shit, I’ve got tocome up to your joint and go for another drive”
Anyway, that’s enough rambling by me, hi to everyone and thanks for letting me join🍻👍

Hodge
26th January 2018, 08:22 AM
Welcome to the forum Trev.
Being a diesel mecho you'll make plenty of friends around here very quickly.

Do you drive a Patrol ?

GQtdauto
26th January 2018, 08:33 AM
Welcome mate and yes we don't have many diesel mechanics we can fire questions at .

Dhuck
26th January 2018, 09:21 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

4bye4
26th January 2018, 10:11 AM
G'day mate and welcome to he forum.

Me-hanic Trav
27th January 2018, 09:44 AM
My daily drive is a 1967 XR GT ute, thank god for company fuel cards! My wife drives the patrol, its a 04 GU ZD30, she is a horsey person (their all a little bit different).
Her horse float is just under 2 tonne empty, I'm regretting not buying a 4.2