PDA

View Full Version : G'day punters

JimInOz
22nd January 2018, 01:30 PM
Thank you for letting me join your forum. I have joined on behalf of my son (James jnr.) who currently has no internet connection! (good onya nbn). He is 19 and has purchased a 1999 GU 2.8TD patrol, which is his 1st 4wd and he is rather chuffed about it. Bog standard with a lift kit and muddies, I will post a piccy up of it when I get one in the next few days.

Unfortunately it will be residing at dear old dads residence for the next few days as it requires a fuel system flush out.............The young fellas working hard and hasn't got the spare time at the moment to do some work on it. I'm on holidays so I'll help him out. (More on that in a minute)

He is a good kid and he was helping out a mate who was "stuck", could he come and pull him out? In doing so (cos that's what mates do) he managed to drown his own vehicle!............resulting in the GU getting some water in the fuel..........So guess what dads doing for the next few days LOL! He can help me out after hours and get his hands dirty, a rookie mistake and lesson learned.

I'll give the fuel system a wash out and probably drop all of the fluids diff oil, engine oil etc. while I'm at it. I will also replace the power steering belt which looks more like a cat o nine tails than a belt!

Anyways people, I am no Nissan expert so I will be hitting you lot up with a few questions if we get stuck. Righto lets get this Patrol back patrolling.

Thanks again.

Cheers and best wishes.

Jim

Righto the beasty has arrived now, so as promised here is a pic of juniors GU :cheers:
http://imagehosting.io/image/l1n

GQtdauto
22nd January 2018, 02:18 PM
Welcome to the forum mate , always call the old man when in trouble .

JimInOz
22nd January 2018, 02:36 PM
Cheers GQ,

Yep, gotta give the old boy a call :>) LOL.

Gotta admit, I actually offered to help him out with it, felt sorry for the little bugger coz he was doing the right thing by a mate.

Cheers cob and thanks for the welcome.:thumbup:

AB
22nd January 2018, 05:35 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

JimInOz
22nd January 2018, 05:52 PM
Yep will do AB:smiley_thumbs_up:

Being a ....ahem....shuffling of feet.... ahem Tojo owner I'm not overly familiar with the Nissan bits. You have a great resource here, so thanks for the warm welcome and Jim junior (the Nissan man) and I appreciate it.

Cheers mate.

Jim & Jimmy jnr

Dhuck
23rd January 2018, 07:50 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

threedogs
23rd January 2018, 08:33 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum yellow, green, black, white all are welcome
best bit is enjoy yourself and ask anything you like

4bye4
23rd January 2018, 10:53 AM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.