PDA

View Full Version : Unknown ECU in left hand kick panel

cdogg
13th January 2018, 10:29 AM
I have a 93 manual diesel gq, have a ECU with 407901-3490 on it. Wondering what it does?

Clunk
13th January 2018, 10:40 AM
I have a 93 manual diesel gq, have a ECU with 407901-3490 on it. Wondering what it does?Is yours an auto by any chance?

Sorry just seen you said manual..... My eyes weren't quite open

Winnie
13th January 2018, 10:42 AM
Check out this post from a few years ago. Todd found it is an ECU. Not sure what its doing in a TD42 car though? Is it possible that your car has had an engine conversion done at some stage?

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=5768

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Clunk
13th January 2018, 11:24 AM
Check out this post from a few years ago. Todd found it is an ECU. Not sure what its doing in a TD42 car though? Is it possible that your car has had an engine conversion done at some stage?

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=5768

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkGood find Pooh.
Maybe an imported safari?...... Especially if Toddie found the info on an NZ site

NissanGQ4.2
13th January 2018, 12:17 PM
Winnie maybe it controls the injectors?

Winnie
13th January 2018, 12:21 PM
Winnie maybe it controls the injectors?They are mechanical.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

the evil twin
13th January 2018, 12:44 PM
Bit of a mystery eh...

IIRC to date those "ECU's" have only been seen on 24 Volt Safari and Terrano (overseas models).

GQtdauto
13th January 2018, 12:50 PM
I have a 93 manual diesel gq, have a ECU with 407901-3490 on it. Wondering what it does?

I don't think they'd put the TCU in unless it was going to be an auto but as far as I'm aware the only factory auto 4.2 td were 94 that's with Nissan Aust on the compliance plate .
Have seen one that had been converted to a manual so it's not impossible but the compliance plate will tell you country it was sent to and transmission it had .

the evil twin
13th January 2018, 01:00 PM
I don't think they'd put the TCU in unless it was going to be an auto but as far as I'm aware the only factory auto 4.2 td were 94 that's with Nissan Aust on the compliance plate .
Have seen one that had been converted to a manual so it's not impossible but the compliance plate will tell you country it was sent to and transmission it had .

Yeah, weird isn't it...

The TCU is on the side panel for the Autos (TB42 and TD42) and these mystery ECUs on the Safaris are by Zexel and are on the Firewall IIRC (might be wrong there).

The TB42Efi ECU is an Hitachi unit (or at least mine was)

GQtdauto
13th January 2018, 01:16 PM
Yeah, weird isn't it...

The TCU is on the side panel for the Autos (TB42 and TD42) and these mystery ECUs on the Safaris are by Zexel and are on the Firewall IIRC (might be wrong there).

The TB42Efi ECU is an Hitachi unit (or at least mine was)

I do have a TCU and another box I'm assuming ECU in the left side with wires going between the two although not sure what benefit the ECU would be , then again I've a memory like a sieve and too lazy to take everything out to check it out .

parelius
19th June 2018, 11:21 AM
Glowcontrol unit :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NissanGQ4.2
19th June 2018, 05:34 PM
Glowcontrol unit :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got more info mate, I still only find listings for an ECU but happy 2 be proven wrong