PDA

View Full Version : Gidday from Nastyman

nastyman
27th December 2017, 01:59 PM
Hi all, Nastyman here from Christchurch NZ. Having a bit of trouble pulling my front hubs apart to re-grease and tighten my wheel bearings so thought I'd check out the factory manual to see if I'm missing something obvious. 1990 GQ Safari with factory Auto hubs with manual locking as well. Looking forward to soaking up all the awesome info on this forum. Cheers

MB
27th December 2017, 02:08 PM
Welcome aboard from abroad mate! Plenty of knowledgeable blokes on here that can help you out if the manual download fails you. I do remember a few gurus here recommending not to over pack the grease once getting it all back together. May have been the free wheeling hubs though they mentioned. Search function on here is great, have a crack at keywords there as a lot of blokes will be off enjoying holidays. Cheers Mark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhuck
27th December 2017, 05:17 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

GQtdauto
27th December 2017, 08:15 PM
Welcome to the forum

4bye4
29th December 2017, 10:12 AM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

Bigcol
31st December 2017, 11:18 AM
welcome to the forum mate

AB
1st January 2018, 10:59 AM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

threedogs
1st January 2018, 04:30 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum, try and find MudRunnerTD thread on front bearing replacement
great write up with pic,

MudRunnerTD
4th January 2018, 07:14 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum, try and find MudRunnerTD thread on front bearing replacement
great write up with pic,

Welcome mate.

I have 2 Sticky threads at the top of the DIY Mechanical section

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?110-Mechanical

See the Wheel Bearing adjustment thread for the very simple task and the Swivel Hub Rebuild thread for a comprehensive strip down and rebuild.

Any dramas please post questions in those threads.

Welcome to the forum.

Avo
4th January 2018, 08:24 PM
welcome to the forum