PDA

View Full Version : Hello Patrons :)

Karlos
13th December 2017, 10:48 AM
Hi folks,
I have just bought a GQ 1997 2.8td with 136.000km on the clock
it is absolute stock and looks like its brand new, which i am absolutely stoked about.
I plan to keep it for a long long time. I have not been off road yet (with my new baby) but so far I do like it more then the toyota 80 series (my previews 4wd).

This are the modifications that I would like to do over time (prioritized from top to bottom):

-3" exhaust (already ordered)
-blanking EGR (blanking plate ordered) mainly to safe fuel and get the turbo faster on
-Snorkel, not sure if I should go for a safari which are very expensive or some no brand for 1/3 of the price. Please let me know if someone of you has experience in this?
-2in lift, flexy coils to have more traction when climbing
-33in Tyre
-Winch. I do have a steel bar but without the winch whole, was wondering whats the best option to get one on, modify the bar or get a new one (used one) ?

I am looking to make the GQ 2.8td as powerful ass possible, any tips are welcome.

Something about me: German brand, build in 1985, love 4wd, camping and fishing (not hard core fisher just when I camp). This is my second 4dw ever and I am fairly new to this. Mainly got the 4x4 to get to places.

By the way I am from Perth

Thank you

Cheers

Karlos

4bye4
13th December 2017, 12:38 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

Dhuck
13th December 2017, 06:13 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

GQtdauto
13th December 2017, 06:23 PM
From Perth you're spoiled for choice mate and welcome to the forum .

AB
13th December 2017, 06:35 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and congrats on the new beast!

Jarrodtorpy
18th December 2017, 11:59 AM
G'day mate welcome to the forum

DX grunt
18th December 2017, 12:42 PM
G'day Karlos

Welcome to the forum and glad another Sandgroper could join us.

Take care out there.

Rossco