PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Perkins58
9th December 2017, 04:04 PM
Hi all to all on this forum. I just want to introduce myself a bit.
I went shopping for a mid-size vehicle with my wife. I want to start exploring WA more and get of the main roads, camping and exploring. We looked at many - Tritons, Challengers, etc etc and my wife picked a lovely 2004 GU 3.0 Patrol ST-L to sit in and said it was “nice”. A few days later it’s sitting in my driveway! So far I’m absolutely loving it.
She’s had a full check up with a clean bill of health and new tyres and shocks. I found some extras on her - Polyair bags in the rear, electronic braking system of some kind, dual batteries. She has a UHF radio I discovered the unit behind the air outlet in the drivers footwell. But no mike and the plate was missing so I can’t use it oh well I’ll just have to get a new replacement for her 😬.
Yesterday I found a compressor on Gumtree for $80 so I can adjust air pressure for beach and off road. I think I will have to slow down a bit as there are so many things I want to get for her.
My previous vehicle was (I still have it) a Nissan Xtrail. And before that I had a Suzuki Sierra for many years and loved it. The kids grew a bit too big for the back if it so I donated her to a mate for beach use.
Anyway I enjoy reading the items about Patrols and your stories. I look forward to getting some hints and tips from you guys.

Cheers

Paul

GQtdauto
9th December 2017, 05:59 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Perkins58
9th December 2017, 07:54 PM
Thanks GQtdauto 👍

AB
9th December 2017, 08:17 PM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the beast!

Feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perkins58
9th December 2017, 11:22 PM
Thanks AB. yes she is certainly a lovely beast 😜

Avo
9th December 2017, 11:34 PM
welcome to the forum...there's a few guys from perth here somewhere..just watch ouit for the cranky old bastard...

Dhuck
10th December 2017, 08:21 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Perkins58
10th December 2017, 09:43 AM
welcome to the forum...there's a few guys from perth here somewhere..just watch ouit for the cranky old bastard...

Thanks for the welcome. I’ll keep an eye out for the others from WA.

Which Cranky old bastard?

Perkins58
10th December 2017, 09:44 AM
Thanks Dhuck :)

4bye4
13th December 2017, 12:35 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

welcome to the forum...there's a few guys from perth here somewhere..just watch ouit for the cranky old bastard... Which one Avo ?

Avo
13th December 2017, 12:51 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.
Which one Avo ?More than one is there.....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Jarrodtorpy
18th December 2017, 11:54 AM
G'day mate welcome to the forum

DX grunt
18th December 2017, 12:49 PM
G'day Paul

Welcome to the forum and great to see another Sandgroper here.

I hope I'm the one not referred to as the C.O.B. lol

There's a dedicated Patrol club in WA, called the Western Patrol Club, of which I'm a Country Member. Check it out if you're keen.

I've got a 05 ex Telstra ute with a pod on the back, with more fruit than a grocery shop and more recovery gear than a 4wd shop - designed for remote camping/fishing.

Hope to catch up in the near future.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Perkins58
21st December 2017, 09:31 AM
G'day mate welcome to the forum

Hi Jarrodtorpy
Good to be here. I’m loving my “new” Patrol. Still getting used to her :)
Cheers
Paul

Perkins58
21st December 2017, 09:56 AM
G'day Paul

Welcome to the forum and great to see another Sandgroper here.

I hope I'm the one not referred to as the C.O.B. lol

There's a dedicated Patrol club in WA, called the Western Patrol Club, of which I'm a Country Member. Check it out if you're keen.

I've got a 05 ex Telstra ute with a pod on the back, with more fruit than a grocery shop and more recovery gear than a 4wd shop - designed for remote camping/fishing.

Hope to catch up in the near future.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Hi Rossco
Thanks for the welcome and I will check out the local club. Must admit to not being a club type of person. It would be good to learn some local knowledge though. I have lots of questions about my Patrol such as about doing the NADS upgrades and just generally getting into using the car off road. Not really wanting extreme off roading but want to be able to venture out and explore without too much worry.
I have always liked the look of the Utes but ended up with the wagon. She is beautiful though! Do you have any pics of yours?
Cheers
Paul

DX grunt
21st December 2017, 08:58 PM
Hi Rossco
Thanks for the welcome and I will check out the local club. Must admit to not being a club type of person. It would be good to learn some local knowledge though. I have lots of questions about my Patrol such as about doing the NADS upgrades and just generally getting into using the car off road. Not really wanting extreme off roading but want to be able to venture out and explore without too much worry.
I have always liked the look of the Utes but ended up with the wagon. She is beautiful though! Do you have any pics of yours?
Cheers
Paul

Not since Photobucket wouldn't post any of my pics. lol.

Gotta get my build thread sorted with lots of pics.

Have a great Christmas.

Take care out there.

Ross

Perkins58
22nd December 2017, 03:22 PM
Well I look forward to seeing any you can get online :)
Have a great Christmas too. Ho ho ho!
Cheers
Paul