PDA

View Full Version : G'Day to the Patrol Forum

Timd66
2nd December 2017, 01:49 PM
Hi there, I am a old chap now, (don't know how that happened(!)), and have acquired a 2003 Patrol GU wagon with the ZD30, 4 cyl engine with 280,000k on it. As i have a caravan too, I have been slowly working on the car for about 6 month, bringing it back to life and giving performance that I think it should. Doing the easy stuff first, oils and filters came out and new ones put in, gave a great respopnse as I suspect not getting the car serviced was its fate in life recently. Really "full of s***" filters and engine oil the colour of the proverbial 'black hole' met me, but replacing all things improved the idle and felt to give things a happy feeling though all the rev and speed ranges. I had to put a new turbo centre in as there was a failure type noise, proven by a slight wobble and with everything I touched not being happy as I removed it and its associated pipework, things were replaced as I came across them (mainly the water pump with its integral fan clutch missing a bearing(!) and the radiator with a damaged overflow pipe)), but, all in all, I was very happy as they went back together the unit felt strong and nothing rattled or made any death threatening noises at all! The reason I have joined the Forum is to learn how to take the car to a higher level with a bit more power and improvements in reliablity and servicablity being a priority and I hope to say 'hi' to a few like minded people along the way.

MB
2nd December 2017, 01:57 PM
Welcome aboard Tim mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GQtdauto
2nd December 2017, 02:32 PM
Welcome aboard mate

Dhuck
2nd December 2017, 05:23 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

4bye4
2nd December 2017, 06:30 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.
........ to say 'hi' to a few like minded people along the way. Lets see I've got a GU and I'm old. That's two things we have in common.