View Full Version : Dino my 1986 MK Patrol

DinosRanga
29th November 2017, 01:59 PM
G'day Everyone,

Nice to be a part of a quality group, my name is Mark who who is the proud owner of "Dino" a 1986 MK Patrol that along with a good mate Derek are slowly bringing our old dinosaur (that's where he got his name) back into existence from a long time sitting idle in Mick's backyard rotting away. You may ask is Dino or does Dino have a heart beat I'm very proud to say Dino runs tremendously on the original engine, a wee bit low on oil pressure but that's the big plan to rebuild once we can afford it, Dino is a turbo beast, long wheel base still with the original factory red he's no show pony but for his age this truck still performs brilliantly he's great fun to go on adventure.

I spent years visiting Micks place constantly admiring a classic that is now thirty years old, it took a bit of convincing to get Mick to let go of ol' mate but eventually in January 2016 I finally got my hands on Dino and being careful not reveal my inner feelings of the Way Mick just neglected a very rare find in fear of loosing the deal. Believe it or not my wife fell in love with Dino the first time she went for a drive what a winner now all of a sudden it's her Dino she loves him so much, at the moment I am overseas with my wife who has business interests that need tending to so the owner on the rego Derek has the responsibility of being Dino's caretaker. We both agree that Dino doesn't need one owner such a classic deserves full time care takers, at the moment Dino is in Western Australia Kalgoorlie transporting Derek to and from work in the mines, out in the wild west where Dino belongs.

However as much as we both enjoy Dino adventures and reliability he is no spring chicken and needs plenty of TLC, we do have a workshop manual,I am a Plant Mechanic by trade and Derek is a fantastic mechanic also but we could always use advise and tips for this era of Patrol to help bring Dino back original condition as there are not many today like Dino, Derek and I can find one like on the web and such like he's become a good mate can't wait to the end result.

Thanks for allowing us to be part of the group, we will upload some Dino pics soon.

Cheers,

Mark

4bye4
29th November 2017, 02:27 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to Dino pics.

DinosRanga
29th November 2017, 02:35 PM
Yeah thanks
Once Derek finishes tonight I will ask him to put some up as he has done a wonderful job to at least make Dino look smart

DinosRanga
29th November 2017, 02:44 PM
I will post some pics from when I got Dino

AB
29th November 2017, 02:52 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhuck
29th November 2017, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bigcol
29th November 2017, 07:56 PM
welcome to the forum mate

MB
30th November 2017, 06:03 PM
Welcome aboard Mark, great pics kindly shared on your other thread of your Red MK Ripper Truck :-) !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk