PDA

View Full Version : Adam & Kylie '94 GQ

Adam G
27th November 2017, 10:26 PM
Hi Everyone,
We have recently "come home", back to the Nissan Patrol, and found this forum in the process. Happy to be here and thanks for having us and for all of the useful info we have found so far.
We bought our first 4WD in 1996, and for the money we had, it seemed a SWB Patrol was the best option. Found a 1982 model in good condition.
A friend converted it into a camper for us. Sounds weird in a SWB and we thought he was crazy, but it worked beautifully.
Once complete, it took us 30 seconds to convert from drive-mode to sleep-mode. (not including the tent - that took longer)

Had heaps of great trips over six years. Travelling and sleeping in that car. Even spent our honeymoon exploring The Daintree and Fraser Island with our budget camper.
I guess I married the right girl.

In 2002, we upgraded to a 1986 LWB

Then had a string of company cars, and then 5 years in a Disco 3.

About a month ago, I went "just looking" on carsales.com, and found this photo...

Happy to admit I nearly lost my mind, and one frantic week later it was ours.
I did look to Kylie to be a voice of reason and tell me I was being silly, but all she did was tell me to "Go for it". I guess I married the right girl.

Had the GQ for three weeks now, and loving it. It feels like home.

Adam

PeeBee
27th November 2017, 10:30 PM
Nice rig, is that a 4.2diesel sticker on the back corner? Welcome to the forum.

Adam G
27th November 2017, 10:38 PM

Yes.

The yellow one had the 3.3 diesel.
Then the silver one had the 2.8 petrol. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to put the 280Z engine into a Patrol, but I hope they got fired, because it was terrible.

We spent many trips in those cars dreaming that one day we would have a LWB GQ with the 4.2 Diesel.

Mid-Life Crisis???

No... of course not. :thumbup:

Bigcol
28th November 2017, 01:39 AM
welcome to the forum mate

nice clean tidy GQ

Dhuck
28th November 2017, 08:09 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

GQtdauto
28th November 2017, 08:19 AM
Welcome mate very nice tidy rig and brilliant intro with pics