PDA

View Full Version : Oil & filter specials - today only (19th November '17)

Cuppa
19th November 2017, 10:55 AM
A 'heads up'.

Penrite HPR 15w50 semi synthetic (my oil of choice in the TD42i) $55.21 for 10 litres at Supercheap Auto.

Ryco Z503 oil filters $20.79 each at Repco.

Cheapest I could find the Z503's anywhere else was $26. Have been using genuine Nissan filters for a few changes, which can still be bought on ebay for around $22 each (I paid $15 each when I bought mine) BUT even though I have enough genuine filters for two more changes, I have decided to go back to using the Ryco filters. The Nissan ones take a significantly longer period for the oil to come up to pressure when starting the motor (haven't timed it, but I reckon at least 10 seconds) whereas the with the Rycos the oil pressure warning light goes out almost immediately.

If you want to buy the filters from Repco & they are out of stock, you can pay that price today & collect when they get new stock next week. (I bought all the Ballarat shop's stock of 7, but ordered & paid for another 5 to be collected next week).

Supercheap in Ballarat had 2 or 3 10 litres of Penrite left after I bought 40 litres. :) You can also pay online & get that price if you do the 'click & collect' online today.
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/Penrite-HPR-Diesel-15-Engine-Oil-15W-50-10-Litre/123726

MudRunnerTD
19th November 2017, 11:00 AM
Note also REPO has a 30% off for RACV MEMBERS this weekend. Great day to buy 12 oil filters and 4 fuel filters....

Cuppa
19th November 2017, 11:10 AM
Note also REPCO has a 30% off for RACV MEMBERS this weekend. Great day to buy 12 oil filters and 4 fuel filters....

Except the 30% off does not apply to items already on sale. I tried that, but nevertheless $20.79 is a very good price for the Z503's.