PDA

View Full Version : Outback Overhead Roof Console - Anyone got one?

BigJ
9th November 2017, 01:34 PM
Was looking at getting this done next and getting my UHF mounted up the top, looks alright. Does anyone have one installed or knows of someone? How would you rate it?

Cheers.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-GQ-GU-PATROL-OVERHEAD-ROOF-CONSOLE-w-LED-LIGHTS-UHF-MOUNT/162501228485?hash=item25d5d3f7c5:g:D78AAOSw7GRZBqC w

Hodge
9th November 2017, 01:41 PM
My mate has one and it's great. It's on my to do list , but not urgent.
Can make a UHF setup very tidy and accessible.

He is 5 foot 10 like me and often complains hitting his head on it . I keep telling him to stop sitting in the middle on the gear stick.
I can possibly get you some close up photos if you want. His is in a 2009 wagon.

Sent from Note 5 using TapaPro

BigJ
9th November 2017, 01:56 PM
My mate has one and it's great. It's on my to do list , but not urgent.
Can make a UHF setup very tidy and accessible.

He is 5 foot 10 like me and often complains hitting his head on it . I keep telling him to stop sitting in the middle on the gear stick.
I can possibly get you some close up photos if you want. His is in a 2009 wagon.

Sent from Note 5 using TapaPro

Hey Hodge, that would be great! Yeah I like the whole idea of the UHF being mounted up the top and just looks overall better imo. Also when the UHF is up top you can hear it better I reckon as it's closer to your ears, especially if you got music or other noises in the cab.

Hodge
9th November 2017, 07:12 PM
Can't get any pics BigJ . Hes 7500km north of here, Thai of land. Will have to suss it out when he returns in a few weeks mate...
Apologies.

BigJ
9th November 2017, 10:23 PM
Can't get any pics BigJ . Hes 7500km north of here, Thai of land. Will have to suss it out when he returns in a few weeks mate...
Apologies.

Hey mate, all good don't stress, thanks for sussing it out though. :smiley_thumbs_up:

Dr Gary
14th November 2017, 03:34 PM
I have a 2006 DDi and the overhead console fits perfectly, and works great. Has a drop down drawer for PLB, Tyre gauge and sunnies. Radio fits well--I bolted the radio supplied mounting bracket through the console, so small bolt heads show. Just needs power and antenna through the head liner.
I had the same kit in my GQ, also really useful.
From memory, the wiring hook-up was strange, but that was because I upgraded from bulbs to LED dome light.

BigJ
14th November 2017, 05:53 PM
I have a 2006 DDi and the overhead console fits perfectly, and works great. Has a drop down drawer for PLB, Tyre gauge and sunnies. Radio fits well--I bolted the radio supplied mounting bracket through the console, so small bolt heads show. Just needs power and antenna through the head liner.
I had the same kit in my GQ, also really useful.
From memory, the wiring hook-up was strange, but that was because I upgraded from bulbs to LED dome light.

Sweet as, by the looks of things I'll definitely be getting my hands on one in the future just after I finish some current mods.
Thanks for replying

bazzaboy
15th November 2017, 06:06 AM
I would like to have one myself, but after riding in my son's GQ with one fitted, I keep bashing my head on it. I'm 6'1" so it just doesn't work for me. I would love them to make a short one, about half as long. That would work really well.

Touses
15th November 2017, 12:08 PM
Anyone know if it will fit in a GQ ute?

BigJ
15th November 2017, 06:00 PM
Anyone know if it will fit in a GQ ute?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/302471770686

I believe this is the one for utes, dual cabs and all that.

Dr Gary
19th November 2017, 07:44 PM
I would like to have one myself, but after riding in my son's GQ with one fitted, I keep bashing my head on it. I'm 6'1" so it just doesn't work for me. I would love them to make a short one, about half as long. That would work really well.

They make a model for some ute's so I am guessing they have a short model for GU and GQ.

the evil twin
19th November 2017, 11:20 PM
They make a model for some ute's so I am guessing they have a short model for GU and GQ.

Yep, they sure do.

I bought the Ute or Cab/Chassis if anyone prefers for my truck but had to swap it for a Wagon one as my truck is a Langley Xtracab IE stretched.

Pretty much the difference is that the Wagon one is a tad longer and finished at the back with lights, the Ute one is shorter and open at the back to follow the Ute roof trim profile.