PDA

View Full Version : all 4 adventure

dads tractor
6th November 2017, 08:55 AM
Anyone here watch the boys yesterday and what is the mystery word has me confused ? Also whats your thoughts on trying to drag campers and vans up Big Red ,I can understand the bypass track but not the main climb .

Cuppa
6th November 2017, 09:03 AM
Do you have a link to watch it online?

Rossco
6th November 2017, 09:07 AM
Don't like these guys, stupid cowboys. . .

Just my opinion. . .

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

dads tractor
6th November 2017, 09:13 AM
Do you have a link to watch it online?

No mate sorry.

further investigation Cuppa try [URL= https://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/all-4-adventure[/URL]

dads tractor
6th November 2017, 09:19 AM
Don't like these guys, stupid cowboys. . .

Just my opinion. . .

Yeah well there are a few out there in TV land and we can become armchair experts to some degree I guess ,but it sure beats some of the other offerings masquerading as entertainment.

bazzaboy
6th November 2017, 09:37 AM
Anyone here watch the boys yesterday and what is the mystery word has me confused ? Also whats your thoughts on trying to drag campers and vans up Big Red ,I can understand the bypass track but not the main climb .

The mystery word is Dig Tree.

dads tractor
6th November 2017, 09:48 AM
Bazza got that mate there is a second one on the comp page .

Rossco
6th November 2017, 10:27 AM
Yeah well there are a few out there in TV land and we can become armchair experts to some degree I guess ,but it sure beats some of the other offerings masquerading as entertainment.Yeah fair enough, as i said just my opinion. Very interested in the places the visit, just think it's a bit unnecessary all the big things they tow everywhere and the places they take them. Think we all have a have a varying opinions of what we think is responsible but think they push it a little, they're not the only ones tho. Guess it does make for good entertainment which is what they are setting out to achieve. . .

dads tractor
6th November 2017, 10:31 AM
Rossco 100 % agreement .:biggrin:

GQtdauto
6th November 2017, 10:51 AM
Some of the things these guys get up to beggars belief , I do like the show but they're not great examples of how people should 4wd .
As for dragging a caravan or camper up big red if that rocks your boat go for it but much like the idiots that do burnouts it doesn't really impress me much .
These guys do get to go to some amazing and isolated areas and that's what I'm watching not the crap in between .

bazzaboy
6th November 2017, 06:05 PM
What I like about them is their passion. They absolutely love what they do and they get out and do it. Their also a good match together. They may not do everything the correct way it should be done, but their not doing a 4wding documentary, their having an adventure and enjoying themselves doing it. I say, good on them.

Brissieboy
7th November 2017, 11:03 AM
Haven't seen this series yet, but generally I think their's is generally better than Pat's show which is little more than a glorified 1 hour advertorial - 5 minutes of something worth watching and the rest is just a series of ads. Even the watchable segments usually have strategically placed stickers/branded items/etc. I realise they need to make money, but his is way over the top.

GQtdauto
7th November 2017, 11:36 AM
Haven't seen this series yet, but generally I think their's is generally better than Pat's show which is little more than a glorified 1 hour advertorial - 5 minutes of something worth watching and the rest is just a series of ads. Even the watchable segments usually have strategically placed stickers/branded items/etc. I realise they need to make money, but his is way over the top.

Agree totally , I miss the old Roothy vids and I'm not a big fan of any of the current 4by shows but these two guys come the closest .
The funniest video on the net is the Pat vs Roothy spoof which sums up the whole industry as it really is .

Cuppa
7th November 2017, 01:04 PM
Just watched them towing a caravan up Big Red. Entertaining yes. Amusing yes. Stupid yes.

Are they performing for others who already behave similarly, or encouraging others to do the same by showing it as fun & acceptable? Six of one & half a dozen of the other. Possibly ok on Big Red but the concern is that many watching may not make the distinction between one 'hoon dune' & others.

I accept the entertainment value but on balance feel that as '4wd identities/celebrities' they should encourage greater responsibility whilst capturing the passion & excitement.

Hodge
7th November 2017, 01:28 PM
Has anybody seen their "Unleashed" side of the show? It's the extremes that don't end up on teli or DVD's. If you think some of the stuff they do on the TV version is gung-ho, take a look at the unleashed stuff if you have access to it...

I don't like some of their antics. But All in all, I don't mind watching their shows. Or any other Aus touring, camping, 4x4 whos for that matter. 4wd Action, All 4 adventure, Whats up down under, Roothys low range, Simon Christie's 4wd TV etc... etc...
Yes, they've all gone down the $$$ path. But it's a reason they're still around... They had no choice. All 4 adventure guys get a lot of $ thrown at them in gear to take it to extremes, sometimes in a stupid way. 4wd Action try and shove the King's rubbish down peoples throats, at every chance they get.

But it's still great and the only way for a lot of people to see what places can be visited and toured out there. These shows are still better than any other horse manure on teli these days. Big brother? The block? Home and away? Please. Horse shit.

Gone are the days of Roothy and Pat in the high country, when it used to be 4x4 monthly. Clean , NO adverts, I still have most of the DVD's... And DO watch the old ones all the time. Love them. These are all before the Tigerz11 / King's era...
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73633&stc=1

Sir Roofy
7th November 2017, 01:58 PM
I thought there was asign at the bottom of Big Red saying to preserve the dunes yet they try dragging
this van up it now every cowboy will try it and destroy the tracks leading up to it
Then it will be closed by the traditional owners

Maxhead
7th November 2017, 04:41 PM
I love the show
I love the adventure
I love the blokes
And I love Simons new vehicle...lol
In saying that I agree with Roofy and others, No need to try and drag that caravan up Big Red! Yes it was for a show but respect where you are and where you drive..full stop!
I do though appreciate them taking full load of toys with them. , as hunters and fisherman we often go for extended periods of time and would love to have access to all these toys.
They just shows we can get to most inaccessible places to enjoy what is out there.
As long as everyone remembers they have a few other vehicles, sat phones, choppers and planes on call to get them out of trouble. So for a newby watching this show and thinking " fuck yeah, Im there" could spell disaster so maybe a bit of more warnings and advice on their part might help.

...........on the road

bazzaboy
7th November 2017, 06:13 PM
If the time ever comes when "Traditional Owners" can close assess to sand dunes in a desert, this country is really in trouble.

Softy
7th November 2017, 08:07 PM
The mystery word is Dig Tree.

Don't happen to know the bonus word or the weekly letter?

Rock Trol
7th November 2017, 08:50 PM
Most of the TV shows are a bit over the top and push some sort of product onto the viewer. They are also more interested in the hijinx
I much prefer You Tube channels such as 4xOverland, 4 Wheel Driving in Western Australia, SummitX.net etc. These three channels for example have been getting better in cinematography and are excellent, as well as very informative. They are doing all the camera and production work themselves, and do it better than the professionals most of the time.

Bigcol
7th November 2017, 11:56 PM
I watched it on Sunday
yes they are knob jockeys / pole smokers

BUT

I found it interesting that they were explaining the significance of the places they went to
all well and good to say - "we are going to the dig tree"
but if you dont know your history - its just a tree with a name

and about the Dog Fence

and why its called Camerons Corner.............. not many people knew he was a surveyor.

Bacho86
8th November 2017, 12:35 PM
Similar to others here, I enjoy watching the show for the entertainment value and overlook the parts where they are 'showing off' for sponsors i.e. big red.

The history and adventure side of things they tackle is not something really shown elsewhere IMO.

I purchased the first season of unleashed and though the first couple episodes were a bit rough and didn't like the voice overs, but after that they got better. Didn't end up purchasing the second seaon for no particular reason - might but the box set once they're all released.

As far as youtube goes, I really enjoy Ronny Dahl's 4Wheeling in WA trip series and also the US based Expedition Overland for something a bit different.

Cuppa
8th November 2017, 04:40 PM
I just watched the video again, & this time took a bit more notice. Regardless of what they & the ranger say, that's not 'Big Red' that they drive up, it's 'Little Red', the first dune you come to from Birdsville. It's the one I drove up but needed several attempts at. Big red is is a couple of kms west from there.

Sir Roofy
8th November 2017, 08:55 PM
Similar to others here, I enjoy watching the show for the entertainment value and overlook the parts where they are 'showing off' for sponsors i.e. big red.

The history and adventure side of things they tackle is not something really shown elsewhere IMO.

I purchased the first season of unleashed and though the first couple episodes were a bit rough and didn't like the voice overs, but after that they got better. Didn't end up purchasing the second seaon for no particular reason - might but the box set once they're all released.

As far as youtube goes, I really enjoy Ronny Dahl's 4Wheeling in WA trip series and also the US based Expedition Overland for something a bit different.

Yes Ronny Dahls 4wheeling is popular