PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Di 3ltr fast idle problem

GQtdauto
6th October 2017, 09:23 AM
Our GU has just started to idle at 1500 rpm for some reason , have cleaned the maf sensor no change , checked the switch that you can increase the idle when cold and it does nothing at all probably because it's already over idling .
Anybody come across this issue before and how was it fixed ?

4bye4
6th October 2017, 10:04 AM
Our GU has just started to idle at 1500 rpm for some reason , have cleaned the maf sensor no change , checked the switch that you can increase the idle when cold and it does nothing at all probably because it's already over idling .
Anybody come across this issue before and how was it fixed ?

Check wireing and plugs to the ECU and also the TPS. Any codes?. Might be worth the old disconnect the battery for 10 mins and reset everything?

GQtdauto
6th October 2017, 10:09 AM
Thanks will give it a go .

GQtdauto
6th October 2017, 10:37 AM
Check wireing and plugs to the ECU and also the TPS. Any codes?. Might be worth the old disconnect the battery for 10 mins and reset everything?

Bugger can't find the pin for the radio , turned the car inside out but it must have been turfed by the missus , so until I can find the code or a cheat for the code might give disconnecting the battery a miss , it's due for a service anyway .
What I did find made me laugh , the old service receipts from the dealer which includes clutch fluid and test clutch operation ,not bad for an auto .

GQtdauto
6th October 2017, 04:03 PM
Problem solved by using this strange idea from another site , just let it idle for 5-10 minutes ,mine took 4 minutes then clicked back down to normal revs , restarted and still good , don't know how or why this worked and don't care just happy it's fixed .

threedogs
7th October 2017, 07:05 PM
cant you use a 9v battery connection so you can keep memory

GQtdauto
7th October 2017, 07:16 PM
No need now TD , as for the radio pin will cross that bridge when I fall of it .

Biggsy73
7th October 2017, 07:43 PM
Anybody come across this issue before and how was it fixed ?Hey mate. I get the same problem when I hit a big pothole or something. The only way I've fixed it is to pull on the accelerator cable at the top of the pedal and instanly drops back to normal. No mechanic has been able to stop it. I just put up with it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

GQtdauto
7th October 2017, 08:47 PM
Hey mate. I get the same problem when I hit a big pothole or something. The only way I've fixed it is to pull on the accelerator cable at the top of the pedal and instanly drops back to normal. No mechanic has been able to stop it. I just put up with it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's the wife's car so no idea if she hit a pothole , I did try revving it but with all the electrics wasn't game to do too much so lucky I found the idle fix which is still working for now .