PDA

View Full Version : Daylight savings.......again!

DX grunt
2nd October 2017, 05:36 AM
For all us West Australians....

It's that time of year again when we are now 21hours ahead of most eastern states cities and towns. lol. :smiley_thumbs_up:

For all those that don't understand...... The sun sleeps in an hour longer, but stays awake and goes to bed an hour later.

Warning....This disruption may fade their curtains. lol.

AB
2nd October 2017, 06:18 AM

It's that time of year again when we are now 21hours ahead of most eastern states cities and towns. lol. :smiley_thumbs_up:

For all those that don't understand...... The sun sleeps in an hour longer, but stays awake and goes to bed an hour later.

Warning....This disruption may fade your curtains. lol.

And the farmers have to retrain the livestock ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hodge
2nd October 2017, 06:46 AM
.... And a lot of people with smart phones still play dumb and say they forgot about it ......

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

bazzaboy
2nd October 2017, 07:00 AM

Warning....This disruption may fade their curtains. lol.

I understand your concern, but us people in the East have serious issues with the sun fading our cows.

garett
2nd October 2017, 07:05 AM
umm its called daylight wasting time.

GQtdauto
2nd October 2017, 07:33 AM
That was one of the best excuses ever to not have daylight savings "it will fade the curtains" yes people are that stupid .

DX grunt
2nd October 2017, 08:57 AM
Just a question for all you EDST people.... Do your swimming pools close the hour later to compensate for the extra hour of heat?

jack
2nd October 2017, 10:32 AM
This is a serious issue, how the hell are we supposed to save water now that we have to put extra water on the lawn to compensate for the longer daylight hour.

the evil twin
2nd October 2017, 10:52 AM
That was one of the best excuses ever to not have daylight savings "it will fade the curtains" yes people are that stupid .

sigh... you do know it is a proven scientific fact IE there is empirical evidence that DLS does indeed fade the curtains.

1. arrive home from work
2. get beer
3. draw curtains to watch TV
4. the curtains are now subject to an extra one hour of sunlight between drawing time and sunset

The formula expressed as a percentage to obtain FAG (Fading Aggregate Gain) of curtain life reduction is quite complex and uses BULL (Binary Utilitarian Linen Lumenousity) as an exponential divisor to SHIT (Solar Hour Illiminatory Termination).
When the MORON (Mean Orientation Relative to Orthographic North) factor is then applied a quite accurate determination of how much more fading an individual curtain will suffer is in evidence.

Oh, and don't get me started on why people don't believe the Farmers when they know the milk output does indeed drop because the Cows get sunburnt udders.

DX grunt
2nd October 2017, 10:58 AM
sigh... you do know it is a proven scientific fact IE there is empirical evidence that DLS does indeed fade the curtains.

1. arrive home from work
2. get beer
4. the curtains are now subject to an extra one hour of sunlight between drawing time and sunset

The formula expressed as a percentage to obtain FAG (Fading Aggregate Gain) of curtain life reduction is quite complex and uses BULL (Binary Utilitarian Linen Lumenousity) as an exponential divisor to SHIT (Solar Hour Illiminatory Termination).
When the MORON (Mean Orientation Relative to Orthographic North) factor is then applied a quite accurate determination of how much more fading an individual curtain will suffer is in evidence.

Oh, and don't get me started on why people don't believe the Farmers when they know the milk output does indeed drop because the Cows get sunburnt udders.

This is the exact answer I would expect from you for a simple, basic statement I made. PML.

the evil twin
2nd October 2017, 02:04 PM
This is the exact answer I would expect from you for a simple, basic statement I made. PML.

Nailed it !!!

Touses
2nd October 2017, 03:15 PM

1. arrive home from work
2. get beer

No such problems in Qld! Which is just as well cos folks r dmb weer I cm frm and MATH SUX

TPC
2nd October 2017, 04:35 PM

1. arrive home from work
2. get beer

Do you have a job as an adviser for the SA government? I swear you talk the same BS in a convincing manner as they do.

Bigcol
3rd October 2017, 02:18 AM
both of you, Grunter and ET, both forgot the best one I ever heard

"if we have daylight savings, and the clocks move 1hour, what time will the 6 o'clock news be on then........?"

Maxhead
3rd October 2017, 05:42 AM
Supposed to be daylight saving but it's 6am and no daylight... go figure.

................on the road

the evil twin
3rd October 2017, 10:40 AM
Supposed to be daylight saving but it's 6am and no daylight... go figure.

Think of it more like a term deposit than savings.

During the term you don't get to use it someone else does... and after the term is up and you look at the result you wonder why you even bothered in the first place

Maxhead
3rd October 2017, 10:45 AM
Think of it more like a term deposit than savings.

During the term you don't get to use it someone else does... and after the term is up and you look at the result you wonder why you even bothered in the first place

Ohh I see, for a while there I thought you sandgropers might have pinched it;)

................on the road

4bye4
3rd October 2017, 10:53 AM
both of you, Grunter and ET, both forgot the best one I ever heard

"if we have daylight savings, and the clocks move 1hour, what time will the 6 o'clock news be on then........?"

Actually thats not all that inaccurate. The ABC and SBS news is often 2 or 3 hours behind anyway because of the time difference betwen states and they don't always have a local news reader. If Rocket Man lets one go, we will probably hear about it on SBS news about half an hour after the bang... or maybe we wont hear it at all.

the evil twin
3rd October 2017, 12:42 PM
Ohh I see, for a while there I thought you sandgropers might have pinched it;)

Nah, we don't need it thanks.

The majority of the WA population live on the western edge of our timezone so we already have up to an extra hour of 'recreational sunlight' 365 days a year

That and the fact that 1/2 the state is above the Tropic of Capricorn so the days up there get shorter in 'summer' as the sun goes past and heads south.
Plus its the wet season so it is humid as shit and everyone heads inside for the A/C and a Beer or three to whinge about the humidity and wait for the roads to reopen to the fishing spots.

Bob
3rd October 2017, 04:51 PM
Love Daylight Savings

Winnie
3rd October 2017, 06:01 PM
Love Daylight SavingsI'm with you Bob. It's the best!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bush Ranger
3rd October 2017, 06:23 PM
Actually thats not all that inaccurate. The ABC and SBS news is often 2 or 3 hours behind anyway because of the time difference betwen states and they don't always have a local news reader. If Rocket Man lets one go, we will probably hear about it on SBS news about half an hour after the bang... or maybe we wont hear it at all.

When you here about the bomb being let off on the news of various channels, it would`ve been used two or three times and that`s what recycling`s all about.

Bush Ranger
3rd October 2017, 06:32 PM
Nah, we don't need it thanks.

The majority of the WA population live on the western edge of our timezone so we already have up to an extra hour of 'recreational sunlight' 365 days a year

That and the fact that 1/2 the state is above the Tropic of Capricorn so the days up there get shorter in 'summer' as the sun goes past and heads south.
Plus its the wet season so it is humid as shit and everyone heads inside for the A/C and a Beer or three to whinge about the humidity and wait for the roads to reopen to the fishing spots.

What I find funny tet, is Kununurra`s time. From memory it shares the same time as the rest of WA, except for Eucla. Kununurra is only 50 Ks from the border and Eucla around 12Ks or so. Makes me wonder why it`s not on the same time as Eucla.

the evil twin
3rd October 2017, 06:49 PM
What I find funny tet, is Kununurra`s time. From memory it shares the same time as the rest of WA, except for Eucla. Kununurra is only 50 Ks from the border and Eucla around 12Ks or so. Makes me wonder why it`s not on the same time as Eucla.

Eucla time is a weird one, more a bunch of locals saying look at me, look at me and as a time zone is totally unofficial but, shall we say, 'quirky'.
Kununurra residents obviously haven't had their brains fried by isolationism and drug abuse to a similar degree.

The highlights of the Eucla Social Calendar are the Sat Arvo Submarine Races and the annual "Painting of the Lines Ceremony" on the Eyre Highway by Main Roads.

Bush Ranger
3rd October 2017, 06:57 PM
Eucla time is a weird one, more a bunch of locals saying look at me, look at me and as a time zone is totally unofficial but, shall we say, 'quirky'.
Kununurra residents obviously haven't had their brains fried by isolationism and drug abuse to a similar degree.

The highlights of the Eucla Social Calendar are the Sat Arvo Submarine Races and the annual "Painting of the Lines Ceremony" on the Eyre Highway by Main Roads.

What are the times and dates of the submarine races and Painting of the Lines Ceremony? I might be able to make it.

mudnut
3rd October 2017, 07:03 PM
What are the times and dates of the submarine races and Painting of the Lines Ceremony? I might be able to make it.

Just allow for the time difference because you might get there too early or too late, depending on whether you are travelling east or west.

Bush Ranger
3rd October 2017, 07:07 PM
Just allow for the time difference because you might get there too early or too late, depending on whether you are travelling east or west.

Two hours difference for Qld and WA times, minus the 45 minutes from the two hours to make up for the time correction for the three places. I might make it if I drive through the night.

mudnut
3rd October 2017, 07:26 PM
Nelson has the same sort of problems. It is less than two minutes drive from the border and its landline phone system is connected to SA. I have no idea how they manage to work out what time they are on.

Avo
3rd October 2017, 08:35 PM

because there's no south austraslians living next door to kunnurra

Bush Ranger
4th October 2017, 05:44 PM
because there's no south austraslians living next door to kunnurra

Stating the obvious, he he. But the NT was once part of SA some time ago and they do share the same day time hours as each other now, unless a South Aussie moved close to Kununurra,so there.

the evil twin
4th October 2017, 06:39 PM
snip... the NT was once part of SA some time ago and they do share the same day time hours as each other now, unless a South Aussie moved close to Kununurra,so there.

Ummmm... nah, mate... N.T. doesn't do that DLS rubbish.

When I lived in the Territory we used to take turns checking visitors coming in from the south for lobotomy scars and turning them back at the Border.
Them and any QLDers in bare feet.

(Hint... the best example of weird time is Broken Hill)

Bush Ranger
5th October 2017, 07:46 PM
Ummmm... nah, mate... N.T. doesn't do that DLS rubbish.

When I lived in the Territory we used to take turns checking visitors coming in from the south for lobotomy scars and turning them back at the Border.
Them and any QLDers in bare feet.

(Hint... the best example of weird time is Broken Hill)

Ummm never said NT has DLS rubbish. I was talking about out of DLS and I thought a sand groper would`ve picked that up. We know DLS isn`t real time. Now why ruin a good conversation by bringing in Broken Hill.

the evil twin
5th October 2017, 11:14 PM
Ummm never said NT has DLS rubbish. I was talking about out of DLS and I thought a sand groper would`ve picked that up. We know DLS isn`t real time. Now why ruin a good conversation by bringing in Broken Hill.

Uuummmm... tricked ya.
I'm not a Sand Groper, I'm a Cockroach who hitched a ride to WA for a while to avoid the DLS...

Always said the Croweaters are welcome to have Broken Hill (and Bourke and Wilcannia for that matter) as long as they give back the GST they are ripping all of us for...

Touses
6th October 2017, 08:46 AM
Uuummmm... tricked ya.
I'm not a Sand Groper, I'm a Cockroach who hitched a ride to WA for a while to avoid the DLS...

Always said the Croweaters are welcome to have Broken Hill (and Bourke and Wilcannia for that matter) as long as they give back the GST they are ripping all of us for...

Cockroach eh! Knew there was something suss about you! Imagine moving to W.A, at least I had the good sense to go north. I was 20yrs younger the moment I lobbed. It certainly seemed like time travel. Bahaha

Bush Ranger
6th October 2017, 10:44 AM
Uuummmm... tricked ya.

Ummm nup. I picked up on your WA (wandering australia) location and if you lived there long enough, you should be a local by now. As long as the govt doesn`t do the we are going to force the dls on to you for 3 years trick like they did before.

the evil twin
6th October 2017, 08:06 PM
snip... As long as the govt doesn`t do the we are going to force the dls on to you for 3 years trick like they did before.

Yeah, what a pack of W%$^#s them Poliies can be at times...

1st attempt, 1 year trial then Referendum on DLS - Result, Hell No (53%)

2nd attempt, 1 year trial then Referendum on DLS - Result, Hell No (54%)

3rd attempt, 1 year trial then Referendum on DLS - Result, Hell No (53%)

4th attempt,
Govt - Dickhead Voters! we'll teach 'em, lets hit 'em with a 3 year trial,
Referendum on DLS - Result, Hell No (55%)...
How many times do we have to tell you, Bash your DLS up ya jacksie.

By my count we are about due for another 'trial' to show us what we are missing out on...

MB
6th October 2017, 08:15 PM
Apologies, haven't read this thread properly but must say our Mexican DLS :-) is timed commercially improperly I believe. Way too early, way too dark at work start at this time of early year here. Tis costing 6:45am jobsites money I believe ;-)

Avo
6th October 2017, 11:41 PM

4th attempt,

By my count we are about due for another 'trial' to show us what we are missing out on...

i wonder if thatsw because most of our trade is with asia...and they run our time....and because i don't havce curtains so i don't care......and yes...suss as....couldn't pick it bust..was looking at the dolphins to hard...

AB
7th October 2017, 04:49 PM
Dayllight savings is awesome and all of you freaks are missing out on the good life ;)

the evil twin
7th October 2017, 04:56 PM
Dayllight savings is awesome and all of you freaks are missing out on the good life ;)

No way dude... a lot of my friends are much more attractive in the dark...

Clunk
7th October 2017, 10:26 PM
yeah I don't agree with DSL because I love the sun coming up at 4:30 am when I'm still in bed at 6:30am and I really hate the fact that it would still be daylight at 7:30pm when I want to be outside with the kids on the bikes or playing in the parks...... these crazy folk and their DSL ideas, crazy I tell ya, just feckin mad bat crazy bonkers

MB
7th October 2017, 10:47 PM
Have done a little bit of work in WA over the years and always quite impressed with the amount of fitness ladies beachside by latest 5:30am broad daylight ;-) 7:30am in our deep Mexican Winter South chocolate pop toaster tarts are still baking:-)

Avo
7th October 2017, 11:03 PM
Have done a little bit of work in WA over the years and always quite impressed with the amount of fitness ladies beachside by latest 5:30am broad daylight ;-) 7:30am in our deep Mexican Winter South chocolate pop toaster tarts are still baking:-)

wow aN HOUR LATER AND YOU STILL AQWAKE...HOW DO YOU GUYS DO IT.....oops capps n shitslock again...
but seriously....you up an hour longer than usual already....
oh ok i know it's just pretend.....
we all know what time it really is hey...

i wonder dfo your birds start an hour ealier?the the roostsers crow aND HOUR EARLIER...Ah fekk..capps l;ock

MB
7th October 2017, 11:08 PM
Avo Avo AVO :-)

Clunk
7th October 2017, 11:19 PM
wow aN HOUR LATER AND YOU STILL AQWAKE...HOW DO YOU GUYS DO IT.....oops capps n shitslock again...
but seriously....you up an hour longer than usual already....
oh ok i know it's just pretend.....
we all know what time it really is hey...

i wonder dfo your birds start an hour ealier?the the roostsers crow aND HOUR EARLIER...Ah fekk..capps l;ock

yep we all know it's way past your bedtime!!!!!! bwahahahahaha

Mr I can't make it past 6:30PM when out camping with the lads

MB
7th October 2017, 11:26 PM
What WA time Avo do you kindly send the backpacking seasonal pickers off to rest mate?

Clunk
7th October 2017, 11:34 PM
What WA time @Avo (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?u=15739) do you kindly send the backpacking seasonal pickers off to rest mate?

4:30pm, gives him time for dinner and shower before his 6:30pm bed time

Avo
8th October 2017, 12:38 AM
What WA time Avo do you kindly send the backpacking seasonal pickers off to rest mate?

depends if they looking after the cattle......if the cows go to sleep they can go home...not as though thewy curtain makers

Avo
8th October 2017, 12:38 AM
4:30pm, gives him time for dinner and shower before his 6:30pm bed time

you say the most hurtful things wehen you been drinking

Avo
8th October 2017, 12:54 AM
yep we all know it's way past your bedtime!!!!!! bwahahahahaha

Mr I can't make it past 6:30PM when out camping with the lads

was burning the bacon way after 6'30 arshioloe

Clunk
8th October 2017, 12:58 AM
was burning the bacon way after 6'30 arshioloeNo you weren't

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/10/37.jpg

Clunk
8th October 2017, 01:00 AM
you say the most hurtful things wehen you been drinkingAnd I haven't even had one tonight [emoji12]

Avo
8th October 2017, 01:07 AM

Avo
8th October 2017, 01:08 AM
was wa past 6.30..in my head

DX grunt
8th October 2017, 03:53 AM

I can only look in awe at a pic of an open camp fire coz it's restricted burning period in my shire and I need a permit to burn anything! Damn. Roll on next year.

Bush Ranger
9th October 2017, 08:31 AM

4th attempt,

From memory, it`s about every 20 years there abouts they try the dls on WA and MB the three year trial was losing money for cafes / coffee shops (other businesses too) that opened early in the morning along Cottesloe beach and any other beach with coffee shops that relied on joggers / walkers / early morning trade. Too dark for any one to come out and they had no time / day light to do their exercise before work. If people want the extra day light, get up early, or use the extra day light after work. The Busselton drive-in was losing money, because the sun was setting at 8:30pm or so and parents wouldn`t bring the kids, as they were falling asleep early during the kiddy movie. Forgotten which asian country it was, China / Japan couldn`t understand why some states had the dls, as it made confusion for business when the dls kicks in every year.

MB
9th October 2017, 06:51 PM
DLS October Mexican morning issue all sorted for $3.99pc :-)
Batteries included should last till November sunrise so all good ;-)

AB
18th October 2017, 12:26 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/10/67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob
18th October 2017, 01:01 PM
Stop complaining you blokes and just go with the Flow LOL
You would all moan if your Arses were on Fire

BillsGU
18th October 2017, 03:16 PM
Only DEAD FISH go with the flow!!