PDA

View Full Version : Long Time Reader First Post Introductions

ismet
28th September 2017, 08:37 AM
Hi Guys Great Forum my name is Ismet pronounced ( Is Met ) My nickname is Itchy coz as a kid had chickenpox and as i woud scratch away , mum would say stop scratching , id say i cant Im Itchy im Itchy, so my sisters thought they were funny by calling me Itchy and it stuck , i had nickname B4 The Simpsons started so when people ask wheres Scratchy, Thinking there the first to ask id say parked outside .
Iv been a member for years but I usualy just search the forum for stuff already Posted instead of posting the same question and so i dont Post 25 Bulls#@t Questions just to be able to view Links or Downloads
Love Camping Going Bush self tought Mechanic and Auto Electrics I Help my Mates with there cars.
I own a 1994 Patrol GQ Shorty TD42 N/A wit 33"s BullBar 12,000 lb winch Led Spoties , Rockslide 3" Lift Just a basic no Turbo but engine bay very tidy same as all electrics inside it was a 1 owner so it didnt have any backyars electronics splices and taped up
I Used to go Camping alot almost every other month, but 7 years ago got real sick had about 14 Serious Gastric Operations , infections ate away all my Core Stomache Muscles so it has affected my abilities and caused lower back problems i cant sit for more than cpl hrs without haveing a break But i try not let it stop me going out in my 4by Plus im on Heavy Morphine Pain Medications , im not looking for any sympathy Just explaining my situation , i dont take life for granted as every day i wake up is another great day

MudRunnerTD
28th September 2017, 10:04 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Touses
28th September 2017, 10:37 AM
Good onya bloke, pleased to say hello. Welcome.

GQtdauto
28th September 2017, 10:43 AM
Welcome itchy , fantastic intro and wish all new comers would take the time for more than a one line hello .
No good about your health issues getting in the way of the great outdoors mate but there are a few of us here that have similar circumstances even same pain meds that can maybe give you a tip or two or even lend an ear if you need to let off some steam .
Or just use the pm option if you need a yak at any stage .

Have back trouble myself and recently did a two month trip to the corner country , used a few more pills than I normally pop and when we finally got home it took a while to recover but enjoyed every second of it despite a bit more pain .

Bigcol
28th September 2017, 11:07 AM
welcome to the forum mate

sounds like an interesting time you have had, not everyone with a disability wears a helmet and rides on the little bus

love your attitude to life, and hope you enjoy all

4bye4
28th September 2017, 11:07 AM
G'day mate and welccome to the forum. Sorry about your problems, but good to see you getting on with it. As GQtdauto says there are a few on here with health/pain issues, some more than others, but you have got to stay in there and make the best of what you have got.

GQtdauto
28th September 2017, 11:30 AM
welcome to the forum mate

sounds like an interesting time you have had, not everyone with a disability wears a helmet and rides on the little bus

love your attitude to life, and hope you enjoy all

Speak for yourself , I love my crayons and helmet .

Dhuck
28th September 2017, 08:45 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

growler2058
15th October 2017, 08:08 AM
G'day Itchy :) welcome to the forum mate
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/10/62.jpg