PDA

View Full Version : Help needed. N/A 4.2

katwoman
22nd September 2017, 08:51 AM
Someone has decided to join the GU 4.2 club but in true SteveO Style it needs work. Can some one provide pics of their N/A engine bay. The airbox is missing and I don't know what it looks like.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/09/130.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/09/131.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben-e-boy
22nd September 2017, 01:50 PM
It's only missing the pre filter which is no great loss.

This is a very old version of my engine bay. Although it has the turbo, the piping that connects directly to the airbox is original, the second pipe that goes to the snorkle may be generic I dont know

katwoman
22nd September 2017, 02:09 PM
It's only missing the pre filter which is no great loss.

This is a very old version of my engine bay. Although it has the turbo, the piping that connects directly to the airbox is original, the second pipe that goes to the snorkle may be generic I dont know

Cheers thx.

mudnut
22nd September 2017, 05:16 PM
Someone has decided to join the GU 4.2 club but in true SteveO Style it needs work.

Ha ha. At least this one looks pretty good to start with!

MB
22nd September 2017, 05:25 PM
What a legend he is Kat! I'm somewhat thinking this might be the new towing work horse to haul back more awesome project classics ;-) ?

AB
22nd September 2017, 05:31 PM
Yeah as above Kat just run that direct to a snorkel or as I told Steve the other night, get a cheap ht18 turbo on it with all of the gear. Eagle eyes on gumtree etc should get him a good second hand one with crossover pipe etc for peanuts!

Keep his eye out for a stock gu air box too.

Or he can put a big snorkel, high flow airbox, borgwarner, IC, 12mm pump, custom inlet manifold, straight through exhaust... let's do it!!!

I might ring him now and give him our suggestions actually lol

katwoman
22nd September 2017, 07:50 PM
Yeah as above Kat just run that direct to a snorkel or as I told Steve the other night, get a cheap ht18 turbo on it with all of the gear. Eagle eyes on gumtree etc should get him a good second hand one with crossover pipe etc for peanuts!

Keep his eye out for a stock gu air box too.

Or he can put a big snorkel, high flow airbox, borgwarner, IC, 12mm pump, custom inlet manifold, straight through exhaust... let's do it!!!

I might ring him now and give him our suggestions actually lol

awesome.. the next NP forum free workshop ?

katwoman
22nd September 2017, 07:52 PM
What a legend he is Kat! I'm somewhat thinking this might be the new towing work horse to haul back more awesome project classics ;-) ?

I'm hoping so. The cruiser had surgery last week and complications are arising.

AB
22nd September 2017, 07:53 PM
awesome.. the next NP forum free workshop ?

I'll fit if Steve brings it old cocko lol