PDA

View Full Version : Glow plug relay and inline fuse

BrodieTiGQ
21st September 2017, 10:24 AM
Hey guys I couldn't seem to find information about what size relay and inline fuse to use when wiring up glow plugs to a momentary push button ..? I have a 40amp relay and 30 amp fuse.. is that going to be okay when hooked up? Or do I need something bigger?

Cheers

Brodie

Rossco
21st September 2017, 05:11 PM
Hey mate, pretty sure mine is running a 30 amp fuse, never been a problem. .

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

BrodieTiGQ
21st September 2017, 08:09 PM
Cool, what size relay have you got? Mine is 40amp.. will that be okay to run glow plugs or?

Rossco
21st September 2017, 08:26 PM
Hmmm don't know, it's the factory one.

Rossco
21st September 2017, 08:31 PM
Appologies, just checked, it's got a 60A fuse in it. Big sucker but that makes sense. . .

BrodieTiGQ
21st September 2017, 09:34 PM
Okay I'll get a larger fuse then, and I have the factory one but how do I hook it up then if I'm running it off a button and using a tb42e loom? I was going to run it on its own , would I just do the same?
Also I have a massive bird nest of unused wires in my engine bay , once I have everything up and running, is it safe to cut away all the unused wires to tidy everything up?

Rossco
21st September 2017, 10:16 PM
Yeah just run it on it's own should be pretty simple. Just 12v in, output to plugs and signal wire. I did have manual push button glow in mine but recently put in a bogarrt aftermarket timer which works really great too. . . Both do the job tho, timer is just s bit more of a factory finish and convince really.

Yeah once your sure all the excess wiring isn't needed chop away. Took a fair bit out mine of mine when i did the conversion was quite cleansing really. . .

BrodieTiGQ
21st September 2017, 10:20 PM
How do I know what, what pin is on the relay though?
And yeh hahaha was thinking the same as you! Can't wait to remove all the excess and tidy it up 😁