View Full Version : Hello

Tanya
20th September 2017, 01:04 PM
I doubt anyone really reads these, so I will keep it simple

Age =41
Gender = Female
Vehicle = 2012 GU Patrol 3l Auto

Mods = too many to list

Reason for joining = I have questions and find that when I call a supplier I am stereotyped and treated as though I dont understand what they are saying. For example I recently ordered Marks 85% reduction gears and the guy on the phone asked me if I knew what they were.

Hopefully here I can just be another member.

4bye4
20th September 2017, 01:54 PM
Reddit. Welcome. Some suppliers just sell boxes of stuff, sorry product, so it's not just a gender thing. Try asking for a NADS kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigcol
20th September 2017, 02:03 PM
welcome Tanya, there is a lot of good folk on here who know their Patrols

hopefully, your questions will be / can be answered very quickly

AB
20th September 2017, 02:05 PM
Welcome to the forum Tanya, feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhuck
20th September 2017, 06:39 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

GQtdauto
20th September 2017, 07:58 PM
Welcome to the forum and yes some of us do read the intro and love a good one that lets us know about the person and their rig .
We love questions and everyone has to start somewhere , plenty female forum members by the way .

growler2058
20th September 2017, 08:03 PM
G'day Tanya welcome to the forum mate

Tanya
20th September 2017, 11:36 PM
Wow thank you everyone for my welcome, I am humbled by so many members using their time to say hello to little me.

4bye4 I ordered mine online, saved me the hastle.

Bigcol I have already found 2 generous members that helped me make a decision today, everyone has been so welcoming, and not once made me feel like I shouldn't be here.

Thank you AB, I regularly visit this site through google searches trying to learn. However sometimes I just cant find what I need to know, now I can ask, very happy :)

Thank you Dhuck

GQtdauto I am quickly discovering how genuine and helpfull everyone is here, I shouldn't have had any doubts due to everyone being Patrol owners/supporters. Of course they would be amazing

Thank you growler2058

My GU has been evolving now for approx 18 months, I find that each location I visit results in a new list of upgrades I want. My latest adventure was to Cape York, my next one is to Vic high country, and I regularly spend a weekend at any number of State Forests close to Sydney.

My husband drives a 2 door TJ Wrangler, we cant help but compete a little, it is actually interesting to experience the different capabilities between short and long wheel base cars, and now I have my reduction gears I plan on showing him what a real 4wd can do ;)

Mc4by
20th September 2017, 11:46 PM
Lots of people here read the intro's Tanya.
Welcome aboard the forum.