PDA

View Full Version : Help wiring Tb42e loom into td42t

BrodieTiGQ
19th September 2017, 07:34 PM
G'day fellas , I'm doing a diesel conversion ATM and am a bit confused on the wiring side of things, I have gq ti, the doner car the td42t come from is a dx so the loom hasn't got any of the ti options in it.. I've done some research and I see that you can use the Tb42e loom but I just abit confused about how to actually do it... so if anyone has done it and has pictures I would really appreciate if you posted them! Would help me out heaps! Cheers

jff45
20th September 2017, 08:07 AM
I did this conversion with a TB45E and didn't need any specific wiring from a TD42T.
Basically, the original alternator wiring can be used and lengthened to suit. The A/C wires will be close to the same. Ditto for oil pressure switch and temp gauge.
I used the distributor power wire to power the fuel cutoff solenoid. You'll need to pull the 2 wires from the tacho sensor on the timing cover.
Don't cut any wires out until you're sure you don't need them or can't use them for something else.
Take notes of which TB42 wires you've used for other stuff so you know which fuse to look at if there's an issue later.

BrodieTiGQ
20th September 2017, 08:30 AM
Yeh I've read that else where too, have you got pictures off how you did it all? I'm just a bit worried about cutting something I needed or something like that.. but if I could just copy what someone else done that would be great! I have both looms here so I can take whatever is needed from the diesel loom to extend the petrol one..

BrodieTiGQ
20th September 2017, 08:39 AM
Haha also what's ditto?

jff45
20th September 2017, 08:43 AM
Haha also what's ditto?

Ditto = "used to indicate that something already said is applicable a second time."

jff45
20th September 2017, 08:49 AM
I don't think anyway takes pictures of each individual wire that's cut and used elsewhere.

It's not difficult to reroute and use existing wiring but you need to have at least a basic understanding of what needs doing or you're going to create problems for yourself.

BrodieTiGQ
20th September 2017, 09:20 AM
I understand what I need to do just a bit scared to butcher the tb loom and be stuffed
picture would just reassure me I'm doing it correctly

Rossco
20th September 2017, 06:51 PM
Hey mate yeah same here converted my old carby to diesel a while ago. Once you trace everything back and sure you've got everything you need connected it's not to bad then chop away. Although a carby loom is probably a bit less extensive than efi.

I also just put in an aftermarket bogarrt glow plug timer which works great and is very factory looking. The main thing i struggled with was the Tacho which runs straight from the engine speed sensor to the back of the tacho which is a diesel one.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

BrodieTiGQ
21st September 2017, 10:32 AM
Yeh I done a lot off tracing back and fourth yesterday and I'm pretty confident I've sorted it out.. I guess I won't know till I put it in and try start her up..
I noticed two wires yesterday that go into the same plug as the injector pump and go to the timing cover?? Would you know what they are for .. and where they need to be wired too?

jff45
21st September 2017, 04:22 PM
"Same plug as the injector pump"? Is it a TD42T or Ti that you've fitted?
Thread title says TD42t.

BrodieTiGQ
21st September 2017, 10:17 PM
I have a ti model , that I'm converting to td42t, the two wires are off the front of the motor to the same plug where the injector pump wires go to, just curious to what they do and where I need to wire them ?

AB
21st September 2017, 10:47 PM
Would that be the NATS gents? Is there a black box behind the pump?

I did a td42 to td42t conversion so used all of my bolt ons but I remember someone had a similar question here and it was the anti theft system on the td42t and they had to remove the black box behind the pump but someone needs to explain this better than me if that's even the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrodieTiGQ
22nd September 2017, 12:12 PM
How can I post a picture from my phone? I'll take a picture and show you...

Rossco
22nd September 2017, 02:00 PM
How can I post a picture from my phone? I'll take a picture and show you...Get Tapatalk, easy as to upload pics ☺

AB
22nd September 2017, 07:36 PM
Whilst old mate gets photo sorted MudRunnerTD you might know about this, you had NATS issues didn't you and had to take that out yeah?

BrodieTiGQ
22nd September 2017, 08:18 PM
Whilst old mate gets photo sorted MudRunnerTD you might know about this, you had NATS issues didn't you and had to take that out yeah?

What's NATS? Also I got tapatalk lol I'll upload a pic now

BrodieTiGQ
22nd September 2017, 08:22 PM
What's NATS? Also I got tapatalk lol I'll upload a pic now

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/09/135.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/09/136.jpg

BrodieTiGQ
22nd September 2017, 08:23 PM
The orange wires are the ones that follow around to the front of the motor

AB
22nd September 2017, 08:49 PM
The orange wires are the ones that follow around to the front of the motor

That's your tacho sensor.

Someone here will hopefully help you in where that goes, I'm no good with electronics lol

MudRunnerTD
22nd September 2017, 08:52 PM
I have a ti model , that I'm converting to td42t, the two wires are off the front of the motor to the same plug where the injector pump wires go to, just curious to what they do and where I need to wire them ?

NATS Nissan Anti Theft System is found on the back of the pump not the front so I don't think it's related.

The question about TD42T v TD42Ti was about whether you had a motor from a factory Intercooler car with the 11mm pump as it runs the MATS. Your Ti is a model not an engine.

Sorry I can't help further. Rossco might be able to shed some light though as he has done the conversion too.

AB
22nd September 2017, 09:16 PM
Here you go mate...hopefully this sorts you out.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?19116-TB42-to-TD42-Tacho-Not-Working

BrodieTiGQ
22nd September 2017, 09:44 PM
Here you go mate...hopefully this sorts you out.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?19116-TB42-to-TD42-Tacho-Not-Working

Thanks mate!

BrodieTiGQ
26th September 2017, 04:23 PM
Got motor in, done wiring as said, but got no power at all? Any suggestions? Bit stumped

Rossco
26th September 2017, 04:48 PM
No power at all as in not cranking or no power from the engine ? ? . .

BrodieTiGQ
27th September 2017, 11:39 PM
Hahaha nah don't worry, I just had a moment 😂 Thanks anyways fellas

Rossco
28th September 2017, 07:12 AM
Was it the fusable links. Did that after my rebuild, hooked it all up turned it on & nuthin [emoji28] . . .

Sir Roofy
29th September 2017, 07:25 AM
Andy has the page been changed ? you did get my sponser
money the page is not like it was the title says np.com every thing else is all down the left side of the page
I clicked on the link above and it came up the same
ive just got the nbn back after a week out but haven't a house phone fb and every thing else works fine just not here

BrodieTiGQ
29th September 2017, 03:26 PM
I've wire everything as said just went to start but nothing happens? What am I missing?

Rossco
29th September 2017, 06:30 PM
What happens, does ignition and aceesories turn on or nothing?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

BrodieTiGQ
29th September 2017, 08:15 PM
Got reds but no radio or anything ?

BrodieTiGQ
29th September 2017, 08:18 PM
Would the neutral safety switch be the issue? I've gone from Tb42e auto to td42 manual using the Tb42e auto loom...

Rossco
29th September 2017, 08:55 PM
Got reds but no radio or anything ?What's reds? Have you checked all the fusable links are hooked up & all good, Ignition switch is hooked up right.? Not sure about auto neutral cut out. . Possibly, need someone but more learned than me with electrics but wouldn't stop the accessories from working tho. . .

BrodieTiGQ
29th September 2017, 09:02 PM
Can you send a picture of your wiring? And engine bay?

BrodieTiGQ
29th September 2017, 09:03 PM
Fusable links..? What's a fusable link?

BrodieTiGQ
29th September 2017, 09:04 PM
Where's the ignition switch? Cause i thought that too.. cause the starters not even cranking..

Rossco
29th September 2017, 09:50 PM
Fusable links come straight off the battery and go to certain parts of the loom. Theres one that goes to the igniting switch (key barrel), sounds like that one might not be hooked up maybe. They're the ones on the left of the battery with white & black plugs.http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/09/187.jpg

BrodieTiGQ
29th September 2017, 10:01 PM
I don't have plugs like on mine?

Rossco
29th September 2017, 10:22 PM
They all sit in a black plastic bracket type thing on the GQs. Kinda hard to see it in pic but next to orange winch wiring. Yours should have something similar . .

BrodieTiGQ
29th September 2017, 10:30 PM
Yeh it did I took them all out , but I don't have them wires in the picture? Could you get a closer picture tomorrow?

Rossco
30th September 2017, 09:55 AM
Hard to get a good picture with all the crap in the way. First ones looking from the back, in the second one should have something that hooks up to the battery like the green & orange plug & black plug. If there not there that'l be your problem i recon. .http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/09/188.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/09/189.jpg

BrodieTiGQ
30th September 2017, 10:32 AM
Nah there not there, there's nothing even like that

Rossco
30th September 2017, 11:15 AM
Nah there not there, there's nothing even like thatYou just adapted your TB loom yeah? Must have been something like that before, didn't chop them off ? . .

BrodieTiGQ
1st October 2017, 09:56 PM
Yes I did and no I didn't chop them off, but it's sorted now, I had a mate who's really good with auto electrics come round and sort it all out for me 😁 Conversion is pretty well done just a few fiddling bits left but it's all driving and usable now!

Rossco
2nd October 2017, 10:42 AM
Ah nice one sometimes it's good to have a mate that knows what they're doing. What was it in the end and how do you like the diesel?

BrodieTiGQ
2nd October 2017, 08:49 PM
Was a silly mistake from me, I had a wire in which I thought was for starter but wasn't he just got the right one and plugged it in and off she went more or less, only thing I have left now is the speedo and revs gauge , I'm loving the diesel! It's heaps better then my petrol, no where near as sluggish as the petrol.. just all round better engine , mines turbo but yeah it's a lot better , thanks for all the help along the way too! It is appreciated! Cheers 🍻

Rossco
2nd October 2017, 09:35 PM
Yeah nice. Putting a diesel in mine was the best thing i did to it i recon. Love the reliability and range and awesome tourqe in the bush. .