PDA

View Full Version : My gu iv 4.2td is having a makeover

shakey55
17th September 2017, 08:30 AM
Well my 2005 4.2td wagon is have its first makeover.

Nothing has never been touched, not even the injectors. She has 225k on the clock.

Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with the old girl, but I feel a lack of power when going up slight hills when towing heavy camper trailer.

She is going into a well know diesel shop at Narellan (NSW) for a 3" Exhaust, dump pipe, new injectors and dyno tune.

Can't wait to see what difference it will make. Some I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hodge
17th September 2017, 09:34 AM
Looking forward to seeing what results you get mate. I've got the same car. I reckon exhaust and tune alone will change it a bit. Exhaust alone gave my car a new meaning before I touched anything else. Please report back !

MudRunnerTD
17th September 2017, 10:22 AM
Good luck mate, I always spoke highly of that workshop but in recent times I have seen a heap of pretty average opinion of them, no references but more alot of Take the Piss Memes about them. There is clearly a story behind it but I am not sure on details.

If you have never touched the car then your likely pushing less than 70kw and you will see a massive improvement. An apprentice could get you 95kw without any trouble just with the exhaust and tune. Winding up fuel and boost to 15psi (factory preset is 9psi)

Ask them to do a pre-works run on the Dyno so you have a benchmark. Before the exhaust even.

Do you have a pyro gauge? Have one fitted, in will give you the best insight as to how your car is running.

Good luck. Can't wait to see the dyno sheets.

shakey55
21st September 2017, 08:52 PM
Well the old girl went in and had her makeover today.

Pre-work test done on dyno and truck found to be around 66kw at rear wheels.

The following was done, 3" exhaust and dump pipe, new injectors, dyno tune, tweaked fuel pump, wound up turbo from from about 11psi to 16psi and as a result now up to just short of 105kw at rear wheels.

Took truck for test run and bloody hell she is like a different vehicle.

Very impressed and money well spent in my opinion.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/09/127.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk