PDA

View Full Version : Indicator problem

Neal66
10th September 2017, 05:30 PM
My 93 GQ ute has had some led rear lights on it for 12 months with no issue then one day when I indicated right they started to flash real fast straight away I thought blown bulb but nothing was faulty if I indicate left everything is fine and when the hazards are on they are okay to.
I decided to replace the ebay special rear led lights, as they were not the best quality, and put a quality set in, thinking maybe an internal resistor had broken, but, I still have the same issue, the other day I did the hitch up the trailer and found that both indicators were working correctly this is pointing me towards resistors again but surely the same rear light could not be faulty again !!
Over to the wealth of Knowledge I know hides behind these pages hope somebody has an idea as to what it could be

Clunk
10th September 2017, 06:49 PM
I have the same issue, All globes have been checked but not checked the added load resistor yet. Not sure if a slight break in the cable would do the same thing

Yeti's Beast
11th September 2017, 12:45 AM
Try adding a load resistor and it should fix it. We used to have load resistors fail all the time on our trucks then they flashed fast like there was a blown globe. New resistor, problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Prohttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/09/79.jpg

GeeYou8
11th September 2017, 09:52 PM
Swap lamps left to right & see if the fault follows.
Do the rears, then the fronts & then the sides.
This will eliminate the bulbs.

the evil twin
16th September 2017, 01:04 PM
Change the flasher relay to an LED compatible one ($5 on Ebay, maybe $15 to $30 retail) problem sorted for ever with no crimping soldering etc

The reason one side is OK and the other fast is there will be a slight bit more resistance on one side so a higher load so the original relay thinks that side is OK... same for when you plug in the trailer the extra load tricks the original relay so the rate is normal

threedogs
16th September 2017, 01:49 PM
50ohm resistors will do the trick but avoid those scotch locks they will fail

clubbyr8
17th September 2017, 07:51 AM
+1 for led flasher relay. Easiest and cheapest solution. Bought mine at Jaycar.