PDA

View Full Version : Just an Old Fart saying Hello to all members

Old_Fart
10th September 2017, 04:03 PM
Hi everybody
I bought the Patrol in 2009 after much thought but boy am I glad I did.
I had an old 1984 cruiser (excuse that word) that I was attached to but it was getting long in the tooth and we went down
the center through Alice and had to use that Opel fuel which meant that I lost all pulling power. Sorry I didn't mention that
we pull a 3 ton caravan and after that Opel Crap the engine lost so much power that it was time to either rebuild or replace.
I choose the Patrol 3.0ltr turbo diesel and believe me it pulls the van so much better that I wonder why I didn't do it before.
I also think that it is a shame that Nissan in their stupidity has stopped making the diesel model Hopefully they will start again.
As to me, well I am one of the grey nomads of this great country at the tender age of 72 years young and the wife won't admit it
but she is the same. We don't go off road but use the Patrol for power and comfort.
I may not post often but if I get any interesting photos then I will put them up
That's all for now so best wishes to all and happy motoring.

Avo
10th September 2017, 04:35 PM
welcome the the forum old fart..enjoy

MB
10th September 2017, 05:05 PM
Welcome aboard mate!
Pics of adventures are always great!

AB
10th September 2017, 05:24 PM
Glad you got the login issues sorted old fart, feel free to ask any questions.

growler2058
10th September 2017, 09:28 PM
G'day welcome to the forum mate

GQtdauto
10th September 2017, 09:33 PM
Welcome to the forum , great intro mate and look forward to some pics .

Dhuck
11th September 2017, 07:08 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

4bye4
11th September 2017, 09:23 AM
G'day and welcome mate from a slightly younger fart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old_Fart
11th September 2017, 10:05 AM
Hi Andrew
Is there any where on the site that gives instructions on how to use it and what things mean? Eg what is the difference between a post and a thread?
I am looking at replacing the rear dummy lights on the Patrol and I have removed them both and found plugs hanging but none bell out with lights.
Am I allowed to look at the manual to see the diagrams? If so then please how do I get to them?
I am enjoying being on the forum but a little confused how it works yet (sorry).
Many regards
Gordon

Old_Fart
11th September 2017, 10:11 AM
Hi Avo
Thanks for the welcome and yes I hope to enjoy very much
I will post a couple of photos of what I had to do so Lyn (wife) will drive it and park up in the garage !!!
Regards
Gordon

Old_Fart
11th September 2017, 10:13 AM
I would like to thank all members that have welcomed me to the club.

I was worried that no body would even notice that I had joined.

Thank you once again