PDA

View Full Version : 5 inch lift

c00kiebr0s
8th September 2017, 07:59 PM
hi very new to 4x4s just wondering what i would need to change to do a 5 inch suspension lift on my 93 gq, i know a little bit like shocks, springs, brake lines but not much else. i plan to put 37s or 40s on it.

Ben-e-boy
8th September 2017, 09:55 PM
hi very new to 4x4s just wondering what i would need to change to do a 5 inch suspension lift on my 93 gq, i know a little bit like shocks, springs, brake lines but not much else. i plan to put 37s or 40s on it.

You'll need to change everything basically, including cutting the guards to fit the tyres.

dom14
12th September 2017, 04:36 PM
You'll need to change everything basically, including cutting the guards to fit the tyres.

Can it be legal, so the vehicle doesn't get pulled over and canary papered? Does a lift that high need engineer's cert?

4bye4
12th September 2017, 05:13 PM
Can it be legal, so the vehicle doesn't get pulled over and canary papered? Does a life that high need engineer's cert?

It would have to be engineered in WA to be legal. Don't know about other states ro where the OP is. Also 5" will require alingnment and some changes to keep the steering straight and the front wheels in the centre of the guards.

MudRunnerTD
12th September 2017, 07:42 PM
It would never get Engineered. With enough guard cutting you will fit 37s under a 2" lifted GQ. Most comp guys run a 2" and 37s without trouble.

AB
12th September 2017, 07:58 PM
It would never get Engineered. With enough guard cutting you will fit 37s under a 2" lifted GQ. Most comp guys run a 2" and 37s without trouble.

Do you know how much they chop to achieve this?

I did 30mm on mine and would love to see how 37's sit, I know it will be tight but possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk