PDA

View Full Version : GU II egr removal

Tip12345
8th September 2017, 09:00 AM
Hi all has my GU II got an EGR and is it worth removal ? And while I am at it anything else I don't need under there . I am starting on a out front intercooler ! have the core time to start the fabrication !!!

mudski
8th September 2017, 10:29 AM
Hi all has my GU II got an EGR and is it worth removal ? And while I am at it anything else I don't need under there . I am starting on a out front intercooler ! have the core time to start the fabrication !!!

In my opinion, Just block it. Whilst its illegal to block it, a thin blanking plate hidden is harder to spot than an entire removed EGR setup, if you ever get pulled up from the RTA...
Leave the cooling hoses attached to the EGR and just loop them together where they come out of the motor which is on the left side of the block. Just a little less in the cooling system that is susceptible to leaking.

Sprock
8th September 2017, 10:33 AM
The stainless block plate on mine is the same thickness as the stainless gasket that was in there 👌🏼

dom14
12th September 2017, 04:17 PM
If they decide to do an emission test then the stealthy blocking of the EGR will do no good. Then again, if the RTA decides to emission test cars regularly, many cars will be out of the road.

mudski
12th September 2017, 04:21 PM
If they decide to do an emission test then the stealthy blocking of the EGR it will do no good. Then again, if the RTA decides to emission test cars regularly, many cars will be out of the road.

My 3ltr didnt fail a sniffer test. EGR blocked too.

dom14
12th September 2017, 04:29 PM
My 3ltr didnt fail a sniffer test. EGR blocked too.

Yeah, that make me wonder why they fit these 'bulky' EGR gadget into these vehicles. Most guys resort to blocking the EGR 'cos of the
PITA issues it causes I guess. Mine's 'cos of the stuffed up internals of the EGR system, including the pipes, connectors between the exhaust manifold & EGR valve, and the stuffed EGR valve itself.

Where did you get sniff tested mate?