PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

Western_Wombat
7th September 2017, 12:27 PM
G'day all,
Coming back to 4WD after a long absence.
Was a very keen offroader in the late '80s in an old FJ45 Landcruiser but then life got in the way.
I have just inherited a 2007 GU TI and I'm slowly building up the recovery gear needed to get out and use it properly.
I'm keen to do a lot of my own maintenance so I will be spending a bit of time on the tech threads.
As a newbie I won't be able to contribute much yet, but if you are heading to the south coast of WA and need some local advice - ask away!

4bye4
7th September 2017, 12:33 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum. Did a bit of playing with the Albany 4WD club a couple of years ago. Mutton bird island and West Cape Howe. Have walked WCH a couple of times so it made a change to do it in the Patrol. Used to live in Spencer Street but that was 100 years ago.

Western_Wombat
7th September 2017, 12:57 PM
Thanks 4bye4, wind farm to mutton bird is the only track I've done so far... other than that it's just been beach driving. Still learning what the new beast can do. Nice views from Spencer street mate, and only a shot walk to the Earl for a drink!

4bye4
7th September 2017, 01:25 PM
Thanks 4bye4, wind farm to mutton bird is the only track I've done so far... other than that it's just been beach driving. Still learning what the new beast can do. Nice views from Spencer street mate, and only a shot walk to the Earl for a drink!

Yea mate do West Cape Howe with a friend in another vehicle. Easy to get down but can be a challenge to get back, depending on the track condition. A couple of cuttings there and if you get stuck in the cutting you can't get out of the vehicle to dig or whatever, unless you have a sun roof.
Road to WCH

Cliffs at WCH

AB
7th September 2017, 01:28 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GQtdauto
7th September 2017, 05:32 PM
Welcome back , loved Albany you buggers are spoiled I reckon , stayed with friends there on our way around oz just around the corner from the seal statue .

Dhuck
7th September 2017, 07:24 PM
Welcome back to the forum mate

growler2058
7th September 2017, 07:52 PM
G'day welcome to the forum mate