PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

bradleyjohno
3rd September 2017, 01:17 AM
Apparently I have to introduce myself before asking questions and I have a lot of them. So my names Bradley, I'm 17 going on 18 this month, I race dirtbikes, only for the last six months, I'm not up there but I don't come last so that says something, but I've been riding for 5 years. I love my fishing and hiking as well, I'm a real outdoors man! I get sick in the guts if I'm in suburbia for too long, I also love my 4wding, haven't got one myself, thats why I have come here for questions about GQ Patrols, I know how to spin a spanner myself! I do have a Toyota Hilux 2001 2x4 3.2l, I'm looking for something next that can tackle tracks that my bike can tackle. I'm not rushing myself though, cause Ill end up shit creek. I also know nothing about GU or GQ patrols and what to look out for, I know a little bit but not much!!

Thanks ladies and gents.

growler2058
3rd September 2017, 08:21 AM
G'day Bradley welcome to the forum mate
Edit: GU's are HEAPS better than Q's

GQtdauto
3rd September 2017, 09:44 AM
Welcome mate , don't listen to Growler GQ's rule , both tough four wheel drives mate just depends on how much coin you want to part with .

bradleyjohno
3rd September 2017, 09:46 AM
I don't have a lot of coin to part with but researching for now.

DX grunt
3rd September 2017, 09:49 AM
G'day young fella.

Welcome to the forum. Where you from?

I'm sure there's heaps of reading and question time for you. lol.

Take care out there.

Rossco

bradleyjohno
3rd September 2017, 09:51 AM
Hey Rossco I'm from Melbourne!

DX grunt
3rd September 2017, 09:56 AM
Hey Rossco I'm from Melbourne!

No worries. There's plenty of Victorian's here to help you. They occasionally have a meet up. Keep an eye on the forum.

Used to be a Victorian myself. Born at the Alexandra Hospital, and lived in Thornton - half way between Alexandra and Lake Eildon.

Saw the WA temperature gauge in 1980, and have been here ever since. lol.

I have actually seen and felt Victorian snow. lol.

GQtdauto
3rd September 2017, 10:09 AM
Brad the ideal GQ is the one with the 4.2 turbo diesel , the 4.2 petrol versions also capable just a bit thirsty as for gearboxes try for an auto in my opinion so much easier off road.

Rossco
3rd September 2017, 11:08 AM
Hey Brad, welcome mate. Yep as above the 4.2 diesel is the pick of the bunch mine used to be petrol but is now diesel and is great. Love the reliability and range you get from it plus they're a good starting point to modify for plenty of power if you want. You sound like me hate the burbs ! . . .

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Winnie
3rd September 2017, 11:24 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard.
I started out with a 4.2 EFI GQ when I was 18 and after a couple of years I went for a joyride in Rossco TD42 diesel and bought one for myself a few weeks later.
Best upgrade I've done, absolutely love the diesel GQ!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AB
3rd September 2017, 07:00 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

bradleyjohno
3rd September 2017, 07:04 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard.
I started out with a 4.2 EFI GQ when I was 18 and after a couple of years I went for a joyride in Rossco TD42 diesel and bought one for myself a few weeks later.
Best upgrade I've done, absolutely love the diesel GQ!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I heard to go for the TD42, whats so good about them?

bradleyjohno
3rd September 2017, 07:09 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Hey mate, I don't think my little 2x4 could handle the tracks those blokes probably go on. :[

bradleyjohno
3rd September 2017, 07:11 PM
Thanks everyone for welcoming me, done a bit of research since posting and by the looks if I were to pick I would need to drive one myself and get the feel of it, but I still do have so many questions, where would be the best place to ask all of my query's?

DX grunt
3rd September 2017, 07:14 PM
Thanks everyone for welcoming me, done a bit of research since posting and by the looks if I were to pick I would need to drive one myself and get the feel of it, but I still do have so many questions, where would be the best place to ask all of my query's?

If you go to the front of the Forum page, there's heaps of categories for you to choose from.

Rossco

4bye4
4th September 2017, 03:37 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum

Dhuck
4th September 2017, 07:31 PM
Welcome to the forum mate